Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > ATVs
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-26-2010, 05:06 PM   #16

It is not unheard of for a box (or 2) to get missed being scanned by UPS.
It might take a couple of days for them to turn back up in the system. Gio might be waiting to contact you till they know whats going on. Does not make it easier for you but I can see a company that is overworked doing that.

Its not your problem however. If the shipper claims they shipped it, and the shipping company claims they did not get it, then thats between them and not you.

If you dont hear anything by Monday, it might be a good Idea to dispute the charges on the credit card.

Old 03-26-2010, 05:09 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cal25
It is not unheard of for a box (or 2) to get missed being scanned by UPS.
It might take a couple of days for them to turn back up in the system. Gio might be waiting to contact you till they know whats going on. Does not make it easier for you but I can see a company that is overworked doing that.

Its not your problem however. If the shipper claims they shipped it, and the shipping company claims they did not get it, then thats between them and not you.

If you dont hear anything by Monday, it might be a good Idea to dispute the charges on the credit card.
These are all very good points. Just remember you have proof from UPS saying they only delivered one box, and Gio knows darn well they ship two boxes for every quad they sell... it will get worked out.

Old 03-27-2010, 01:01 AM   #18

Thanks for all the comments.

The status of the other two packages is "billing info is received". This is when I click on the tracking number and I get directed to UPS site.

On my GIO account it states at the top, my order # and right above that it displays "order shipped and closed".

It's unlikely I'll get a call or e-mail on the weekend, so I guess I'll have to wait until next week.

I'm trying to keep my cool until someone, anyone contacts me from GEO.

Everyone have a good weekend, I'm heading out tomorrow to beat on my 04 Raptor.

Old 03-27-2010, 09:37 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by rap-fan

The status of the other two packages is "billing info is received". This is when I click on the tracking number and I get directed to UPS site.

On my GIO account it states at the top, my order # and right above that it displays "order shipped and closed".
This means that yes your order is "shipped and closed" but with the 2 packages stating "Billing information recieved" that means those 2 boxes have not left GIO yet.

I have a GIO order with 1 of the 5 tracking #'s still sitting as "billing info rec'd", i know this is for a helmet that i'm sure the size i ordered wasn't actually in stock when i placed my order, so i'll patiently wait it out, but in your case with a quad i would hope all boxes would be in stock when filling a quad order, maybe UPS didn't pick it up for some reason or GIO didn't quite have it ready for them to pick up, don't worry john will get back to you, he's always treated me fairly on my issues.

Old 03-31-2010, 01:59 AM   #20

short shipped items

I had some items from GIO .. NOT shipped at all.. had contacted SVENN & JOHN,, they were sitting on the dock( so they said) and they they said sorry .. and then shipped them out.. told them how come if Ia screw up I am in the doghouse.. and what about them.. they gave me $10.00 for my trouble.. this has happened more than once.. the UPS guy will show that they only picked up 1 item .. when they came to pick up stuff for yo.. GIO can check the out going shipment paper work.. but it does not solve the problem.. I sell the ZSTAR STUFF so I know what kind of a headache it is when the shipping company screws up.. man do I get phone calls from the customer.. keep on their cases..

Old 03-31-2010, 09:00 AM   #21

Any updates?

Old 03-31-2010, 11:27 PM   #22

Sorry, been out of town for a few days, the update is that they're looking into it.

I'll post with the results.

At this moment I'm giving them the benefit of the doubt, but I have to admit my patience is wearing thin.

Old 04-09-2010, 12:40 AM   #23

update from GIO poor service

Well it's been 8 days since John sent me an e-mail saying he's looking into it, but I haven't heard a thing and sent a couple e-mails with no reply.

I can't believe GIO has such poor customer service.

I guess they're just ignoring me hoping I'll go away.

I don't know how they can think this, it's not like I have a quad that needs a carb fixed or something.

I have half a quad!!!!!! :evil:

Old 04-09-2010, 08:57 AM   #24

Hopefully you paid with a credit card and can dispute the charges. It sounds like time to do so.
Good luck and please keep us posted.

Old 04-10-2010, 08:00 PM   #25

update from GIO poor service

Well, I hated to do it, but I filed a claim with paypal.

Never had to do that before, I have over 50 transactions through PAYPAL on e-bay.

I find it very frustrating when this company is a stones throw away from me and I have to fight to get what I paid for.

Reminds me of the movie I watched last month about ENRON.
Keep taking money without giving products or refunds.

Cheers.

Old 04-13-2010, 06:06 PM   #26

Re: update from GIO poor service

Quote:
Originally Posted by rap-fan
Well, I hated to do it, but I filed a claim with paypal.

Never had to do that before, I have over 50 transactions through PAYPAL on e-bay.

I find it very frustrating when this company is a stones throw away from me and I have to fight to get what I paid for.

Reminds me of the movie I watched last month about ENRON.
Keep taking money without giving products or refunds.

Cheers.
I'm sorry to hear it's come to this. Many Gio customers here and I've never heard of 'no communication' from them. Sometimes the communication isn't always what the end users wants to hear, but at least there's something.

Hope it gets resolved soon..