Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Pure Dirt
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-03-2020, 05:49 PM   #1

Silencers for GIO X31, X35, X37

I decided it's time to get all the bikes off road leagl (in Canada) - I've got the Japanese bikes dealt with, but for the GIO 250's, I'm going to need to install spark arrestors. Rather than taking the exhausts apart (I've already had a bad experience doing this with the Japanese bikes), I thought I'd maybe just get silencers that already have spark arrestors.

What do I need to know for getting silencers for these bikes? ie pipe diameter, or anything else I should know. Or... on the other hand, is there a mainstream bike that has compatible silencers?

Old 11-07-2020, 11:53 PM   #2

Anyone?

Old 11-08-2020, 05:53 AM   #3

Your bike is not available in the US ,and there are not nearly as many of us Canadians on here ,so your asking only a small handful of members .
Anyways ,just measure the pipe diameter and find something that will fit is the best I can tell you ,I have worked on enough Gio bikes but I never played with the exhaust as Gio used to sell exhaust systems on their website cheap and the owners would install them instead of paying me .

Old 11-20-2020, 12:14 PM   #4

Thanks Bruce - I guess that's what I'll have to do... when weather is a little nicer.

Old 12-17-2020, 09:04 PM   #5

Where in Canada are you? I keep seeing a lot of those 250s for cheap here in Alberta

Old 12-20-2020, 01:19 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by James800HO View Post
Where in Canada are you? I keep seeing a lot of those 250s for cheap here in Alberta
I'm in the Lethbridge area. I have seen a handful for cheap, but they always end up further away than I want to travel for. There was an X31 in Calgary in fantastic looking shape for $600 - I was really tempted to travel up there and get it, and sell off my sister's X31, but I didn't pull the trigger.

I also see some being listed for obnoxious prices - like 10 or 15 years old, and not far off the price for a new one.