Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-24-2017, 11:45 AM   #1

Bought a parts bike

Last month I purchased a 2006 Jialing (HiSun, Viva) 200cc motorcycle that, according to the seller, threw a push rod. The plastics are in bad shape, has lots of loose bolts, some wiring hacks, needs tires - a "fixer upper."

Yesterday I purchased another Chinese motorcycle. This one is a 2005 Kinlon (Loncin subsidiary) JetMoto 200cc. Both engines are 163FML models but the Loncin engine looks a bit different. Supposedly, it ran when it came to the sellers shop but had some issues. It looks like the engine had been removed and loosely replaced and a few parts are missing - like the kick starter, headlight and front turn-signals. Obviously I'll never know the whole story as this was sold as-is as a parts bike. I purchased it so cheap I figured it was certainly worth it, even if only for spare parts.

After looking the JetMoto 200cc over, it's probably in about the same over-all condition as the Jialing. My first goal will be to see which engine I can get running.

Does anyone have a good link to a CG125 service manual? I thought I found one the other day, but now the only links I can find look questionable

Old 12-24-2017, 05:21 PM   #2

http://www.chinariders.net/showpost....80&postcount=4
==
Loncin's bore is 63mm while 63.5mm is the commonest CG200

Old 12-24-2017, 07:01 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by TommyD View Post
Last month I purchased a 2006 Jialing (HiSun, Viva) 200cc motorcycle that, according to the seller, threw a push rod. The plastics are in bad shape, has lots of loose bolts, some wiring hacks, needs tires - a "fixer upper."

Yesterday I purchased another Chinese motorcycle. This one is a 2005 Kinlon (Loncin subsidiary) JetMoto 200cc. Both engines are 163FML models but the Loncin engine looks a bit different. Supposedly, it ran when it came to the sellers shop but had some issues. It looks like the engine had been removed and loosely replaced and a few parts are missing - like the kick starter, headlight and front turn-signals. Obviously I'll never know the whole story as this was sold as-is as a parts bike. I purchased it so cheap I figured it was certainly worth it, even if only for spare parts.

After looking the JetMoto 200cc over, it's probably in about the same over-all condition as the Jialing. My first goal will be to see which engine I can get running.

Does anyone have a good link to a CG125 service manual? I thought I found one the other day, but now the only links I can find look questionable
theres a link somewhere in here that i saw to download a pdf manual but dont know where
13' long chopper in progress
2009 johnny pag bar hog
2004 hd electra glide ultra classic shriner edition
1997 harley davidson 1200 sportster
1972 harley davidson amf sx250

Old 12-24-2017, 07:09 PM   #4

ive got it but its too big to upload to this site. so heres a dropbox with it. https://www.dropbox.com/s/goif5axwcw...anual.pdf?dl=0
13' long chopper in progress
2009 johnny pag bar hog
2004 hd electra glide ultra classic shriner edition
1997 harley davidson 1200 sportster
1972 harley davidson amf sx250

Old 12-25-2017, 01:27 AM   #5

timcosby - Wow! Thank you, very much!

Old 12-25-2017, 01:31 AM   #6

humanbeing - Thank you, very much for links!

Old 12-25-2017, 02:39 AM   #7

Sounds like you can at least make one good running bike out of the pair. With a bit more work you could probably make both bikes good runners again. Maybe take the "leftovers" and turn it into a unique low buck project. Even if it threw a pushrod, you can get all of the engine parts for these engines really cheap. Good chance to take the "bad" motor and do a little hot rodding with it, like a bigger bore etc.
https://chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=34124

Old 12-29-2017, 09:17 PM   #8

Megadan - Hopefully I can get at least one of them up and running. Preferably both - eventually. Supposedly the 2nd bike, the Loncin, has a running engine; however, it didn't come with a key or a battery and it looks like the engine was removed and loosely set back in place.

Also, I don't see many for parts listed for that Loncin 200cc engine. Humanbeing mentioned that it also has a slightly smaller bore than most. Both bikes are pretty beat up considering they only have around 2000 miles on them (according to the sellers).

Tags
163fml, jetmoto enduro, loncin