Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-01-2014, 11:16 AM   #16

Have you checked cdi pulse pick up or valve lash.it almost sounds like valve lash or timing

Old 04-01-2014, 01:11 PM   #17

im sorry but i have NEVER seen stators in oil.... i know mine isnt... i would start there.... my bike is an 07 shineray.... start there... clean that gunk out and start fresh... hopefully the stator isnt damaged from it...

Old 04-01-2014, 01:27 PM   #18

ongoing issues.....

Hi stretch8668.....in response to Your suggestions I have checked valve lash a couple times. Once warm and once cold just to be safe. Bike has fantastic compression also. Have not checked cdi pulse pickup but am assuming You may be leaning towards a possible "funky" cdi box. As far as "timing" goes I believe its "fixed" and controlled by the cdi box. I've been known to be wrong on many issues in My lifetime but I don't think there is a physical adjustment to retard or advance the spark. (I believe it's controlled by the CDI) I am waiting for a new CDI box to be shipped and least I can eliminate that possibility if the new one has no affect on the bike. As I stated a compression test ruled out sticky valves. After that it's back to the drawing board! Sure wish I could respond back and say "hey Guys...Great News"...will keep ya posted...Thanks again for the feedback and all the help. jerryfaxman

Old 04-01-2014, 02:10 PM   #19

The stator definitely runs in oil on vertical Honda clone engines. Every two stroke I've ever had has a dry stator.

Have you changed the oil in this bike? I would certainly do that before anything else.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 04-01-2014, 02:10 PM   #20

It's very common for stators to be bathed in engine oil. The stators in my Honda XR650L, Honda CRF250X, and Zongshen 200GY-2 are all bathed in engine oil.

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2015 Zongshen ZS250GY-3 (RX3)
2006 Zongshen ZS200GY-2 (Sierra 200)
2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894

Old 04-01-2014, 04:35 PM   #21

interesting... my honda xl75 is a dry stator, as were my 2 stroke bikes... and my honda clone 110 horizontal...learn something new every day...

Old 04-03-2014, 10:02 AM   #22

Tech Tip....

This feedback is more aimed towards a "Tech Tip". I ran a small engine service for years and I always read in the forum about carburetor issues and how to properly clean small "orfice's" in carburetors. I went to Harbor Freight Tools and bought a "Ultra-Sonic" cleaner years ago and I use "Jungle Jake" cleaner. Put it on "Heat" and clean it for 20-30 minutes and it's never failed Me yet for cleaning carburetors. For cleaning out pilot jets and mains...My Son plays electric guitars and I kept His old stainless steel strings and they work "AWESOME" for cleaning small holes in carbs. You'll have enough to last a lifetime of carb cleaning. Use the E,A,D strings and throw away the G,B,E strings. Just to clarify use strings off a "steel string" guitar and not an acoustic guitar. If ya own a shop and do a lot of carb cleaning the "ultra sonic" cleaner (about 25-30 bucks) really fits the ticket! I've had My cleaner for about 12 years and I prefer a degreaser like Jungle Jake cause its cheap for a gallon (5-6 bucks) and non flammable. Don't waste Your money on expensive Carb cleaning solvents. Hope someone finds this info useful.

Old 04-03-2014, 10:35 AM   #23

That's very useful info! Thanks!

I use the larger HF ultrasonic cleaner and it was closer to $80.00, but still totally worth it. It hadn't occurred to me to use Son of Weldangrind's guitar strings, although I could see a use for the G,B,E strings in a very small engine, like a 50cc scooter.

So far, I've only added a little vinegar to the water, and it has worked very well.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 04-03-2014, 02:33 PM   #24

Thanks for the tip, Jerry. With a name like 'Jungle Jake,' how can you go wrong?

http://www.farmandfleet.com/products...l#.Uz2o4PldUrU

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894

Old 04-03-2014, 02:35 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weldangrind View Post
That's very useful info! Thanks!

I use the larger HF ultrasonic cleaner and it was closer to $80.00, but still totally worth it. It hadn't occurred to me to use Son of Weldangrind's guitar strings, although I could see a use for the G,B,E strings in a very small engine, like a 50cc scooter.

So far, I've only added a little vinegar to the water, and it has worked very well.
I also bought the larger, Harbor Freight Ultrasonic cleaner. How much vinegar do you add, Weld? I wonder about the relative benefits of vinegar versus 'Jungle Jake," versus 'Simple Green.'

2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Old 05-18-2014, 09:48 AM   #26

Lifan starter bendix.....

Hi all....I have another issue with a 2006 Lifan GY-200-5 starter bendix. I bought the bike and the owner removed the starter bendix (also called a starter sprag clutch) with the intent of replacing it with a new one. It slipped occasionally, but He decided to sell bike. In the process of removing it He lost it! I tried the one out of My Hisun GY-200-5 and everything works mint. The question is does anyone no where to find a GY-200-5 starter bendix? I'm not having much luck locating one. I can find dozens of GY-6 bendix drives but no GY-5 bendix's. Any ideas? Thanks.

Old 05-18-2014, 10:04 AM   #27

Update on My Hisun GY200-5......

After 3-4 carbs and multiple jettings (even put new Mikuni on it) bike still started hard and coughed and spit. Replaced Stator and pulled flywheel to verify woodruff key didn't "shear" but no improvement. Two new CDI's and a new coil and still ran like garbage. Valve lash is perfect and even checked them cold and hot just to be safe. New fuel and multiple spark plugs. Did a point to point on wiring and all grounds are perfect on Ohm's. Compression is right on the money. The bottom line is that this bike has an OMEN in it and I am giving up on it. Enough is enough! I finally posted on Craigslist and indicated it's a tremendous buy (only 261 miles) if You have a little knowledge with engines. My friend is a motorcycle mechanic and He looked at it and concluded that the problem is internal. The valve timing is right on the money. The final decision was to either replace the darn engine or get rid of bike. I chose the latter. So thanks for all the help and feedback but as I said: "Enough is Enough!" jerryfaxman

Tags
help!