Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > ATVs
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-16-2010, 12:40 AM   #1

throttle cable

please tell me some one knows a better site to order a throttle cable other then gio ?

i lubed mine up and still easing off the gas the lever does not return all the way.. then when i start going there is a point of hesitation, i guess best way to say it is a point in which it takes a good bit of force and then the lever moves..

so i just want a new cable.. but gi sells theirs for 20 bucks, and then its 20 bucks to ship it.. so 40 bucks for a new cable thats a tad high for me... im going to check ebay but would preffer it buy a decent cable and not something thats crap

Old 08-16-2010, 12:48 AM   #2

found some on ebay, does any one know the size ?

my choices are

36in---um no way to short
48in---maybe
70in--- seriously cant be that long..

Old 08-16-2010, 02:08 AM   #3

How did you lube the cable? Maybe it could be more effectively lubed with a cable luber.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 08-16-2010, 02:13 AM   #4

stuck the little red tube that came with the bottle up to where the cable goes into the black tube and sprayed for a good 15 seconds..

it was working fine the other day untill i went to take the slide out off the end of the throttle cable, i clamped cable to hold the spring back like your supposed to.. and then when it all go put back together it was messed up..

please tell me how to do lube it properly ?

Old 08-16-2010, 03:43 AM   #5

tell you guys what, after i get this throttle issue fixed. i am buying a cover or even just a tarp to protect my quad.. when i first got it the throttle was frozen, wd40 up the cable from the carb cap fixed that.. ive had a few issues due to weathering on the quad.. getting tired of it..

Old 08-16-2010, 03:23 PM   #6

fixed, it was seriously out of adjustment thats why it was not closing all the way..

also did the gravity lube where you make a tin foil bowl and zip tie to the lever end of the throttle cable and fill it with lube or motor oil, and let it slowly drain down over time..

had some black gunky crap drip out of the end of the cable for about 20 minutes then it started to drip the tan lube oil