Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > Dealer & Distributor Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-10-2020, 01:13 AM   #1

Powersportsmax Vader order all worked out now

Ordered 5/29
Recieved 6/9

Bike arrived in great shape. So far it has been a perfect transaction. They even responded to a email inquiry the same day when I asked for a update on order status. Kinda confused on the title/registration process being I live in California. Didn't recieve anything with the bike. Their website says something about some DMV form. I will update again once it's got a plate.

Update- Email communication continues to be great. They said they mailed the DMV form I need to fill out on the 9th.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20200609_124826.jpg (93.8 KB, 696 views)
File Type: jpg 20200609_125346.jpg (91.0 KB, 720 views)
File Type: jpg 20200609_130509.jpg (92.3 KB, 658 views)
File Type: jpg 20200609_181250.jpg (95.1 KB, 716 views)
File Type: jpg 20200609_201252.jpg (96.7 KB, 701 views)

Last edited by Big Bird; 08-05-2020 at 08:22 PM. Reason: Update

Old 06-10-2020, 03:17 AM   #2

Congrats and nice bike!

Glad things went well for you with them. I looked at their BBB info and the amount of complaints seemed unreal, but the still have a B rating, which was a bit shocking to me.

Old 06-10-2020, 11:12 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by crabjoe View Post
Congrats and nice bike!

Glad things went well for you with them. I looked at their BBB info and the amount of complaints seemed unreal, but the still have a B rating, which was a bit shocking to me.
Since most of the volume dealers have horrible reviews. I think the best way to judge them is on the type of complaints. If a majority of the complaints revolve around the vehicle reliability you are pretty safe to buy from them. If the complaints are about lack of communication, never recieved orders or MCO's, warranty denial, getting ghosted, etc. Those are the ones to stay away from. The best to buy from are typically the smaller volume brick and mortar dealers that actually have a showroom and service department. Unfortunately with the stock shortage it's hard find those dealers with stock. I would have went with Kronikracing had I known they had inventory coming in. I found that out the next day after I placed my order with PSM.

Old 07-11-2020, 10:23 PM   #4

Well I contacted them exactly a month after I recieved my bike inquiring about my plate and title and they claim they never recieved the DMV form I sent them. And they will check if they can send me a new one??? Like if they can't them I'm just screwed because they or the usps lost the mail???

At this point I would never recommend the china bike experience to anyone. It's just a hassle to rely on these companies to do anything efficiently beyond taking your money. They make it seem so easy peasy on the websites but it ends up just being a nightmare one way or another. I'm not just talking about this order with psm, but also the two previous orders from others before it that ended in failure. Along with all the other experiences I read about. Maybe If I'm lucky I will get to ride my bike this summer.

Old 07-19-2020, 07:46 PM   #5

It's been a week since they alluded to possibly sending me a new DMV title form. Haven't received anything. I emailed them for a update. 40 days have passed since I received the bike. I still can't legally ride it, or even prove ownership. I can't even request the MCO and BOS and just do it myself because of CA law.

Old 07-20-2020, 12:44 PM   #6

Earth calling culcune, come in culcune. Didn't Manny buy PSM???? If that's the case, this doesn't shock me in the least.

Sorry to hear things have taken a turn for the worse.
I bought my Rhino from Superior Powersports (another horribly rated place). Though their post-sale support (warranty claim on a plastic piece) was non-existent, they were lickity split on the DMV paperwork. I hope you get this straight soon.

2007 Suzuki DRZ400S (SM convert)
2009 Q Link XP 200
1967 BSA B25 250cc Starfire
2022 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650
2023 Royal Enfield Scram 411
1948 Royal Enfield Model G 350

Old 07-20-2020, 05:35 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2LZ View Post
Earth calling culcune, come in culcune. Didn't Manny buy PSM???? If that's the case, this doesn't shock me in the least.
I doubt Manny owns it, but cannot say for 100%, either. Pete from Kronik told me that the way PSM works is they are owned by Chinese and get bonus checks annually from a number of manufacturers. That is why they can discount so much--they are not relying on profit per unit, but rather a kickback bonus of sorts for selling x number of a brand's bikes. Also, they have the means to buy out stock for bikes. Pete said the last of the Lifan KPMinis were bought by PSM (maybe 20 units or so), as an example, when bikes seemingly overnight were no longer available a couple months ago. There were probably others, too.

Manny seems to get priority from local manufacturers/distributors to Dallas, such as RPS and Taotao, although Taotao's Chino warehouse used to operate kind of autonomously from their Dallas HQ. Alan from Excalibur could secure bikes and parts directly from Chino, and it made sense since all of Taotao's shipments from China all came in to the L.A. area ports, and ended up in Chino, and later trucked to Tao's other warehouses, including the warehouse at Dallas's HQ. Now, from what I understand, parts and bikes are centralized in Texas which would benefit Manny's multiple dealerships. I am doubting Manny gets the same kind of kickbacks like PSM gets (assuming the rumors I am spreading here are on par with what Pete told me, but I am quite sure he mentioned that PSM is Chinese owned, possibly Chinese nationals owned (makes more sense than Chinese-Americans) and they get annual or quarterly 'bonus' checks directly from several, if not all, of the bikes' for sale manufacturers in China which allows them to sell so low a cost.

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 08-01-2020, 01:54 AM   #8

My temp registration and plate is finaly arriving on Monday per the tracking number I was given. This ordeal was much longer than I expected but I'm happy this chapter is over and I will finally be able to enjoy my little bike beyond doing short stints around the neighborhood.
The communication from PSM through this I would say has been decent mostly. I feel like they really dragged ass on getting things done however. Maybe they have a billion other customers to tend to or something I don't know. I feel like it would be much faster for someone outside California that could just do a simple MCO request. In the future I think I would rather just pony up the extra cash and buy in person from a brick and mortar dealer and leave with registration and plate in hand.

Now it's in the CA DMVs court to send me my permanent plate. Sigh.....lol

Old 08-03-2020, 10:27 PM   #9

Got the tail tidy done today. Ended up being a custom fab job with the stock lights but I think it turned out great. Temp plate is delayed by usps for some reason.

She is ready to rock though.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20200803_184956.jpg (97.7 KB, 499 views)
File Type: jpg 20200803_185930.jpg (96.4 KB, 482 views)