Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-01-2008, 11:39 PM   #1

Front Brake mount broke off! Help!

Still loving my 2007 GY200XY Shineray (Roketa), but got a problem. Pulling up to a stopsign Friday night after work, all of a sudden I hear and feel a 'thunk' and look down to see my front brake caliper dangling by the hose! As I look more closely, I can see that the mount (on the left fork) has actually broken off of the fork itself (taking a sizable chunk of the fork end with it!) Limped the bike home with just the rear brake. :evil: Now just what the h#(( am I supposed to do? ANy suggestions? :?:

Old 03-01-2008, 11:51 PM   #2

It's probably not something that could (or should) be welded back together. You'll probably need to buy a whole new left fork if you can't find someone parting out a similar bike. Ask someone with a Lifan, just to be sure, but I'll bet the forks are the same diameter on all the models with the USD forks. So you've got a pretty wide selection of bikes to choose from. Roketa.com (click to visit parts page) has the left fork assembly for $108. I'll bet they'll hit you up at least $40 for shipping. So you may get her fixed up for less than $150!

P.S. I see you're in Cedar City, UT. My folks used to have some land in the mountains near there (Strawberry Point IIRC). What a great place to live, all kinds of great places to ride. I lived in Salt Lake. I made many a trip, down the I15 to go visit my folks in Vegas. Southern Utah is one of my favorite parts of the county.

Old 03-02-2008, 02:14 PM   #3

Look in the forsale section for someone parting a bike. You are going to have to replace that fork.

Allen

Old 03-03-2008, 09:01 AM   #4

The other (maybe even better) option is to fit any jap front end that will fit in the triple tree. Lots of parts bikes in salvage yards.
1995 Kawasaki Concours (ZG1000)

Old 03-03-2008, 11:57 AM   #5

That would probably work too. You would need to measure the diameter of the fork at the mounting locations in the clamps. Probably about 30mm.

Allen

Old 03-26-2008, 12:21 AM   #6

Got the fork, replaced and all is good. THanks for the help. BTW, rich_e, I camp every summer right across the highway from Strawberry Point. Yes, So. Ut rocks! Thanks to all for the help.