Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > New Member Introductions
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-09-2009, 04:46 PM   #1

Hello From East'ern WA

Just picked up my Zongshen Sierra 200c, seems like a nice bike for the price. Look forward to learning alot about this Chines bike, first one I have owned, did not have a lot of confidence in it before I bought, but once I saw it in person, changed my mind. First thing I would like to do is get some knoby tires for it, I saw someone posted the "Kingstone 130/90" fit it or something, but have had no luck finding any. Where might I find it ? Also, what engine mod's have you guys done for more HP ?

Old 04-09-2009, 05:13 PM   #2

Hi there!

I'm in the Tri-Cities, where are you?

For your tires check out the Dual Sport forum. I believe SpudRider has researched this topic. He has a Zong and is very knowledgable.

Old 04-09-2009, 05:22 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastDoc
Hi there!

I'm in the Tri-Cities, where are you?

For your tires check out the Dual Sport forum. I believe SpudRider has researched this topic. He has a Zong and is very knowledgable.
Yea thats where I saw the "Kingstone 130/90" posted, and have not been able to find sqwat on it. I am twards the Yakima/Selah area.

Old 04-09-2009, 06:14 PM   #4

Boy, do we have it good here or what! Someday maybe we can meet for a ride and share local 'trail knowledge'.

Bill

Old 04-09-2009, 07:11 PM   #5

Re: Hello From East'ern WA

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertRider
Just picked up my Zongshen Sierra 200c, seems like a nice bike for the price. Look forward to learning alot about this Chines bike, first one I have owned, did not have a lot of confidence in it before I bought, but once I saw it in person, changed my mind. First thing I would like to do is get some knoby tires for it, I saw someone posted the "Kingstone 130/90" fit it or something, but have had no luck finding any. Where might I find it ? Also, what engine mod's have you guys done for more HP ?
Welcome to the forums! It is good to have another Zonshen 200GY-2 owner come onboard!

The Kingstone DOT knobby tires are currently on backorder. I have been told that they are coming soon, but the slow boat from China must be going in reverse! :roll:

After the tires arrive you can get them from Zongshen America or any Zongshen dealer. I will post the information in the dual sport forum as soon as I learn the tires are actually here.

I haven't done any engine modifications for increased horsepower, but I would definitely recommend doing the left crankcase cover mod and the frame mod to gain better access to the air filter. If you are at lower elevation you might want to lower the C-clip one notch on the carburetor's jet needle.

Head on over to the dual sport forum and read the stickies at the top of the page. Also, do a search for "zongshen sierra," and you will find a lot of information!

Once again, welcome!

Spud

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2015 Zongshen ZS250GY-3 (RX3)
2006 Zongshen ZS200GY-2 (Sierra 200)
2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894

Old 04-09-2009, 08:10 PM   #6

when i get them ill post , and shout and do a backflip and,and, anyhow soon i should have them you guys will be first to know
fired roketa,lifan and jet moto and apollo quit me who's next

Old 04-10-2009, 11:27 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpudRider
Quote:
Welcome to the forums! It is good to have another Zonshen 200GY-2 owner come onboard!

The Kingstone DOT knobby tires are currently on backorder. I have been told that they are coming soon, but the slow boat from China must be going in reverse! :roll:

After the tires arrive you can get them from Zongshen America or any Zongshen dealer. I will post the information in the dual sport forum as soon as I learn the tires are actually here.

I haven't done any engine modifications for increased horsepower, but I would definitely recommend doing the left crankcase cover mod and the frame mod to gain better access to the air filter. If you are at lower elevation you might want to lower the C-clip one notch on the carburetor's jet needle.

Head on over to the dual sport forum and read the stickies at the top of the page. Also, do a search for "zongshen sierra," and you will find a lot of information!

Once again, welcome!

Spud
Yea I saw your crank case mod, that look's like it would be nice for maintenance. I am looking into changing the rear wheel and tire all together now, so there is lots more choices available. Will be doing a custom pint job on the Zong as well . :twisted:

Old 04-10-2009, 11:34 AM   #8

I think that if I had a Zong with the 15" rear wheel I'd see how much it would cost to have an 18" rim laced up to the stock hub. That would affect the geometry though, and might alter the handling (quicken it).

What size is the front rim?

Old 04-10-2009, 12:48 PM   #9

Quote:
...Yea I saw your crank case mod, that look's like it would be nice for maintenance. I am looking into changing the rear wheel and tire all together now, so there is lots more choices available. Will be doing a custom pint job on the Zong as well . :twisted:
You got an exceptional deal acquiring you new Zong 200GY-2 for $900. At that price, you can probably afford to make a few modifications to the bike.

I have to ask; where did you get the bike for that price? If you prefer, we can discuss the matter by personal message.

Yes, I think a rear wheel conversion would be a fun project; I am about to do one, myself. However, I am still going to stock up on the 130/90-15 DOT knobby tires when they finally arrive. :roll: I have about 9,000 miles on the front tire, which is a Kingstone size 100/90-18. It looks almost brand new! The Kingstone 130/90-15 knobby tire in the rear is also a good tire. However, I would have preferred to replace it after 7,000 miles; it is still on the bike after 9,000 miles. :roll: Like many others, I await the arrival of the proverbial "slow boat from China." :roll:

Nevertheless, I expected issues such as this when I made the careful decision to purchase a Chinese motorcycle. I paid $950 for my new, in-the-crate Zong 200GY-2. At that price I still consider it an exceptional value. Take good care of this bike, and it will serve you well. I have ridden mine for 9,500 miles, and I intend to keep it.

Please post photos when you begin/finish your custom paint job.

Spud

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894

Old 04-10-2009, 05:29 PM   #10

Quote:
You got an exceptional deal acquiring you new Zong 200GY-2 for $900. At that price, you can probably afford to make a few modifications to the bike.

I have to ask; where did you get the bike for that price? If you prefer, we can discuss the matter by personal message.

Yes, I think a rear wheel conversion would be a fun project; I am about to do one, myself. However, I am still going to stock up on the 130/90-15 DOT knobby tires when they finally arrive. :roll: I have about 9,000 miles on the front tire, which is Kingstone size 100/90-18. It looks almost brand new! The Kingstone 130/90-15 knobby tire in the rear is also a good tire. However, I would have preferred to replace it after 7,000 miles; it is still on the bike after 9,000 miles. :roll: Like many others, I await the arrival of the proverbial "slow boat from China." :roll:

Nevertheless, I expected issues such as this when I made the careful decision to purchase a Chinese motorcycle. I paid $950 for my new, in-the-crate Zong 200GY-2. At that price I still consider it an exceptional value. Take good care of this bike, and it will serve you well. I have ridden mine for 9,500 miles, and I intend to keep it.

Spud
I got it at a bike shop in southern Oregon, they said they ordered them in quantity so they get a discount. Your's was around the same price, so you got a good deal as well. I will definetly post some pics when I start the paint, hopefully soon, I want to have it all ready to go by May, weather has been nice 70+ here already.

Old 04-11-2009, 02:38 AM   #11

Welcome. If you're keen on spannering there's a workshop service manual available for download here (size 36Mb PDF file):

http://www.mychinamoto.com/forums/sh...=sierra+manual

It's for a European version, but it just differes in a couple of emissions specs and maybe some carburettor settings. The rest will apply.
Qingqi QM200GY-BA Super Motard
Yamaha Virago XV1100
Triumph Bonneville SE
Qingqi QM110GY
PGO Bug rider 250 Buggy

Old 04-13-2009, 01:46 AM   #12

There is Zong Dealer in Naches, WA. I am waiting for an order also.

http://www.blackdragoncycle.com/

Old 04-13-2009, 11:37 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by oreo
There is Zong Dealer in Naches, WA. I am waiting for an order also.

http://www.blackdragoncycle.com/
Yes, I have been to that place , and they wanted more $$$$

Old 04-21-2009, 12:15 PM   #14

Quote:

Spud
I have the bike almost all back together now, done and painted :twisted: just waiting for may new LED turnsignals and taillight, I went with the DCR Edge-2 same as you and DRC 601's for the signals, should be alot brighter witht the LED's and look beter without those bulky stock one's. I have decided not to try and mess with this factory exhaust and just buy a FMF universal one instead. While it was apart I put the C-Clip in the carb down one notch, which made it run ALOT better. I will post up pics as soon as it is all done and back together. I AM EAGER TO RIDE IT !!!!

Old 04-21-2009, 01:49 PM   #15

Quote:
Quote:

Spud
…I went with the DCR Edge-2 same as you and DRC 601's for the signals, should be alot brighter witht the LED's and look beter without those bulky stock one's…
I think you made a great choice getting the DRC Edge II taillight! It fits the Zong so well it seems as if it were designed to do so. Also, the Edge II unit lightens up the rear end of the motorcycle quite a bit; you will especially appreciate this while riding off-road.
Quote:
… I have decided not to try and mess with this factory exhaust and just buy a FMF universal one instead…
Which one did you decide upon? If you can, please take photos and report your experience regarding the exhaust upgrade. If it’s not too expensive, I would love to put a lighter muffler on my Zong. Also, are you considering replacing the exhaust header? If so, I would encourage you to consider the stainless steel headers used on the Yamaha XT225 motorcycles.
Quote:
…While it was apart I put the C-Clip in the carb down one notch, which made it run ALOT better…
Thank you for sharing that information. It seems that everyone at the lower elevations has reported good results after moving the C-clip down a notch. I ride at 4,400 feet above sea level, and higher; therefore, I haven’t lowered my C-clip. Nevertheless, when it is convenient I will experiment with the C-clip, and report the results.
Quote:
…I will post up pics as soon as it is all done and back together. I AM EAGER TO RIDE IT !!!!
Thank you! I look forward to seeing your photos.

Spud

2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220