Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Media/Reviews/Classifieds/Sponsors > Free Classifieds > Wanted
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-25-2013, 03:30 PM   #1

front fairing.sunl 200cc

i need the front fairing(plastic piece that goes around headlight) a blue one if possible. anyone have one around or know where i can get one?

Old 03-26-2013, 11:36 AM   #2

I'd just search eBay, for generic terms like "dirt bike headlight" or "dual sport headlight" and see what you find. If you find one you like, make sure it says DOT (if you care). You certainly don't have to use the same style headlight you have now.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 03-26-2013, 12:45 PM   #3

i did that already,wasnt sure if it would still be a plug and play application or if the bolt holes would line up. i have the broken one zip tied on but it doesnt beam straight ahead.

Old 03-26-2013, 01:03 PM   #4

Bolt holes don't exist on rubber mounted headlights. Even the expensive units (like Acerbis) mount with rubber straps that wrap around the fork tubes, between the triples. Might be plug 'n play, but you might need to solder some wires to make it work.

Another option is an old-school dual sport headlight in a chrome or black housing, like an early eighties XL250. You can easily find headlight mounts on eBay that will clamp to your fork tubes, creating a more rigid assembly. Just search for cafe racer headlight mount.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 03-26-2013, 10:50 PM   #5

mine must be an oddity then because the fairing bolts on?

Old 03-27-2013, 12:23 PM   #6

Not at all. What I'm saying is that once you remove the exisiting fairing, you have a blank canvas with many options. There is no value benefit in maintaining the stock appearance. Most of us modify or upgrade headlights for better visibility.

Old 03-27-2013, 01:18 PM   #7

When I had a GY2 the headlight shell/fairing broke. I replaced it with a white Acerbis universal rubber mount unit. Looked better, held up better (the stock plastic is as flexible as glass...) and $40 and 20 minutes later I was done. :wink:

Old 03-28-2013, 12:03 AM   #8

still have hi/low?im also worried that it wont be bright enough or centered. i dont want my beam to the left or what have you

Old 03-28-2013, 12:34 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickieh
still have hi/low?im also worried that it wont be bright enough or centered. i dont want my beam to the left or what have you
Still the same. Mine had a BA20 bulb, IIRC. That's the same as standard issue Chinabike bulbs. :wink:

They are adjustable to put the beam where you want. No biggie.

My YZF currently has a Polysport headlight. It also works well and cost about $60.