Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Street
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-17-2008, 03:28 PM   #16

We just need someone who can give one a test ride and close inspection.

$3000 buys alot of good used bikes.

Allen

Old 10-17-2008, 03:30 PM   #17

Send a message via Yahoo to DDG1976
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragon
Quote:
Originally Posted by DDG1976
...I think 26hp is kinda sad for a 400 though, I would think around 35 should be the output of a good 400?
My Hi Bird has 20HP. Six extra HP is just not enough justification for me to trade up.
yea, I mean I looked at a Hi-bird, which is probably the same bike you have (the cross between cruiser and street bike that looks a little like a Buell). and it was a 250 with 20Hp. which to me makes a good combination. Lightwieght and a good hp rating means easily pull you around in traffic. I think those hi-bird bikes are awesome for the money, maybe even better than my AL Gy-5 for the money. I don't know if anybody remembers or had a honda nighthawk from the mid 80's, but those bikes were "awesome power for the money" bikes and I wish china could reproduce that.

Old 11-03-2008, 08:22 PM   #18

Ok guys, Bex is back on the Chinese import bike scene with the purchase of my second Zongshen Sierra 200 and I will be in the Miami area this weekend to pick it up.

The Ebay Hanissi bike looks like a BMW dual sport, the F650GS

and the styling is nice no doubt.

If I get a chance, I will definitely take a look at the Hanissi 400 and get the full scoop, pictures and everything.

Old 11-04-2008, 08:47 AM   #19

That would be cool. Congrats on the second china bike.

Allen

Old 11-05-2008, 02:58 PM   #20

Neat bike but again not a lot of power. My 81 cb400t was a little rocket with 45hp in a air cooled Engine.

I should have kept that bike...

Old 11-05-2008, 10:04 PM   #21

26HP is Ninja 250 range...and certainly not much for a 400cc engine.

And I couldn't handle the look of that "big bird" bike. There's no way I'd leave that top fender (or is it a fairing?) up front....ack! 8O

That's a beak!
2005 Kawasaki EX250 - A new project

Old 11-05-2008, 10:28 PM   #22

My 1972 cb 350 twin makes 36hp, and I'm comfy with that. I'd be happy with a little less, more happy with a little more. :wink: Still I think that's only about 24HP at the rear wheel. At the start of the season that was all the power I was ever going to need.

Old 11-05-2008, 10:33 PM   #23

Sometimes it is torque not rpm...
my 350 yam is torque ,even though it high revs like a mother it produces little power after 5 gear...it is rated at 20+ hp factory trim but short shifts all the way to 6...just no pull at that gear, it just carries speed , does not gain anything in "O.D." I am sure you could holeshot off the street light in 2 gear with this bike...just won't pull after 65 mph...get there fast enough though.
'08 Yongjiang 150cc atv (Jinlong)

Old 11-06-2008, 11:36 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by warrior91
Sometimes it is torque not rpm...
my 350 yam is torque ,even though it high revs like a mother it produces little power after 5 gear...it is rated at 20+ hp factory trim but short shifts all the way to 6...just no pull at that gear, it just carries speed , does not gain anything in "O.D." I am sure you could holeshot off the street light in 2 gear with this bike...just won't pull after 65 mph...get there fast enough though.
I've heard that about the Yam350, warrior. I don't know what is different about Hondas, I'm no pro, but the cb has pretty good torque for an old bike. Scared me a bit till I got used to it. And when my points aren't covered in oil, getting from 70 to 90mph doesn't take that long at all. Of course the twin only has 5 gears, and the bike is screaming at that speed :o .
Like dsrt4 said, it's like a little rocket. A bud in my vintage group has a Triumph 100, 500cc cub that I drool over. I would trade my bike for that one, but that's only because it's worth 4 times more. I knew very little about my bike when I bought it besides parts were still available, and I really liked the look. Once again I consider myself very, very lucky. The few chinabike brick and morter stores we had around here are gone. I don't know if it's for good, or it's a calm before the storm.

Old 11-07-2008, 01:22 AM   #25

I think you made the right choice, your bike is sweet I'd trade for my Lifan, but I know your bike is worth more :P

I'd even throw in my CL, but it's in a tad bit rougher shape then yours Not much left on the frame, just the wheels and handle bars, and it's about time to open the motor up that's on the bench.

Even when it's done though, I don't think it will be any where near as nice as yours, I like the CB better, the pipes, the paint job, the seat...

Old 11-07-2008, 11:16 AM   #26

My valves, pistons and rings arrived this morning along with a free swag pen

It's all what you want the bike for. If I rode dirt, I wouldn't want a SL350. That 400cc chinabike would be my only choice in my price range. Even winter bike prices are beyond me. At my weight and experience level I don't want a 650cc. I can't afford a newer bike. I'm lucky to have found a bike that I'm happy with and can up grade as the little bits of money dribble in. I've spent money on parts but it's still 1/4 of a new bike. Most of my bike's good looks came from a rattle can. :wink: Tips like that I didn't learn from a Harley bike site. Every trick I've used I learned here, or from Kato's cb350 racer bud, Jack. I wouldn't have got his help if it wasn't for kato and chinariders. My vintage club, and vintage honda sites have not helped at all. I like the inexpensive attitude here at chinariders, it fits who I am and what I want better than talking to people with unlimited funds and that can throw cash at a bike problem like some do, then laugh at you because you don't have the cash to do the same thing. FWIW... I like the 400cc endro. It's lightspeed past the chinabike I had.

Old 11-08-2008, 07:07 AM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronFist
I like the inexpensive attitude here at chinariders, it fits who I am and what I want better than talking to people with unlimited funds and that can throw cash at a bike problem like some do, then laugh at you because you don't have the cash to do the same thing. FWIW... I like the 400cc endro. It's lightspeed past the chinabike I had.

Tigertamer

CAUTION
Obey The Traffic Regulation.
Always Wear a Helmet.
Don't Ride After Drinking Wine.
Before Operation, Read The Owners Manual Carefully.

Old 01-22-2009, 11:21 PM   #28

Did anyone buy this 400cc bike?

Old 01-24-2009, 03:22 PM   #29

One does want to keep in mind that HP is not the only important thing.. especially in a single cyl engine. TORQUE is what you are after anyway. Remember than HP is a calculated number, it only has meaning when you take into consideration the peak torque, and the RPM range an engine has.
I drive a big rig... prime example. My 15 LITER Cummins engine only makes 425HP, but makes 1650 LbFt of torque @ 1200RPM.
Torque X RPM / 5252 = HP.

My 200cc Roketa only makes 16HP or so.. BUT it can pull that bike up a steep hill at pretty low revs... because the peak torque is at a much lower RPM than peak HP.

I look forward to seeing how this new 400cc bike does... I hope it is pretty good... this size bike would be perfect... Only trouble I see is that you can find a used Suzuki DR400 for about the same money... for me though the DR400 is too tall... as are MOST of the dual sports out there currently.

Ken

Old 01-24-2009, 04:31 PM   #30

I was just using HP as a base. Sprocket sizes can do a lot for torque too.