Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-10-2022, 04:31 PM   #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerryHawk250 View Post
SSR has a few options on 25+ HP bikes. http://www.ssrmotorsports.com/store/...bike-index.php
If only they were dual sport and street licensable they would warrant a good look. That's why it seems like it is an EPA approval issue/cost issue. And we see the spectre of the "destination charge" arise in the total cost. Somebody has to break through I do believe but who and when?

Old 01-10-2022, 04:45 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by China Rider 27 View Post
If only they were dual sport and street licensable they would warrant a good look. That's why it seems like it is an EPA approval issue/cost issue. And we see the spectre of the "destination charge" arise in the total cost. Somebody has to break through I do believe but who and when?
I see that they are maybe 70% the price of comparable KTM, etc. Cycle World praises the performance, so that's great for a dedicated off road dirt bike. But as you say, not street legal, and these are not oriented towards dual sport. If they had a battery, lights and a horn, DOT tires the $4000 price would be just a little more than I would want to pay, but it looks like these are MUCH more capable than the Storm or TBR7.

And what's an ocean freight surcharge?