Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > ATVs
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-11-2017, 06:27 AM   #16

Mine has a petcock attached to the bottom of the fuel tank but it's unreachable. I added a second one in the traditional location.

No need for fuel additives but they won't hurt anything. Stabil or AV gas is a good idea if the machine is going to sit unused for months at a time though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldstryker88 View Post
Great site!!! No China bashing and like minded peeps! My boy and I have a Roketa 150 type 56 (for me) and a Coolster 125 (for him). Bought them in 2013 and both are still on the road...changed carbs, ignition switches, sprockets....the usual suspects. Going to fix em up one last time and stash them for guests coming to our desert oasis in AZ. We're expecting two black Tao Tao 250 Rhinos this Monday and can't wait to put em together! I did want to put synthetic oil in them...change to an NGK plug and a beefier ignition coil wire. I hear there is no fuel cut off so I will use that as an excuse to install one with better fuel lines and a better fuel filter. KnN type air cleaner will top off Phase 1 of mods that will take place before the engine is cranked. Any opinions on running a fuel additive like 104+ Octane Boost?

Thanks in advance!

Peace out

Old 03-11-2017, 05:57 PM   #17

Hey Goldstryker, mine came with a fuel shut off switch and fuel filter. They are both very accessible on the right side of the engine.

I changed my oil today Shell 15w40 and put in a NGK spark plug. Not sure what is next on the list but we are expecting some snow here on Tuesday. I'm looking forward to seeing what she can do in the snow.

Old 03-11-2017, 08:09 PM   #18

Yeah same here.. petcock and filter easy to get too. I do however suggest upgrading the carb to a mikuni or mikuni clone and get it jetted right. It really pops the cork on the Rhino. That stock carb is robbing close to half your power.

Old 03-13-2017, 09:57 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldstryker88 View Post
Great site!!! No China bashing and like minded peeps! My boy and I have a Roketa 150 type 56 (for me) and a Coolster 125 (for him). Bought them in 2013 and both are still on the road...changed carbs, ignition switches, sprockets....the usual suspects. Going to fix em up one last time and stash them for guests coming to our desert oasis in AZ. We're expecting two black Tao Tao 250 Rhinos this Monday and can't wait to put em together! I did want to put synthetic oil in them...change to an NGK plug and a beefier ignition coil wire. I hear there is no fuel cut off so I will use that as an excuse to install one with better fuel lines and a better fuel filter. KnN type air cleaner will top off Phase 1 of mods that will take place before the engine is cranked. Any opinions on running a fuel additive like 104+ Octane Boost?

Thanks in advance!

Peace out
Welcome! My Rhino came with a fuel petcock and an inline filter. I was quite surprised!
These things run such low compression, I wouldn't bother with octane boost. They run on regular just fine.
The carbs usually come woefully lean...and sealed. The one on my Rhino was junk. I replaced it with a Mikuni and fatter jetting, along with a new muffler and K&N-type air filter. Runs great!

Here's the thread for your review.
http://www.chinariders.net/showthrea...ighlight=Rhino

2007 Suzuki DRZ400S (SM convert)
2009 Q Link XP 200
1967 BSA B25 250cc Starfire
2022 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650
2023 Royal Enfield Scram 411
1948 Royal Enfield Model G 350

Old 03-13-2017, 09:31 PM   #20

I just run premium in mine. Last time I messed around with octane booster my Nova took out a liquor store and deli. When it exploded and stood on its nose the gas tank flew over a row of white panel vans and landed in the middle of the sales lot like a pried open clam shell.

Stick with upgrading the carb. Cheaper then 5 bottles of octane boost and you will have more power then you ever could muster with the stock carb and booster.

Old 03-14-2017, 11:05 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Racer View Post
Last time I messed around with octane booster my Nova took out a liquor store and deli. When it exploded and stood on its nose the gas tank flew over a row of white panel vans and landed in the middle of the sales lot like a pried open clam shell.
What an AWESOME visual to start my day! LOL! Thanks!

2007 Suzuki DRZ400S (SM convert)
2009 Q Link XP 200
1967 BSA B25 250cc Starfire
2022 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650
2023 Royal Enfield Scram 411
1948 Royal Enfield Model G 350

Old 03-29-2017, 01:58 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2LZ View Post
What an AWESOME visual to start my day! LOL! Thanks!
Well I'm back to work and have received my two Rhinos. Put them together and have a couple of hours on them. I was happy with the delivery (RL Shipping) and the palets were shrink wrapped and undamaged when unloaded. My son and I put them together in an afternoon. Swapped the plugs for NGKs and went with Lucas oil (sorry don't remember the type but it was designed for wet clutches). We fired them up the next day and have been having a blast with them. I actually made a video of the entire process from delivery to first drive around. I'm using my editing software to put it together and will be sharing here in a couple days.

Last edited by goldstryker88; 03-29-2017 at 02:00 PM. Reason: mispelled words

Old 03-30-2017, 06:12 PM   #23

Delivery and Unpacking of Two Tao Tao Rhino 250s

Made the video of the 2 Rhinos being delivered and unpacked. There was too much info to put on one vid so I am working on another for assembly. Let me know what you think.

Old 03-30-2017, 08:09 PM   #24

Those did show up in good shape. Mine looked like it was dropped on the pallet from 30,000 feet.

I will never get tired of seeing those square tires either.

Old 03-30-2017, 08:45 PM   #25

Brought back memories of my first day. Yeah them square tires are trippy to look at.

Worth mentioning to those getting one delivered.. if the cardboard is ripped up inspect before you sign. Peel it back and take a peek. Once it's off the truck getting the damage resolved is going to be harder if any resolve is given at all.

If they give you a problem inspecting before signing then be concerned. They were probably the ones that damaged it.

Looks like you got two good ones... now the real fun begins.