Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Street
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-11-2010, 09:12 PM   #1

couple questions.... 06 zongshen gs250

Hi. New member here. Just got a zongshen gs250 as a starter bike. So far I love it. However, this week I noticed my tail light doesnt work while my brake/turn signal does. Do I need to replace the whole light assembly or can I just change a bulb? Seems to be only the one bulb there. Also, is this bike supposed to top out at 65-70? When i hit that rsnge, my speedo goes crazy, jumping between 65-80. Speedo goes up to 100. Thx in advance for any help.

Old 10-12-2010, 01:03 AM   #2

I'm sorry that I'm precious little help with your issues, but I will take the opportunity to say welcome to the forum!

The DS / street guys should be chiming in soon.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 10-12-2010, 08:43 AM   #3

Start with the bulb first. Simple to replace and cheap. I go for the long life bulbs if avaiable.

On the speedo, make sure the cable has no kinks in it and bends are as gentle as possible. See if you can lube the cable. That will help too most likely.

Old 10-12-2010, 09:16 AM   #4

Probably just the bulb. The single bulb has two filaments. One for the brake/turn and the other is the taillight. The taillight one is probably out.

Should be an 1157 type automotive bulb. You could also use an LED type replacement.

Old 10-12-2010, 08:41 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by katoranger
Probably just the bulb. The single bulb has two filaments. One for the brake/turn and the other is the taillight. The taillight one is probably out.
Should be an 1157 type automotive bulb. You could also use an LED type replacement.
Kato beat me to it...
I went with an "1157" base LED bulb from Advance Auto Parts (should be anywhere...)
Ditto on lubing the speedo cable...and...
it's a Chinabike, they're supposed to do that...

Welcome to the boards.
Bill R

Old 10-13-2010, 06:41 AM   #6

invest the 5 bucks into a cable lube tool, they are wonderful and make the job of lubing a cable easy and fast

Old 10-21-2010, 10:19 PM   #7

Call this dealer and ask to talk to service, ask them if they have a fix for the Zongshen GS250 Speedometer problems.

I had a conversation with them last year when they were selling them, they said that the only real problem they had with the GS250 was the speedometer and they found a fix for it.

http://www.state8.com/