Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-03-2010, 08:01 AM   #46

I will address gearing later also, I won’t until the warranty is up thats not until next year. If something goes wrong on the bike….I do not want to hear anyone claim that it was my fault I altered the configuration.

I am confused the 125cc bikes are getting 70mph with the 16-50 gearing or is that 70kph?

I have not winded mine out yet…it’s a 200cc and should obviously have a higher top end, but I really do not know what the top end is. It is not worn in until it has 3000km and it is only half way there...I've been to 50mph fairly easy.
My guess would be 65mph or there about. But I am supect that the speedo is generous up to as much as 5mph?

Anyways….when the time comes mechanicals will get addressed that being gears, bearing and the chain all with the tires and maybe even the rims, I really do want more rubber and particularly if I am seeking a higher top speed.

Here is the headlight and gauges I like, I also would like that fender and in flat black.
Heck I even like the alloy rims and in flat black. I wonder if the fuel gauge can be configure on my tank?

Theoretically I could have a wish list of parts for the bike that would all come from china then have them all shipped to me in the states. I got a brother that goes to china often and he has a business associate there….so it’s all possible/feasible. Tedious and time consuming but not impossible.

The results would be a bike that is more street…actually it would be a street bike. I like the picture of the yellow bike except mine would have all the yellow as gloss white and the rest flat/matted satin black . I am not concerned about the clearance of the fender it moves with the tire not stationary on the forks. The clearance is for catching mud and maintaining clearance in that aspect.

So I am thinking a new front assembly for the most part and also a new set of tires and all that comes with it. So when all the things begin to wear then they all would get replaced and the entire bike changes. The biggest cost would be shipping. The parts in china are ridiculously cheap. Check out that site and convert the prices its pennies on the dollar. That front end would sit on my bike and then changing the rear tire should balance the bike on it. The side fairing would be that of the pioneer and all flat black and the seat solid black as well. The only parts that would be white are the tank and rear section and I would likely add a carrier in black over it.

I wonder what happened to your molded black handle bar protector, they are molded foam rubber and really look good.

Here is the link to the video that show a Qingqi getting the fairing removed. Konker is Canadian for Qingqi.

Old 07-03-2010, 09:14 AM   #47

The manufacture claims Max Speed(km/h): 100 that’s 62mph on the 200cc configuration.
They also claim Max Speed(km/h): 90 and that’s 56 mph on the 125cc configuration.

I can understand why the 125cc is the engine of choice in most markets, its actually proportionately better. I’ve been told that the 200 is a bored out 125? If that’s the case then the 125 would be more durable and less prone to over heating. Boring out decreases the cylinder walls thickness and that related to dispersion of heat.

The 125 produces 8.5 kw
The 200 produces 11.5kw

An increase of 37% in displacement resulted in 26% more power, however it loss 11% in power per milliliter. Power produced divided across each milliliter….
0.068 (8.5/125cc) to 0.057(11.5/200) the 125 produces more power per milliliter.

Its interesting as the displacement increased so did the power output, however it has an interesting correlation as to a diminishing return. As it grew 11% it loss 11% in the output per milliliter.

Is that just a coincidence? Or is that typical?

I expect the engine to produce more power as its bored out but wonder is it typical to loose power proportionality per units displaced? It grew in 11% in units displaced but loss power production per unit as it did and oddly at the same rate it grew overall?

Is bigger better….actually yes and no…depend on how you look at it. Is the 125cc more efficient and maybe more durable? Yes maybe….but it won’t move your arse as fast in the end. Am I acting the magot?

LOL time to ride….

Old 07-03-2010, 09:38 AM   #48

yes pal, his suzuki dr125sm

http://www.suzuki-gb.co.uk/bike/dr125smk8/gallery/

is geting 70mph max, and i personally feel that with the correct gearing, "advanced cdi" and correctly jetted carb i think i could get close to that if not achieve it, my bike sits at 55mph happily and is quoted a max speed of 101kph which is 62mph and thats undergeared (15-51), if you look at teh dr on the pics on the link youll see that compared to the sinnis apache-qingqi there is little difference, engine cyclender looks the same, both rocker arms are connected on the right side of the head, the oh-cam is mounted the same, the tool box is the same, down pipes similar, frame strucktures similar, the forks on the Qingqi are 100x nicer to the suzuki ones and just looking at the suzuki sprocket it look like it mounts the same as the qingqi 6hole ones so ill get measurements off the suzuki and see if they are a direct swap when i get a chance, i remember my gy125 topped out at 60mph and that was with a brand new speedo and cable so i think the 200 should reach 70mph, saying that you can get 600cc bikes that reach no more than 130-140 mph and you can get 125cc aprilias topping at 120 even with the 480cc difference, i love the look of those headlights and the clocks are just as nice, on the Qingqi site it says my bike should have a digital fuel sensor but it doesnt? :( when ive got the time ill be buying some flat black paint as the stuff ive just baught says flat black but its very shiny :?

i dont have a clue what happened to my bar pad, probibly ripped off like the rest of the stuff on my bike, all the faring is a mess and coverd with body filler so i need to sort that out and most of the tabs to connect the fairing to the bike are snapped so ive had to use cable ties or use large diamerter rubber washers and a bolt,

cheers for the link pal, ill check it out now

Old 07-06-2010, 09:37 PM   #49

I like that DR125 its got nice lines

What year did it change from this?

2008? It has a fuel injection and six speed….it also has some other modern technology in it, cooller and cleaner and with more power.

Old 07-06-2010, 09:42 PM   #50

I can’t express how bad I want that DR125’s muffler for my bike.

Old 07-06-2010, 10:00 PM   #51

Bennell there’s a guy that hosts this site that has bought stuff from the tabao site
http://suzukivanvan.forumandco.com/l...orum?connexion

They have bar pads and seats for sale and for ridiculously cheap.

He has a post were he walks though it…the price they have for a bar pad is $2.50 I think they want like $25.00 for an new seat.

I personally have a brand new bike so I really have no need…but you could get some parts and for really cheap.

Old 07-07-2010, 06:05 AM   #52

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oengus
Bennell there’s a guy that hosts this site that has bought stuff from the tabao site
http://suzukivanvan.forumandco.com/l...orum?connexion

They have bar pads and seats for sale and for ridiculously cheap.

He has a post were he walks though it…the price they have for a bar pad is $2.50 I think they want like $25.00 for an new seat.

I personally have a brand new bike so I really have no need…but you could get some parts and for really cheap.
thanks for the link again, but as soon as i click it, it just directs me to the home page even thou ive signed up :(, the suzuki dr125 sm changed from the endruo version in 2008 but they stopped making them in 2002 with the k2 model, the sm has a DCP-FI (Discharge Pump Fuel Injection) which helps with better fuel comsumption it also has a crank sensor and a Idle Speed Control which controls the idle to keep it consistant at all times and helps deliver power more smootly but unlike the 1985-2002 dr the sm has a 5speed 11hp engine but itll be alot more independant and wont need maintaining as much

ive got a feeling that the exahaut will fit, looking at it the down pips not much different but for the muffler i think measurements will need to be taken as it a big unit but i think itll fit, ill try and get some close up pictures of it and ill try to persuade my mate to get his exhaust off and have a trial fit onto my bike hopefully he'll say yes

Old 07-07-2010, 09:52 PM   #53

http://shop36139024.taobao.com/?catI...ame=y&search=y

Copy the link above

Paste it at this site and it should translate the page…..
http://translate.google.com/

I would say that it would take some patients to buy things off tha site but the prices would make it worth it.

Not sure whats up with the VANVAN site I never registered? I came across it by accident, the admin posted the info on mychinamoto.

The new DR had modification internally to the engine above the previous engine.
http://www.motorcyclespecs.co.za/mod...125sm%2008.htm

“But there's much more to these very special new motorcycles than just good looks. From the RK Excel aluminium rims to the fuel injected 124cc engine at its heart, this is a bike that's bristling with technology to make your ride smoother, safer, and cleaner.
The compact, lightweight engine features an aluminium alloy cylinder, cylinder head, and cover combined with highly efficient flat-type piston and pentroof combustion chamber, to produce an impressively smooth power output across the range.

Other innovations include SJCS (Suzuki Jet Cooling System) which jets oil at high speeds to the piston and cylinder wall for increased durability and lower oil consumption, a 16bit ROM microcomputer to precisely control the air/fuel ratio for maximum performance and minimum emissions, and ISC (Idling Speed Control). A lot of technical stuff, which few of the DR 125SM's mainly young riders will care about, but which combine where it counts to give them the kind of performance they've been dreaming about since their provisional licence arrived.”

Ever seen the motorcycles specs site….it’s an awesome source for information.

Wonder what the retail price is for that Mufler in the UK? I would be really dificult to get one over here.

Old 07-08-2010, 06:18 AM   #54

ill have ago with that tabao site soon but like you said it is really cheap and worth the patience

ive found the one and only muffler ive yet to come across, its not a bad price

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/SUZUKI-DR-125-...item5192b4ec51

Old 07-10-2010, 07:51 AM   #55

I thought it was solid all around not just a shield of brushed aluminum? In that image I can now see it does not look to even have a cone, it looks like just to be a fancy shield on a stock muffler.

Are you going to attempt to buy off Tabao? If you do post a detailed thread on it, how you do it and the results. It looks like a Chinese E Bay.

Price...payement methods, shipping rates and the time it takes to get it.