Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-23-2022, 03:25 PM   #1

Apollo db36 deluxe????

Hey guys, I'm new to the form. Last night I ordered an Apollo DB36 deluxe from birdie cycle and today he called me and told me they were out of stock. I really had my mindset on the Apollo deluxe. They seem to be out of stock everywhere and nobody knows when a shipment would come in. What would it take to buy the dirt model and convert it to a street legal? Do you guys think that's a good idea? And does anybody know where I'd be able to source the parts like the 17-in wheels mainly?

Old 03-25-2022, 11:50 PM   #2

You should ask the moderator to move this thread to the dual-sport/dirtbike section. I recall a guy converted one a few years back before the Deluxe DOT-legal bike came out. He had a few videos as well. But, that was a while ago. Once the street-legal version came out, there was no good reason to convert a dirtbike one to streetable with all the lights and whatnot. I noticed that no one is showing the Deluxe, but they will hopefully become available again. But, to answer your question more directly--where there is a will, there is a way. I bet members with much better knowledge of electrics could guide you. As far as the wheels, try Orion or anyone who carries Apollo bikes. For all its worth, Pete of Kronik Racing is in the L.A. metropolitan area and deals directly with them for his pitbikes; call him and see if he can track down some wheels. Otherwise, see if the Orion 'supermoto' style wheels appeal to you.
https://www.orionpowersports.com/
www.kronikracing.com

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 03-26-2022, 10:00 AM   #3

One issue with converting a bike from dirt to street legal is whether you can then license it in your state. I'd look into that before doing anything.
1969 Honda CT90--The Tomahto
Cheesy is the WDK (workplace drama king). Now retired. Nope, back in the saddle.
Climate: The Movie https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A24fWmNA6lM
How our government really works https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QjadCd0VRBw
Question all authority.....think for yourself

Old 03-26-2022, 11:50 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by TominMO View Post
One issue with converting a bike from dirt to street legal is whether you can then license it in your state. I'd look into that before doing anything.
VERY good point! I live in Arizona, so take things like that for granted, but Blest1985 is in NJ which is a VERY tough to impossible state to deal with when it comes to plating motorcycles. I wouldn't even bother trying this without having explicit clearance to do so.

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 03-27-2022, 02:18 PM   #5

Thank you guys, i already paid for the Apollo the guy is trying to get me to take a taotao tbr7 but it not really what I wanted