Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > ATVs
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-08-2021, 03:59 AM   #1

Bull 200: Which carb upgrade? Which shock upgrade?

I've ordered a new Bull 200 from Family Gokarts. I guess they only have the version with no digital dash that Tao Tao seems to be sending a lot of places now, but that wasn't really a deal breaker for me.

Anyway, I have read dozens and dozens of threads here on the Bull 200 and I can't seem to find any that point to a specific carb upgrade they use. When I was first looking at the Rhino 250, it seemed that's one of the first things to do in order to make it run well. Is this also true of the Bull 200? If so, do you have a link to one you've successfully used?

Also, I keep reading that the stock rear shock is terrible so I think I'll replace that right away as well. I've only seen someone else use a used ebay shock to do this. Anyone have a link to a shock replacement that worked for you and you liked?

Any help is appreciated!

Old 05-12-2021, 02:04 PM   #2

Has anyone done these upgrades? Taking delivery tomorrow, hopefully. I'll eventually figure this stuff out but guidance is always appreciated.

Old 05-14-2021, 10:43 AM   #3

bull upgrade

i got my bull in spring 2020 check the gas tank for rust clean if needed. change moter and gear oils with good oils and grease fittings before running get a rebuildable carb online change moter and gear oil in 20 hours religiously
ncy store has performance parts, for gy6 eng /www.vmcchineseparts.com has OEM parts they are better then the dealers at getting parts i removed the oem carb put rebuildable one on then replaced cvt drive with ncy performance parts
i have 90 hours on it one year of riding good atv my bull the trans is slow to go in reverse dont rev to get in gear. check nuts and bolts after riding they will come loose its not fast 30mph i got up to. but has good tork to ride in ditches my bull rides fine on stock shocks. my bull would die when riding i drain the carb bowl and get new fuel in bowl then it run check coil power wire that its on good the paint is not that good on frame and rack so buy some spray paint to stop rust and vht high temp pain for exhaust pipe the rubber parts will crack in one year mine did

Last edited by rmueller; 05-14-2021 at 11:22 AM. Reason: more info

Old 05-15-2021, 04:48 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmueller View Post
i got my bull in spring 2020 check the gas tank for rust clean if needed. change moter and gear oils with good oils and grease fittings before running get a rebuildable carb online change moter and gear oil in 20 hours religiously
ncy store has performance parts, for gy6 eng /www.vmcchineseparts.com has OEM parts they are better then the dealers at getting parts i removed the oem carb put rebuildable one on then replaced cvt drive with ncy performance parts
i have 90 hours on it one year of riding good atv my bull the trans is slow to go in reverse dont rev to get in gear. check nuts and bolts after riding they will come loose its not fast 30mph i got up to. but has good tork to ride in ditches my bull rides fine on stock shocks. my bull would die when riding i drain the carb bowl and get new fuel in bowl then it run check coil power wire that its on good the paint is not that good on frame and rack so buy some spray paint to stop rust and vht high temp pain for exhaust pipe the rubber parts will crack in one year mine did

Thanks for all the info. Do you happen to remember what carb you ended up getting? I just don't wanna buy one that doesnt work for this model. Figured someone out there upgraded the carb on their bull 200.

Old 05-16-2021, 09:53 AM   #5

I'm still running on all stock parts on my 2019 Bull.Mine didn't come with grease fittings like the new one's do so that's where I'm at right now.Changed oil to 15W40 Rotella for the first 2 changes for break-in purposes then went to 20W50 full synthetic.Changed transmission oil to Lucas 80W90 gear oil.Plan on going full synthetic in the transmission also when the quart of Lucas is used up.Going on 100 hours on mine also.
Also added a feral 3 way hitch adapter so I could have a ball and pin hitch all in one.https://feralperformance.com/product...uded/,it's points down but nothing I can do about that.It works good though.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Feral Hitch plate 2021-05-17 002.JPG (170.1 KB, 723 views)
File Type: jpg Feral Hitch plate 2021-05-17 001.JPG (167.6 KB, 664 views)

Last edited by dugndeep; 06-23-2021 at 09:38 AM.

Old 05-17-2021, 11:35 AM   #6

I reckon this is the new Bull 200 now:
I don't know why they would do away with the hitch mount.

Old 05-20-2021, 11:57 AM   #7

carb

i replaced the carb with 24mm stock carb that i can rebuild on ebay

Old 05-21-2021, 03:35 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmueller View Post
i replaced the carb with 24mm stock carb that i can rebuild on ebay
Thanks. I'm just gonna find a generic GY6 carb I guess. Just hoped to find one in particular people have used, but I don't guess it matters as long as it works and is adjustable.