Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > ATVs
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-23-2009, 07:24 PM   #16

Not too worse! How are things with you, Mr. Grind?

I did end up selling the Beast, and getting a Monster, and after a summer's hard riding, I'm convinced the monster is the superior machine... Maybe a little slower at the top end but that's about it.

Hotbox-- A heat riser, myself, I just made a sheet-metal scoop behind the head, I could hook an air intake onto-- Just to get some warm air into the carby. Even after the engine had run for an hour, pushing snow in winter, I find the carb is so far away, that it is icy, ice cold.

I would say some sort of Hotbox, or heat riser, or carby-warmer is a must to push snow-- Especially when you have to push snow when it's bitter out-- The last thing I wanted to be doing was fiddling with iced carbs outside when there's another 200 feet of snow to push...

Also, if someone is smoking "herbal cigarettes" in a closed area, and you get a buzz from the second hand smoke, that would be "Hot-Boxing." Totally different....

--Vince

Old 08-23-2009, 08:16 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weldangrind

What's a hot box?
Now that's a loaded question, i'd say blonde and 120lbs.

Old 08-24-2009, 01:07 AM   #18

Yeah. Um, I did mean as it relates to carburetors.

It makes good sense to fab a heat riser; it's free warmth for the carb, and the fuel does a good job of keeping things cool.

Me? I'm fine. Still tinkering with these quads as I have time. I just bought a speedometer tonight that I'm gonna install on the Beast to baseline for future upgrades. I have a new carb and a new performance muffler to install, but I want to be able to quantify the difference. BTW, I'm with you on the Monster; I wish I had more of 'em. When was the last time you saw one for sale?

Yeah, I know. Detail oriented. My wife calls me something else.

Sorry for the threadjack T.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 08-24-2009, 01:13 AM   #19

No worries jack the thread all you like!

I found out earlier this week I've lost my riding place in Pemberton for a while, and with it the need for a snow plow! Very dissapointing but perhaps this thread can help out others wondering the same thing about snow plows and chinese quads.

Old 08-24-2009, 01:17 AM   #20

On behalf of everybody here, I'd like to say huh? I don't get it.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 08-24-2009, 01:22 AM   #21

Quote:
On behalf of everybody here, I'd like to say huh? I don't get it.
The house I would travel to, to stay and ride was not 'mine.'

It was mine to use when I wanted, as it was empty and I was kind of looking after the property for them...however that just recently changed (like 1.5 days ago) as they decided to rent it out full time for money.

So, I can no longer go there to stay and ride.

..the picture I posted was of that house in the winter, which I planned on staying at quite a bit up until the most recent news, which was the need for the plow.

Does that clarify?? Not wanting to confuse anyone.

Old 08-24-2009, 01:25 AM   #22

Ok. Wasn't sure if that earlier post pointed to financial difficulty or not. Glad that's not the case.

There's always Nickelmine! If I ever get my act together...

Old 08-24-2009, 02:27 AM   #23

Quote:
Ok. Wasn't sure if that earlier post pointed to financial difficulty or not. Glad that's not the case.

There's always Nickelmine! If I ever get my act together...
Nah no worries chap I still have a job and a roof over my head.. so far.

It's dissapointing my entire family loved going up there the house was very warm and cozy and nice property.. the people that own it were very generous to let us use it, and I tried to return the favour by keeping it upkept as it sat in the middle of the mountains empty a lot.

Perhaps one day it will come back for my use but for the time being no trips to Pemberton for a while.. hence the reason I spent 8 hours in the car today grabbing the YZ.

I'm so in for Nickelmine anytime.. even during the week, I'll take a day off.