Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > ATVs
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-20-2017, 12:20 AM   #16

On the semi autos the pedal shifter engages the clutch. A lite press on the pedal and the bike should be in clutch neutral and then a harder press switches the gears. Practice this to see if its working properly on your bikes. If they are shifting hard it does not appear the clutch is being engaged properly.

Another possibility make sure you are using the correct oil. You need oil specific for wet clutch applications almost any motorcycle type oil. Not regular car oil that has friction modifiers added to it.

/

/

Old 02-20-2017, 01:28 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adjuster View Post
On the semi autos the pedal shifter engages the clutch. A lite press on the pedal and the bike should be in clutch neutral and then a harder press switches the gears. Practice this to see if its working properly on your bikes. If they are shifting hard it does not appear the clutch is being engaged properly.

Another possibility make sure you are using the correct oil. You need oil specific for wet clutch applications almost any motorcycle type oil. Not regular car oil that has friction modifiers added to it.

/
Thanks ADJUSTER... I'm sure on the TaoTao (semi automatic), I tried pushing hard and soft and every way I could think of when it's stuck and it wouldn't move. On the coolster, its automatic so no gears to mess with but the hand shifter to switch between FORWARD, NEUTRAL and REVERSE works great. It's just when you're taking off, it's pretty rough and you hear things clanking like it's the gears automatically changing. On both atv's' I used Shell Rotella T4 15w-40 oil found in the motorcycle section.

Old 11-04-2020, 12:46 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ak View Post
Any of you guys know how to adjust the hand/parking/front brake lever? It's extra hard to press and won't go far. So you can't pull it back to push the button that engages the hold to keep it in park.
My issue is the break is not tight enough to park it. How do you adjust to tighten. Manual is terrible.

Old 11-04-2020, 12:58 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caper1011 View Post
My issue is the break is not tight enough to park it. How do you adjust to tighten. Manual is terrible.
You will have to adjust the slack out of the cable at the brake lever.
2020 Kawasaki Vulcan S
2004 Honda ST 1300
2016 Black Hawk 250 (sold)
Keihin PE30 carb,125 main,38 slow.Pod filter,ported & decked head 10:1 CR,Direct Ignition Coil,15/40Sprockets,NGK DPR8EIX-9,De-Cat,Dual Oil Cooler,Digital Cluster
2016 Cazador180 XL
2014 Coolster150
JerryHawk250.com
My YouTube Channel

Old 11-25-2022, 10:01 AM   #20

General info and question. Has anyone used the 3150DX-4 in the snow at all? I’m also thinking of putting tire snow chains on it. I thinking it could be a nice ice fishing tool. Just looking for some general info.