Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Street
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-20-2019, 05:36 PM   #1

Stator

I have a 2016 jiangasu baodaio the stator went out on it it is a 4 prong I ordered a new one but the one they sent was a 3 prong was wondering if there was a way to use the 4 prong plug on the 3 prong.

Old 03-24-2019, 12:23 PM   #2

Hi. I don't know your bike, but have general suggestions. Most bike stators have three identically-color-coded wires that all lead to the rectifier/regulator. They carry the three phases of the AC current. The stator itself grounds via its mounting bolts.

Maybe your bike's original stator had a ground wire, in which case it would be colored differently than the other three, and would also show zero ohms of resistance to the metal core of the stator, when tested with an ohmmeter. In addition, you should also see zero ohms to ground on the existing wire of your wiring loom that the fourth wire of the stator connected to.

If those things are true, you can just not worry about the absence of a fourth wire on your replacement stator, so long as you get a good ground at the mounting bolts. Again, an ohmmeter would provide a check.

If your question was about the specifics of the two plugs, I can't help. But I would be looking for a matching plug on one side or the other in that case.

Buccaneer