Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Street
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-25-2009, 12:22 PM   #31

My lifan odo reads in km. You need to convert it to miles. The speedo reads mph.

Allen

Old 07-25-2009, 11:05 PM   #32

Zongshen has a bike that looks a lot like this. Any idea if the are the same?

Old 12-19-2009, 09:47 PM   #33

SUNL

The Kung-FU 250 is a Shenke Motorcycle...
http://www.shenkemotor.com/EPA51.html

SUNL has a few new models for 2010 that are Yingang.
SUNL filed for bankruptcy seems they are now operating as Yingang and only offering Yingang models the Kung-Fu is all now old dealer stock.

I have a few pictures of Yingang bikes I got as a preview from their North American Rep. It looks like Sunl picked up all of them except for the naked version of a the YG3R which they call the YG3RII.

I also like this bike, its like the Kung FU but more of a Motard. They call it the YG200

They also have another a YG200-2F which is interesting.

I would say they need to stop re-badging just sell it with the manufacturers name on it.

Different frames, different engines but the more I look the less there really seems to be. Lots of manufacturers sharing the same components.

I see the Kung-FU 250 on many many web sites, I have not heard any horror stories, just initial comments from buyers and really nothing ongoing. Thats often the case for many of the bikes, its interesting the Kung-FU has alot of extra plastic.
http://www.extreme-scooters.com/kung...motorcycle.htm

This is the NHSTA filing for Shenke motors the manufacturer of the Kung-Fu 250.
ftp://ftp.nhtsa.dot.gov/mfrmail/ORG4509.pdf

Old 10-19-2010, 01:35 PM   #34

stuffbay

is the stuffbay the same size as bmw?

Old 10-19-2010, 10:22 PM   #35

Shenke seems to be the supplier for Roketa dirt bikes? What is interesting is that the Shenke site has online parts and ordering.

http://www.shenkemotor.com/parts-DB-06-200.html

Well not really it looks like the are attempting to do that.

But check it out the Roketa DB-05H is selling for $1,199.00 on this site?
http://www.extreme-scooters.com/roke...bike-DB05H.htm

scary here is there FYI page and they got no 1-800 number.
http://www.extreme-scooters.com/store-policies.htm

notice....For your convenience we currently accept:
Personal Checks, Money Order, or Direct Bank Wire Transfer?

Only buy online with a credit card.

Old 10-21-2010, 09:22 PM   #36

People can sometimes sound like a salesperson when they discus details about their own motorcycle. However on the internet owners are virtual and in some instances they may actually be a sales person.

The Kung-FU 250 has a 233c Honda twin under its plastic replication of a BMW F650CS.

I noticed on one image of the KUNGFU 250's meters that the needle was on the wrong side of the post?

That’s actually on a vendors website attempting to sell the motorcycles….it has been there for at least a year, like that. It is like a stick to hit a prospective buyer in the head as they consider buying one of them.

What is interesting is that the bike is not just made by one factory it is made by a few or so it seems that the cloning of that engine was taken to the extent of actual cloning of the clone. It kind of seems silly to do that but they are doing it.

I have to wonder how many of these sold in the USA? It would be difficult to count them since they may be coming in under or with different manufacturing prefixes on their vehicle identification numbers.

But here is the thing….it could have been refined into a water cooled version and then actually be closer to the actual BMW it is a copy of. Less the 650cc engine and belt drive....

The actual BMW is a water cooled 650cc single and guess what it has a Chinese manufactured engine. That engine I believe is made by LONCIN.

Considering that the KUNGFU-250 sells for about $2,000 it is not likely to get a next model upgrade to a 250cc water cooled engine. I think it pretty safe to say that they are just closeouts, they really have no identifiable distribution system for them, they were sold under the brand of SUNL and that name has been retired. The inventory does not just go away though it lingers kind of like bad gas.

But if you buy one its not really any different to any of the 233cc cruisers mechanically, its just anotherHonda cloned engine. So is the water cooled 250 but that has a twin cam and two more valves and about ten more horsepower. You have to wonder though, since the BMW lists for about $9,000.00, if this bike could have been developed and marketed better? Is the Kung FU-250 a quarter of the BMW…its price is.