Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Adventure Bikes > Zongshen RX3
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-19-2019, 02:10 PM   #1

Shipper Recommendations?

Good day all.

I'm in the market for an RX3. I've found some good deals out of state but have no experience with setting up a shipper or what to be aware of. Does anyone have a shipper they recommend and any advice? Thanks.

Old 10-19-2019, 04:41 PM   #2

The low cost option is U-Ship. I have used them twice. It's a crap shoot in terms of quality since they contract with various independent shippers. On one of mine it was a couple with an old U-Haul truck and an equally old open trailer. They travel around the US picking up and delivering bikes along the way. They had a few salvage bikes on the trailer along with my almost new machine. As I looked at their rig it was clear how they could ship across the country for the price quoted....run your rig into the ground with minimal maintenance and probably the bare minimum of insurance coverage. The other delivery was much more professional and my machine was carried inside a box truck.

Peter Y.

Old 10-19-2019, 09:20 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyoungbl View Post
The low cost option is U-Ship. I have used them twice. It's a crap shoot in terms of quality since they contract with various independent shippers. On one of mine it was a couple with an old U-Haul truck and an equally old open trailer. They travel around the US picking up and delivering bikes along the way. They had a few salvage bikes on the trailer along with my almost new machine. As I looked at their rig it was clear how they could ship across the country for the price quoted....run your rig into the ground with minimal maintenance and probably the bare minimum of insurance coverage. The other delivery was much more professional and my machine was carried inside a box truck.

Peter Y.
Hi Peter. Thanks for the info. I’m trying to get a ballpark estimate from New York to L.A. area. At this point I’m just doing research Incase a good deal comes by again.

Old 10-20-2019, 09:28 AM   #4

My RX3 is for sale....upgraded shock, bash plate, horns, 19" front wheel with larger brake rotor (also 18' Wheel and tire). Tourfella racks but not the aluminum cases. 8500 miles. Extra chain, sprockets, brake pads, and misc. parts. $2300. In Virginia.

My RX4 should be here in a few days!

Peter Y.

Old 10-20-2019, 10:17 AM   #5

uship will have estimates once you enter all info. they have instant offers and an average gig price.