Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > New Member Introductions
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-30-2006, 06:04 AM   #1

Greetings from Scotland

Hi everyone. I've been a lurker since the site started. I've got a bunch of bikes, 2 of which are Chinese(see signature). I'm 24 now but my first experience of a powered 2 wheeler was on a Blackpool Pier when I was 4 years old. I've been hooked ever since.
I like small slow bikes just as much as I like big fast ones.
A year and a half ago I took a chance on a Lifan Monkey70 and it hasn't let me down. It left a good enough taste in my mouth for me to buy the gy200 in the summer of this year and it's been great too. I bought it for gentle offroading, exploring forest trails etc. Idealy I would like a DRZ400 but with buying a house this year, they are way out of my reach.

Old 12-30-2006, 09:50 AM   #2

Send a message via Yahoo to RPM
Thanks for joining up!
Great to hear that you finally made the purchase for a GY-200. I am sure that you will agree that for the money, you will enjoy it. These motors are pretty tough and I am sure that you have gone through the postings here to know what to look out for as the Chinese factories don't use lock-tite very often.
I see you are from Aberdeen. I actually hired a fellow in my past job about 7 years ago who was from there. Sad story though. Seems he past away a few years back, was found in his apt. when he didn't show up at work. If you want to do a little investigating there for his kin, his name was Ivor Bennett and no one here knew anything about him except he was wonderring the US on a bicycle and he was buried in a local cemetary. All his family was still in Scotland as I remember.
Like you, I love bikes, all kinds, but ride a large cruiser, Valkyrie Interstate, as my #1 bike. Can't remember how many through the years I have owned, close to 30, but as long as I can saddle one, I will ride!
Take care and enjoy the new bike. Plenty of folks here to answer questions when/if you have a problem, including me.

Old 12-30-2006, 10:08 PM   #3

Hello Ewganhoff, it's good to hear from you! I am like you in that I really enjoy the smaller bikes. There's just nothing like covering ground with that little gas-sipping engine tucked in between your feet!

Old 01-05-2007, 08:00 AM   #4

Hey ewganhoff
Welcome to ChinaRiders! We are always willing to help with the needs of these bikes. I'm a Dealer in N.E. Ohio, glad to have you here.!
Bruce
Hours: Tue.-Fri. 10:00-6:00 Sat. 10:00-4:00 EST.
Dealer for: Lifan, Crossrunner ATVs.
http://www.endlessjourneycycles.net

Old 01-05-2007, 04:30 PM   #5

Welcome. You might want to get hold of member 'shadowred' as he is from Scotland, although not too sure how close he is to you. If you are mechanically inclined, perhaps you could help him out as his bike seems to be giving him some trouble. Anyway, drink a pint of your local favorite (but don't ride)!

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard