Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Street
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-14-2022, 09:37 AM   #16

Hello everyone. Long time reader first time replying. I have a 2021 hellcat that I am currently upgrading and had a couple questions I was hoping to get answered.

1. I am having problems with the gears making noise when I let off and then hit the throttle. Like it's engaging but it's engaged. What could it be? Doesn't happen all the time but it has got me worried.

2.it has recently started popping out of first gear. Has a little over 220 miles and didn't start until around 200 as did the noise with the gears.

3. I was hoping to upgrade clutch to stiffer springs and overall just improvement from stock. Don't want to buy the wrong part and don't want to take the case off before having the parts due to will be needing new gasket.

I love the atmosphere on this site and love my clone. I have upgraded to genuine mikuni vm22. Uni 2 stage filter. Upgraded cdi yesterday. Have all balls bearings on the way tomorrow. Upgraded low mount exhaust with istunt muffler. 30 tooth rear sprocket and 17 tooth front. 130 main and 20 pilot jetting with needle clip on lowest setting with spacer.

Most everything I have done has been research on this site thanks to all of everyone's knowledge and willingness to share. Really looking forward to hearing back from everyone.

Old 08-17-2022, 03:19 AM   #17

Do you happen to have a wiring diagram for the hellcat? I bought mine used of FB marketplace and they didn't have any of the original books that came with the bike.