Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > Dealer & Distributor Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-23-2007, 05:07 PM   #1

motorxtremes

Almost 8 weeks and I still have not recieved my refund much else a complete bike. So why not post my bad experience here.

But dont take my word for it check out the Oklahoma city BBB which gives them a unsatisfactory record.

http://data.oklahomacity.bbb.org/com...105&language=1

Also check out their own return policy they want you to be happy but are not going to do ANYTHING to make it happen. YOU buy it, YOU sign for it, YOU pay to return it, and still YOU are going to pay 15% for it.

If you do decide to buy from them build up your karma and buy it from ebay they seem to fear bad ratings there.

3/30 Ordered a Ciello 125
4/6 called and hasnt shipped yet.
4/17 called niki will call back when she knows something.
4/18 Kannin tells me out of red I accept blue and a youth helmet.
4/24 Bike arrives has no keys, I stop opening crate ans call. Chris tells me to assymble what I can and call back. Also find the front axle, axle nuts, front speedometer housing, mirrors, and horn missing. Call back and Chris tells me that once they get all the parts together it will be 3 or 4 days delivery. I tell him to forget it just take it back. To which he informs that there will be a 20% restocking fee. After everything that I have been through and its not like I'm just returning it for my health you guys have done nothing but mess up since march! Uh you need to speak to Damon whos not available and call back tomorrow.
4/25 Speak to Damon who tells me why dont you run around and find someone to cut you a key and I'll pay for it (just like the helmet from Kannin I assume) and I'll send you the parts 2 day. You call a locksmith and I'll call you back. 4 hours later no word. Call them back and speak to Damon and tell him to just come get it and give me my money back. He agrees.
4/27 he has made no atempt to pick up bike so I fax a dispute of charge to credit card co.
5/8 still nothing so I file with BBB
5/23 still nothing so I post here.

Old 05-24-2007, 12:26 AM   #2

Send a message via AIM to jkomp316
Im with ya man. Going through the same shit with VIVA motors. We need everyones knowledge and support on this board. We need a list of GOOD dealers to order from. There's too many rip offs out there.

Old 05-24-2007, 06:41 AM   #3

I think the "good" dealers have to charge more. That way they have the finances to absorb the costs when things do go bad. But then it becomes a question of a 200cc china bike for $2000 or a 250cc Jap bike for $3000?

Of course the real problem here is that they knew from day 1 they didn’t have what I ordered, and I gave them so many opportunities to tell me this before they shipped me a pile of crap. If they would have just stepped up and said we're out, I would have ordered the razor 200. Everyone would have been happy.

I really thought I was doing the right thing NOT ordering from eBay. Of course I also thought I had done my homework, they had a good eBay rating and everyone on here seemed to like them for the most part. I also thought that Visa card company would back me up too. So far it has not. Even though I have not recieved what I ordered, a month after my dispute was filed they still have not refunded my money.

Old 05-24-2007, 06:45 AM   #4

Quote:
really thought I was doing the right thing NOT ordering from eBay.
Unless I'm mistaken, if an E-Bay vendor prompts you to purchase an auction item 'outside' the auction it is a violation of their E-Bay terms of service. Perhaps you should report them to E-Bay or threaten too. Some leverage would come in handy right about now.

"The beatings will continue until moral improves"

Old 05-24-2007, 09:37 AM   #5

yes and no on the buying outside of ebay deal -- if you inquire about an item from an ebay listing and they tell you to buy from them direct, then yes it is a violation... but if you did not start the process through ebay but at their site directly then it is not a violation.

There are many companies that have retail web/store fronts and also have an ebay store.

XT - maybe continuing to be a squeaky wheel will get you the parts eventually. I know you just want them to take it back, but it doesn't sound like the parts you're missing are major (except possibly the axle - but you could possibly find a match for that as well.)

It's not a good situation, but it certainly could be worse. Keep trying man - keep trying.
'02 Kawasaki KX125

Old 05-26-2007, 12:54 PM   #6

I was confused for a second, motorxtreme, sounds alot like MOTOxtreme that is here on the forums, glad it's not the same person

How is the credit card dispute going?

Old 05-28-2007, 12:11 AM   #7

:o I was hoping no-one would get me confused with them. 8)

Previously owned / operated MOTO Xtreme selling American Lifan / Check out my friends at www.armattanquads.com

"Imagination is more important that knowledge" Albert Einstein

Old 05-28-2007, 06:14 AM   #8

Funny thing is I got a local dealer to match the price at Riderxtreme : ) so at least I finally have a bike to ride. YEAH!!!

Still don’t know what’s going to happen with my 999.00 at motorxtreme though. And actually John22 the worst part is the keys. They can’t send me a new key and I called around here and could find no one that wanted to cut a key for it.

As far as squeaky I have posted on here, resellerratings.com, BBB of Oklahoma and ebay's blogs. Not sure what else I could do.

Old 05-29-2007, 07:56 PM   #9

I found MotorXtremes to be UNETHICAL as well :-(

I purchased an enduro type motorcycle from MotorXtremes on ebay. I paid them promptly. The listing stated that the item would be shipped within 7 business days. I waited and waited and NO motorcycle. So, I called MotorXtremes and asked where my bike was and, when I might expect to see it arrive. They said they sold the bike I bought and offered to sell me a different motorcycle for $500.00 more. This is an UNLAWFUL, and, UNETHICAL business practice called "BAIT AND SWITCH". They then offered to refund my money. I said refund it. About a week later, still no refund so I filed a dispute with ebay and, BAM I got my refund! I would recommed to everyone to buy a motorcycle from anybody BUT, MotorXtremes! Unless you like to be treated unethically. :-(
I also Blogged on ebay. I have all the documents from this transaction and am filing with the Oklahoma City BBB next.

Old 05-29-2007, 09:00 PM   #10

I just noticed that Damon is no longer listed on their website. Guess that helps explain where my hold up is....

Old 07-12-2007, 06:51 PM   #11

Dealing with this company has to be one of the worst experiences I have ever had.On june 8th I purchased two Hi-birds,a 150 auto and a 250 .
The biggest mistake I made was not paying with a credit card and not doing enough investigating befor I purchased my bikes from them.
They did ship a week earlier then they said wich was a plus.I had to go 90 miles round trip to get the bikes no big deal.I first opened the 250 hurrican"Hi-Bird".Everthing at first inspection looked good with the exception of no decals at all was on the bike,I can live with that as well.After I done a quick inspection of all the parts on the 250 everthing looked good I was excited and happy with what I seen so far,Now its time to open the 150.Let me start by saying that the box of the 150 was in perfect shape.As I opened the box and peeled back the protective foam wrap I noticed that the whole rear fender assembly was cracked.Well I thought they can replace that no big deal.After totaly unpacking the bike My wife came home and said to me thats not the bike I orderd.She was right.We orderd a Hi-bird camo and this was a eagle camo with a white underbody not dark green like the picture on there web site.I called them the next day and talked to Kannon,He tried to convince me that it was an upgrade bike and that they were out of the hi-bird 150's that shows on their website.I did some research on the Eagle and it wasn't good.Among some of the problems the eagles have is the transmission box on the rear axel.It was a bait and switch trying to dump the Eagle on unsupecting customers.I told Kannon I want to return the eagle and get the Hi-bird 150 that I orderd.He said it would be 4 to 6 weeks befor the Hi-birds would be in ,I then told him I want to return the eagle 150 and get my money back,he then responded that he would have to get an ok from his super wich is Kevin the owner.I said what is there to ok I orderd a Hi-bird and you shipped me a damaged eagle.He insisted there wouldn't be a problem but he had to clear it thru kevin and he would call me back that afternoon.Well no phone call so I called back the next day and Kannon told me he got busy and forgot to call me back..I soon found out that this was going to be the pattern with this company for the next few weeks.
Kannon told me that Kevin gave him the ok on the return and refund and ask me to put the bike on a skid and have it ready to ship and that he would have it picked up the next day.I went to the local Suzuki dealer where I bought my motorcycle and they gave me a skid,I used my own rachet straps and secured the bike down.The next day came I waited and waited no truck so I called R & L trucking they told me they had no record of a p/u at my house..I called Kannon again he told me that they was short handed and that he would call the truck company rite away then call me back with a p/u #.Guess what no call back.By this time I am about to explode.The next morning I called kannon he told me that the truck service would be there that afternoon wich was Friday three weeks ago to p/u the bike and that after the truck company confirmed p/u they would send me a refund.
They did finally p/u the bike that Friday.After waiting a week I thought I would call to make sure they recieved the bike and the refund check was sent.As I talked to kannon he told me that they shipped me the correct bike.Wow......This isn't real these people can't be this unorganized..I think if I had a gun close I would have shot myself.
I told him that I didn't want another bike we agreed on a full refund,I all ready orderd and recieved a 150 from another dealer 'Vbikes.Kannon put me on hold and told me he made a mistake and the check is being cut as we speak.One week later guess what.NO CHECK!I am done with Kannon.
Tuseday of this week I called Nikki in sales wich is the person I originally purched the bike from.I filled her in on the whole deal that went down,I also told her that If I don't have a check by Thurseday I am comming down to their store on friday and introduce myself to Kannon.
Not even an houre later Nikki called me back with a tracking number.I finally received my refund after three weeks of hell,lies,no returned calls with the exception of Nikki.
People everyword is the truth in this pathetic experience.