Old 05-28-2009, 11:56 AM   #16

Habe You considered a bear trap 8O :twisted:

Old 06-08-2009, 12:46 AM   #17

Re: active cam

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankz
a fun way and free way to bust the owner is a program called active cam
http://www.pysoft.com/ActiveWebCamMainpage.htm
they have a free download demo anyhow it has a feature that allows you to set it to motion detection..... all you do is point your web cam at spot the dog poops and leave it on it will only record if some one walks by or moves

i use this program when i go on short vacations to check on my pups from a remote computer to make sure all is well
web cams are cheap so it also makes a cheap way to keep an eye on property when gone

anyhow if you show the owner a pic of his dog poopn you have some court threat material plus its just fun to play with they make cams in teddy bears and stuff for like 30 bucks you can leave in house when on vacation incase someone pokes in your house and if you get that late night butterfly in stomach worry ... if you can get to a puter you can log in and check to make sure nothings burned down and all is well

peace

noob hoping for his bike (lifan 200) to get here in early june
Thanks for the tip, Frankz! Please let us know when you get your bike. Also, please post some photos; we love photos!

Spud

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2015 Zongshen ZS250GY-3 (RX3)
2006 Zongshen ZS200GY-2 (Sierra 200)
2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894

Old 06-08-2009, 01:22 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ200cc
Habe You considered a bear trap 8O :twisted:
No.

I did some questioning around the neighborhood. Two of my neighbors had seen the problem dog roaming freely. I contacted the dog's owners, and I asked them to control their animal. I also contacted the person who serves as the leader of our local home owner's association. Since the owners continued to neglect controlling their pet, I then contacted the local animal control officer. Since they had been previously reported by others, the inconsiderate owners were fined by animal control. If they continue to be negligent, I will report them again, and they will receive additional fines for allowing their animal to roam at large.

I did install the ultrasonic animal pest controller; it was not successful. Although it was a fun, inexpensive experiment, I do not recommend this unit. However, I think a close friend of mine has an interesting idea; he recommends a small bag of potato chips!

First, select a bag of potato chips that is just large enough to to fit around the dog's head. Eat the chips, but leave a few crumbs in the bag. Then place the bag in the problem area of your yard, and weigh it down with a small rock. When the canine visits your yard, he will shove his head into the bad to lick up the crumbs and the grease. If you're lucky, his head will get stuck in the bag, and the dumb dog will suffocate. :evil: My friend claims that this method has worked for him! He also claims this method is more humane, and legal, than the "antifreeze solution." :twisted:

However, I think my method worked best. If you can't catch the animal yourself, ask the neighbors if they have seen anything. Then contact the owners and give them a chance to do the right thing. If they don't respond, contact animal control. Then count your blessings that you have nothing more serious to worry about, and go ride your motorcycle!

Spud

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894

Old 06-08-2009, 03:00 AM   #19

Sorry to hear the units didn't work out! What a shame!

Have to be a pretty stupid dog to get his head stuck in a potato chip bag, and die trying to get out. I don't really see anything 'humane' about suffocating an animal to death though. Would you go out and strangle it with your bare hands?

It's really too bad people let the dog roam free. It's just doing what all living creatures do! Beyond breathing, eating, and sleeping, we all like to take a dump in a nice friendly spot we're happy with! The dog doesn't know it's not 'his' yard because his owners are clowns. They are the ones that need the bag over their heads.

Now that you know who owns the dog you should collect it and plop it on their yards or by their front door, might get their attention...or start a bigger war.

Old 06-08-2009, 05:13 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboT
...Have to be a pretty stupid dog to get his head stuck in a potato chip bag, and die trying to get out...
True enough!
Quote:
...I don't really see anything 'humane' about suffocating an animal to death though. Would you go out and strangle it with your bare hands?...
You're right; it's not humane. As you will note, I did not employ the "potato chip bag" method. I certainly felt like strangling the dog, but I didn't do that, either. He is a nasty little mutt that barks at everyone. He also leaves his yard to nip at other dogs as their owners are walking them on a leash, in the street, past his home. :evil:
Quote:
...It's really too bad people let the dog roam free. It's just doing what all living creatures do! Beyond breathing, eating, and sleeping, we all like to take a dump in a nice friendly spot we're happy with! The dog doesn't know it's not 'his' yard because his owners are clowns. They are the ones that need the bag over their heads...
Once again, true enough! Are you saying you would strangle the owners?
Quote:
...Now that you know who owns the dog you should collect it and plop it on their yards or by their front door, might get their attention...or start a bigger war.
Now that's cruel, Turbo! Perhaps the owners thought their dog was taking a dump on a vacant lot. After all, they did not train their dog to intentionally defecate by my front door. But, since you mentioned it, I did collect several days worth of feces in styrofoam coffee cups. I left the feces in the cups on the owner's front porch. Since they let their dog roam freely to defecate in my yard, I assumed they wanted me to collect the feces for them. However, if you feel I have erred, please feel free to come down to Idaho and teach those irresponsible people a good lesson for me.

Spud

2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Old 06-08-2009, 07:07 PM   #21

Hahahaa...

You know.. stupid people who bring upon cruelty to animals by neglect infuriate me more than the dog who doesn't know better.

Stupidly, I'd feel better strangling the owners who neglect their animals more than strangling some poor mutt who gets no attention and goes about getting it the wrong way. I realize an animal lover who respects all living creatures and their right to live in this world like myself, is rather contradictory when speaking of 'strangling the owners' because I guess they have the right to live as well!

Mate I didn't mean to imply you murdered the dog in my message, you seem to be going about things the right way!

As an animal lover, dog owner myself this type of thing bugs me. My hounds are by no means perfect, and I'm sure their fervent barking at the front window at people who walk by annoys some people...but I do my best to walk them, feed them, discipline them and give them the attention they desire and need. If you can't do this for an animal you have no business keeping one in my opinion...and as much as the noisy barks are in the house, I'm a firm believer they have kept the undesirable element out of my house as no drug addict shitrat who's looking for a quick score is going to risk their hide being ripped off trying to get into my house, they'll just go to the neighbours. (happened twice since I've had them) .

I hope your neighbors 'see the light' soon so your annoyance at the dog poop on your property doesn't make you take your frustrations out on the dog who doesn't know better!

Old 06-08-2009, 07:47 PM   #22

As an alternative to the chip bag, I know of a method that is more likely to work. It works very well on mice and rats, that is....a dog may, or may not, be as interested in the treat.

And before I post this, I will stipulate that I do NOT condone setting traps that kill animals. Pesky rodents are one thing, pets are another.

The method? Instant potatos and water. Just leave a bowl of instant mix and a nice bowl of water next to it. The critter (usually a mouse or a rat, but a hungry dog might) will eat the dry stuff and then drink the water. The water makes the mix expand and then...POP. 8O

One drawback to this method w/ rats or mice is that they will usually crawl to a hidden spot to die, and then you have to seach for the smell. :roll:

On topic, I'd say you did the right thing. Contacting the owners to give them a chance to do the right thing, and then following it up if they don't. I hate calling 'the authorities' on my neighbors, but I've had to do it in the past for various reasons. For some people, it's the only way to effect change.

Good luck! 8)
2005 Kawasaki EX250 - A new project

Old 06-08-2009, 08:24 PM   #23

In the good ol days You vould just toss the turd at the dog owners car and front door until they got the hint, If that didn't work You could just punch em in the face every time the dog did it......I sure miss the good ol day

Old 06-08-2009, 09:50 PM   #24

might be the wrong thing to add and some will find it cruel but i would suggest a low power bb gun just enough to sting i have reason to think it is fairly effective and results are positive without any lasting side effects the pump up models on 1 pump just to make sure try it on a target you can even try it on yourself through jeans and make sure your not seen
fired roketa,lifan and jet moto and apollo quit me who's next

Old 06-14-2009, 05:38 PM   #25

nice to see such energy put into replying a non-motorcycle topic

and glad you resolved it tastefully - - Little yap dogs usually get the "drop kick" method from me... three barks at me and they get picked up, dropped, and punted... that'll teach em

Old 06-16-2009, 12:39 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by phil
might be the wrong thing to add and some will find it cruel but i would suggest a low power bb gun just enough to sting i have reason to think it is fairly effective and results are positive without any lasting side effects the pump up models on 1 pump just to make sure try it on a target you can even try it on yourself through jeans and make sure your not seen
I've used this method and it works--one time takes care of the smarter dogs, twice for the dumb ones. Since dogs learn by association (remember Pavlov?), this works very well, and will not hurt the dog, so long as the bb is delivered to the rump area and not an eye. And yes, I love dogs and have had them all my life. If my dog were taking dumps on the neighbor's yard, they would be welcome to use this method to educate him.

Old 06-19-2009, 12:21 AM   #27

490fps Crossman Pelet pistol ...20 shot bb semi auto... might take 1 or 2 applications , but gauranteed results.
'08 Yongjiang 150cc atv (Jinlong)

Old 06-19-2009, 12:23 AM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by warrior91
490fps Crossman Pelet pistol ...20 shot bb semi auto... might take 1 or 2 applications , but gauranteed results.
Big Bro says to dissregard above post for inhumane animal cruelty...
'08 Yongjiang 150cc atv (Jinlong)

Old 06-22-2009, 08:34 AM   #29

You know.............

A "little" dog crap in the yard can be beneficial. It sure makes those inclined to relieve you of your belongings take note, and maybe find easier pickings, it won't keep out a pro, but it will slow down/stop those who are interested in an easy buck.

Old 06-25-2009, 11:58 AM   #30

night sights and a shotgun lol
no gotta be pratical lol
high pitched whaling box fit it to the side of ur house only dogs and cats can hear it and the dont like it
cant remember the actual name for the box lol sorry :roll: