Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > Off-Topic/General Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-23-2023, 05:40 PM   #1

Height and weight on hawk 250?

Hello everyone,

So i saw on another thread on this site that someone being 5'2" was worried about the possibility of not being able to balance/flat foot the bike. Some people said they barely could touch the ground and they were 5'8". I am pretty small, and weight only 137lbs and im 5'6". My inseam is 29-30ish inches. Is this something to worry about? Im sure i wont even compress the suspension enough to touch the ground enough... I plan on having a passenger in the near future (once I get used to the bike of course, and once i purchase it ) but I just want to make sure once I make the purchase to not regret it... I was also looking at the magician bike, but I really want to get the hawk over that.

Any tips would be greatly appreciated

Old 01-23-2023, 06:20 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thecamdimarco View Post
Hello everyone,

So i saw on another thread on this site that someone being 5'2" was worried about the possibility of not being able to balance/flat foot the bike. Some people said they barely could touch the ground and they were 5'8". I am pretty small, and weight only 137lbs and im 5'6". My inseam is 29-30ish inches. Is this something to worry about? Im sure i wont even compress the suspension enough to touch the ground enough... I plan on having a passenger in the near future (once I get used to the bike of course, and once i purchase it ) but I just want to make sure once I make the purchase to not regret it... I was also looking at the magician bike, but I really want to get the hawk over that.

Any tips would be greatly appreciated

Get used to having to keep one leg off the bike at stops. It's harder with a passenger, but honestly, it's nothing to be afraid of. Being able to flat foot your bike with both feet isn't super important. I can barely flat foot my MT-10, and I'm 5'8' with a 32" inseam.

Old 01-23-2023, 07:17 PM   #3

You sound fairly young, so flexibility should be no problem. I originally bought a Magician because I'm old and not very flexible with a 29" in seam. Both my Magician and Storm are comfortable for me, and the only drawback for me on the Magician is a small gas tank. I've ridden both bikes a lot off road with no problem, but I'd have to lower a Hawk. I've ridden a buddy's KLX a bit, and another 3 to 4 inches of height makes me completely unstable.

2016 Magician 250

Old 01-23-2023, 09:31 PM   #4

What would be the size shock for lowering the hawk 250? Like I said I'm pretty light at 137 lbs (and I am 21 lol) and my girlfriend weighs about 125. So looking at about 260lbs of weight on the shock so i dont want anything that will damper too much. Any recommendations on the shock size, and maybe a link of a reputable brand on amazon would be awesome! Thankyou guys for all your help