Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Adventure Bikes > Zongshen RX3
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-23-2020, 08:40 AM   #1

ABS bypassed, brakes are wonderful now.

Afternoons being fed up with the abs on my 2019 RX3, and being very disappointed in the front brakes, I decided to eliminate the nearly 7' of line for the front and almost as much for the back and replace them with industry standard braided stainless steel single lines. For reference, the front it 120cm and the rear is 39cm. I took the ABS unit partly apart and removed the eccentric actuator bearing from the drive cam. The abs pump motor will still run, and the computer will see that everything is fine. Just now, nothing happens. I drilled some round stock to the diameter of the brake line end holes and then cut the same thickness as the line ends. After truing the flats on a lathe, I reinstalled the the 4 bolts and copper crush washers in my new block-offs. The abs unit is now fully sealed and non-functional. Plus it can also be easily restored if desired. It is also possible to maintain abs on the front and non abs on the rear if desired.

After bleeding the new lines, I took it out. WOW! What a difference. There must be in incredible amount of flex in the factory lines. I'm running the stock pads and rotors and it will flat out stop now. After having done this, I am very very pleased. My advice is if you don't have the experience to deal with a no abs bike, replace the factory lines with high quality braided stainless steel. I believe I would remove the abs from the rear and leave it on the front with new lines on the front if I had to do it again. I can not really tell you how much better it stops, and the ability to lock the rear is a must for a technical trail ride.

Hope this helps someone.