Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-08-2015, 12:29 AM   #16

Yup, think I got the 65.5mm CB250 chain when I need the 69mm chain.
I need 102 links but got 104.
I used the timing chain tool.
http://world.taobao.com/item/1841252...u=82e9r01sd57b

translated to:
Motorcycle regulations when timing chain puller 04C-1 split chain chain device disassembly tool chain 05B-1 2 points

A mouthful, but it's basically a timing chain tool. Like a final drive chain tool, but for the timing chains. I'd prefer the correct length and not have to mess with it, but I was having trouble finding the correct length so.....

Old 10-08-2015, 01:33 AM   #17

Genius! I'll be adding that to my next cart. Thanks!

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 10-08-2015, 01:38 AM   #18

Best parts?

So i'm also wondering what you guys have found for replacement parts, although I don't need any now.. Can you match up sprockets? What is your impression of the stock tires, or do you suggest others? My tires look original, but still have good grip.. Has anyone upgraded the headlight? I'm pretty interested in that.... Anyone replaced the oil screen with a filter?
Do you suggest having a few CDI units on hand? Do they go out much? What about other parts handy to have on hand?

Looking at my orders on Ebay and Amazon, I think I got my chain from TaoBao, from one of the vendors. I'm still waiting on about 5 others I think, and the timing chain tensioners, and the tool I gave up on and got on ebay.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/191685618586

I paid for about 5 or 6 chains because I wasn't sure how any of them might fit on the cam.. I had one sooooo close, but just not close enough. And at like 3 dollars each (or whatever) I figured it couldn't hurt to buy a few..

Anyway, I'm really enjoying this forum, and this thread is fun. I like the bike. Not a Japanese model for sure, but a fun ride none the less... I look forward to the responses and questions...

Old 10-16-2015, 11:50 PM   #19

By the way, I never said thanks for the info... Interesting about these. Like mine but I haven't put any more mileage on it lately... Still around 70 total miles on it...

Old 10-17-2015, 01:47 AM   #20

I'm grateful for the info you provided, nevernuf.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer