Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > New Member Introductions
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-25-2021, 10:38 PM   #1

Hey now :)

Great Forum! Glad to be here - I tried searching the forum ahead of time, but found no mention anywhere of the special significance of this forum's name to a fan of the Grateful Dead - Is it just a coincidence?

I'm a new/old China Rider from CT. For about 40 years I've been reviving others peoples discarded/unwanted minibikes, go Karts, tractors, etc. My teenage nephew bought a new tao 110 quad about 6 years ago, and beat it to near death for about 2 years. He gave it to my 10yr old son instead of junking it, and we've squeezed another 4 years out of it learning alot about these machines along the way. It's still going strong as long as you don't mind using the vice grips if you need reverse

He's outgrown it now, and doesn't like the vicegrips so much, so I finally took the plunge and for the first time IN MY LIFE I went half with him to buy a new Tao Bull 200. Got it last Friday, and we put it together and are breaking it in this week. Posted this in the ATV forum, but oddly, the brand new Bull 200 I got doesn't look like any other one I've seen pics of online, and appears to have some downgraded features like drum brakes on the front, and no digital speedo. I'm sure I'll have new questions about this bigger motor and CVT transmission and am looking forward to leaning on some of the experts here when the need arises DJ
Attached Images
File Type: jpg side.jpg (172.0 KB, 75 views)

Old 03-30-2021, 02:45 PM   #2

For all it's worth--welcome to here! Better late than never. I am guessing any downgrading is due to sourcing issues in China thanks to their virus. I have noticed a few people posting across all kinds of bikes here about noticeable differences. They manufacture their products in batches, and if access to certain parts or parts sources change, there will be slight variations.

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard