Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-16-2007, 11:28 AM   #1

Two more in the stable

I purchased a Shineray from a guy trying to clearance them just before Christmas and liked what I saw for the money. Therefore I ordered two Lifan GY-5's from him at a killer price. They came in crates, and just as promised no damage and no missing parts. I assembled them in my unheated garage with temps not getting out of single digits but it was real easy. For the record they started right up even in those temperatures and after tweaking the carbs they both purred like kittens. The owners manual was much better than I expected. I am real happy and now the modifications can begin.

Old 01-16-2007, 04:01 PM   #2

where is this dealer located if i may ask?i am considering one of these bikes.

Old 01-16-2007, 04:08 PM   #3

In Colorado, gray market to be sure but really nice guy. Delivered to my garage. Do it, you won't be sorry and the people on this site are marvelous and did my research for me.

Old 01-16-2007, 06:58 PM   #4

does this guy have a website ?

Old 01-16-2007, 07:06 PM   #5

No, I am sorry. Found him through Craig's list and started talking and luckily for me turned out to be about 3 miles from my house. Like most of us I am pretty skeptical and being able to see what I was going to get was a big help.

Old 01-16-2007, 07:24 PM   #6

im already catching flak from some of the guys i work with for even talking about buying one of these ,but ,for the price and from what ive read here ,i dont see how i could go wrong .

Old 01-16-2007, 07:34 PM   #7

I think that I know what you are going through with the brand bashing. Take it from an old timer that bought my first Toyota in 1969. You probably can not imagine the grief that I took back then and look at the Toyota reputation now. I bought it from some schmuck that had 6 on his lot and his lot was a run down gas station with 1 would be mechanic. That same schmuck is now the 2nd biggest Toyota dealer in the USA.

Old 01-16-2007, 08:16 PM   #8

ha! that brings back memories !my mom and dad bought a new datsun in 71 when i was just a lil kid the dealership was a corner hardware store!it went on to become sunbelt one of the largest in the southeast.also dad was ribbed real bad for buyin one of dem danged ole jap cars.also gm now has a deal to provide dealer support for some chinese cars .so even though they may be now where hyundai was several years ago i think the chinesewill catch up .politics and prejudices aside people will always try to save money and if its a chinese bike so be it

Old 01-16-2007, 08:30 PM   #9

I agree with you. I have owned Harley, Yamaha, Honda, BSA, Norton, Matchless and multiples of most of them and believe me my sons don't really know what "junk" is. If the Chinese decide to make a commitment to quality the others had better look out. It is funny that the first Jap vehicles in the states were referred to as "rice grinders" etc. and the "name" brand riders heaped crap on their owners. Now it is the self same people that feel like they have to defend their "jap" bikes from the "Harley" guys that are bashing Chinese bikes. Gives an entirely different meaning to the phrase "Ride Red".

Old 01-17-2007, 08:14 AM   #10

screw what people think, i am a true blue hd rider, but for a person to ride any bike is cool with me, heck China bikes are no different than early 70's honda, yamaha, suzuki, kawasawki, now they have the market and "mark it up"

I just cant take all the yuppies that want to ride harleys cause they are the fashion statement, most arent enthusiest's but just trailer to bike week and ride their 30 miles for the year and brag to Angela in accounting how they hung out in their leather and were bad boys for 3 days, got back in the trailer bein hauled by the Escalade and went back home to stick it in the garage LOL GO CHINA BIKES!!!!! IT AINT WHAT YA RIDE ITS THE FACT YOU DO RIDE ANY BRAND!!!! ITS FUN AND ENJOYMENT THAT COUNTS!!!!!! RIDE HARD AND HAVE FUN

Old 01-17-2007, 08:25 AM   #11

Pobiker, that's good stuff and Amen.