Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > Off-Topic/General Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-31-2017, 10:59 AM   #16

Be it a chicken pig or cow... I never name something I intend to destroy.

Old 06-02-2017, 08:55 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirbo7106 View Post
What do you think about the KLR650? What year is it? In comparison to your other bikes, how does it ride? I always wanted one, but conditions were never right.
Oh crap, Now you done it. Get comfortable for the klr report.

Az
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~Benjamin Franklin~

Old 06-04-2017, 10:05 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirbo7106 View Post
What do you think about the KLR650? What year is it? In comparison to your other bikes, how does it ride? I always wanted one, but conditions were never right.
The TT250 is just TT. Marzhere's RX3 is the orange blossom special. My RX is the blues traveler.

Former KLR owner. Mine was a 2007. Last year of the smaller fairing and slightly longer travel suspension. 9.1" vs 7.3" also slightly lighter than that 2008 to current version. Really liked the bike overall but sold after I got the RX3. The bike is pretty good a most things but knarly trails/single track. Although more capable riders than myself could get more out of the bike. Road KLR on various back roads, forest services, interstate, and some trail riding.

People gripe about the bike being a pig and it is. I found it a little too top heavy for confident off road riding that and the taller seat height for me was sometimes a challenge. Other than that I had no real complaints. Handles well on the road and on most other dirt roads and trails.

What does a KLR need, better brakes, better suspension and a good seat. There is great aftermarket support to solve these issues relatively inexpensively.

How does it compare? Where top end speed is not an issue I really don't loose much with the RX3. Just like the KLR the RX3 needs better brakes and suspension. The TT250 fills in for rougher forest service roads and is better on trails than the KLR.

Rojo

Old 06-05-2017, 12:20 AM   #19

I call my Hawk Tubuku because she has a wide seat and I love it. At my age it's not like I will be doing stunts over the double or triple 1 foot bumps.