Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-23-2007, 06:45 AM   #16

Hi Jason & Shea

First thing is as far as Miles/Kms you guys have racked them up, there is a guy though on the Yahoo LF200GY Group that has put over 15,000 or more kms on a GY150 from another country. He came on that group before this forum started and he rides it back & forth to work every day.

Jason, Question your elders...this is how you younger guys learn! As put to me...Quote:{The Stupidest Question...Is The One Not Asked!}. I don't have a problem with questions as long as it isn't something that isn't in a book or obvious/common sense.
Yes it can be a matter of opinion to a point. You have Grey Market Lifans, American Lifan, Roketa, Yank...oops Tank, Viva, SuuuunL, Yinxiang, Hyosung, United Motors, Pioneer, Zongshen, HiBird just to name a few. I deal with A. Lifan & United Motors and yes UM to a point is made better than A. Lifan and yes you pay a lot more for the Um & it's 3 Yr. Limited Warranty compared to A. Lifans 6month/3000mile warranty. In today's market it's the same way it was back in the 1970's...you get what you pay for! Some of these bikes have much better welds than others, some have better/worse body work, brakes, engines, etc. etc. As we all know one of the biggest things is dealer support. between Manufacturer/Dealer and Dealer/End User. The Chinese just have not totally gotten it about the fact that Us Westerners Need Parts & Support for the products they want to sell us. Oh...by the way watch that swear word you said...{Honda}

joeyo25, I'm glad you found a dealer close by...they may have some room to deal but remember they pay more for shipping than I do because they are further away from Texas than I am, Ohio. Also remember they have overhead to pay also. They Buy these bikes...Yes we B&M Dealers have to pay for these...Up-front as where a Drop-shipper usually never sees the product he/she sells, they are shipped out directly from the Importers/Distributors warehouse and they never usually get touched or seen by the seller.

Pauli, I understand your point also, money can be an issue, but Us Westerners have to have our toys! Zoom Zoom! Heck all you would have to have done was flash those eyelashes and at least 10 of these guys may have made donations to help you buy a bike!! 8O {no Pun intended}
I hope all that have purchased the Viva's have better luck with the bikes than some dealers I know that have purchased their quads...{parts issues, things that break on the quads and no parts available}. I hope this doesn't happen to any of you that have Viva's. Viva does have some good products and I hope for every one's sake that bought the bikes you do too! Just remember if you do have parts issues we can help by matching parts.

Bruce
Hours: Tue.-Fri. 10:00-6:00 Sat. 10:00-4:00 EST.
Dealer for: Lifan, Crossrunner ATVs.
http://www.endlessjourneycycles.net

Old 03-23-2007, 10:34 AM   #17

Bruce, what's the lowdown on the new UM's? I really want one, and am willing to try to work through crappy credit by putting half down on one at my local (yes, I do have one now!) UM dealer (I am very weary about them, however--the dealer that is; we'll see). If my credit is not approved, then I can buy a Hi-Bird quad and an engine for my Jetmoto. The UM seems to be much better made than the common GY, which could be attributed to them possibly being made in Taiwan.

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 03-23-2007, 10:58 AM   #18

Send a message via Yahoo to TheOtherRide
Thanks, Bruce...that's exactly was I was hoping to hear. If I can't get support from Viva directly, I'm guessing that these bikes are interchangeable enough that I can find parts directly, or that we can fab something. Time will tell! <batting eyelashes> :wink: