Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-26-2022, 03:20 PM   #136

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huck369 View Post
That is just fins to make it look like a radiator......but a good place to mount an oil cooler..

And it is a 520 Chain (or looks to be), I still haven't had mine out of the Subdivision to see how the gearing is, but should be easy enough to change that to what ever one wants out of the bike.
So it's just an empty box with fins? Sort of what's on the Boom BD250-5. It's seen here, post #10
http://chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=29901

Well, like you said, it shows where an oil cooler could be installed. It'd be nice if it came with brackets/tapped holes for one.
2016 Tao Tao 125D

Last edited by david3921; 04-27-2022 at 09:53 AM.

Old 04-26-2022, 10:13 PM   #137

Learned that 2016+ KTM frame guards fit these bikes. Looks cool...

My back tire is wearing fast 221 miles. I keep hitting the pavement for a quick run to Lowe's, Aldi's , & beer runs... Not a highway tire.. Still breaking the engine in but I'm pushing it more and more.. Like all 250s I wish I had one more gear. Looking at the 6 speed motor final drive ratio is no more than the 5 speed... The more I ride the bike the more I like it..

Heres a recent video of a full explanation of all FMM motors. Sucks I can't understand Chinese or Russian but Google translate helps... I'm potentially interested in a 177 bore kit.

Old 04-26-2022, 10:27 PM   #138

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nutcracker View Post
Learned that 2016+ KTM frame guards fit these bikes. Looks cool...

My back tire is wearing fast 221 miles. I keep hitting the pavement for a quick run to Lowe's, Aldi's , & beer runs... Not a highway tire.. Still breaking the engine in but I'm pushing it more and more.. Like all 250s I wish I had one more gear. Looking at the 6 speed motor final drive ratio is no more than the 5 speed... The more I ride the bike the more I like it..

Heres a recent video of a full explanation of all FMM motors. Sucks I can't understand Chinese or Russian but Google translate helps... I'm potentially interested in a 177 bore kit.

Spare motor from eBay
Add 177 bore kit
Profit

Old 04-27-2022, 10:05 PM   #139

Spent yesterday evening playing with the suspension a bit, just driving around the property over ruts and holes trying to find what felt best. Seems I favor a relatively softer compression to a harder rebound.

Took it out for a 10 mile ride after the kids were in bed and man, totally worth it. It flys over washboards and ruts in the road, way more stable and controllable. I didn’t think the adjustments would add up to much but man, was I wrong! Totally different feel. Now the bike really encourages you to get up out of the seat, onto the balls of your feet and ride.

Really wish I wasn’t still breaking it in lol.
I’m really curious how this would perform with a better carb and a cleaner exhaust.

Old 04-27-2022, 10:14 PM   #140

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExMxer View Post
On the XPro site, this sucker is listed at 2059. If you have an interest in this ride, I'd jump soon. Gut feeling says it's gonna go up quick......
Convinced yet ExMXer? Powersportsmax is still offering this bike for $2050 delivered with liftgate service. I love the short shifter, better brakes, 21"/18" wheels, full lighting, knobbies, low gearing for offroad, 250cc 19hp Zhongshen engine, 520 chain, inverted forks, graphics, gear position indicator, orange color(!)... etc.

I am so close! Are you going to do it??

Old 04-27-2022, 11:00 PM   #141

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper View Post
Convinced yet ExMXer? Powersportsmax is still offering this bike for $2050 delivered with liftgate service. I love the short shifter, better brakes, 21"/18" wheels, full lighting, knobbies, low gearing for offroad, 250cc 19hp Zhongshen engine, 520 chain, inverted forks, graphics, gear position indicator, orange color(!)... etc.

I am so close! Are you going to do it??
If I didn’t have my sights set on a dr650 for my next bike I would buy another one of these, like, yesterday lol

Old 04-28-2022, 09:41 PM   #142

I know I have posted anything in a while about mine, it's honestly just been sitting for a little minute, I just got the nibbi carb and jets on order, and after some research and info, I think I'm going to run a 130mm main, and 50 pilot, needle set to middle, and 2 turns out. Numbers may seem high, but I'm 15ft above sea level and it won't even start up and idle unless maximally warm without dying after immediately being set off choke. This is just my estimated starting point on adjustment, do you guys have any recommendation on what jetting I should do if you disagree with what I have planned?

Old 04-28-2022, 10:28 PM   #143

I'm very curious about your carburetor install. Ive also read 125 main and 45 pilot also 2 turns out. I bet this will make a big difference on this motor. Hope you post your results. Not much room to pull out the carb without removing the exhaust. I read we're some Zongshen engines have a funky exhaust gasket from factory. Should be a common size if you did have to replace.

Anyone curious about trying Joe Henners 4° offset flywheel key? Im in the same boat with engine break-in being 300 to 500 miles im ready to really use this thing... Patience....

Old 04-28-2022, 10:33 PM   #144

Quote:
I'm very curious about your carburetor install. Ive also read 125 main and 45 pilot also 2 turns out. I bet this will make a big difference on this motor. Hope you post your results. Not much room to pull out the carb without removing the exhaust. I read we're some Zongshen engines have a funky exhaust gasket from factory. Should be a common size if you did have to replace.

Anyone curious about trying Joe Henners 4° offset flywheel key? Im in the same boat with engine break-in being 300 to 500 miles im ready to really use this thing... Patience....
I’ve seen this mentioned a few times, what’s the 4* offset key?
After breakin I’m honestly toying with the idea of throwing a lectron carb on it and making a custom exhaust. Have welder, will travel lol.

Edit: so what’s up with this Henner motor sports?
I can only find a Facebook page, and since I don’t have Facebook that does me zero good. Does he have a legitimate business page? Can’t buy parts without one lol.

Old 04-29-2022, 12:04 AM   #145

There's 2 things I've learned from Russian videos. #1 is the thickness of the head gasket that was added to reduce compression. By reducing compression this reduced NOX & CO2 gas's to a level for EPA approval in US market. Removing a layer of the head gasket increases the compression to a little above 10:1. #2 is Flywheel keys or advancing the timing by 4° to 8°. This probably also had to do with EPA Emission standards. For these reasons this could be why we see the HP range on this motor at 19 to 26HP. Very good reviews on the 4° keys. Supposedly 8° is to much advance and your overheating & melting stuff.

Old 04-29-2022, 07:38 AM   #146

Quote:
There's 2 things I've learned from Russian videos. #1 is the thickness of the head gasket that was added to reduce compression. By reducing compression this reduced NOX & CO2 gas's to a level for EPA approval in US market. Removing a layer of the head gasket increases the compression to a little above 10:1. #2 is Flywheel keys or advancing the timing by 4° to 8°. This probably also had to do with EPA Emission standards. For these reasons this could be why we see the HP range on this motor at 19 to 26HP. Very good reviews on the 4° keys. Supposedly 8° is to much advance and your overheating & melting stuff.
I think the manual quotes 14 horse for the X7.
Going from whatever it is we have (14, 19, somewhere in between) to almost 30 would necessitate changing sprockets in a hurry.

Old 04-30-2022, 06:42 PM   #147

uh-ooooo!

Did it. I am in trouble now

Can't wait to see it. Black first choice, Orange second choice.

ExMxer... what's not to love about this bike! Go for it

Last edited by Thumper; 04-30-2022 at 10:00 PM.

Old 05-01-2022, 10:41 PM   #148

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper View Post
Did it. I am in trouble now

Can't wait to see it. Black first choice, Orange second choice.

ExMxer... what's not to love about this bike! Go for it

You’ll love it.
I took mine on a 25 mile gravel road/cow path trip today.
Holy cow, this thing is so much damned fun lol.
First gear is starting to bug me though. There just isn’t enough of it.
So how does one go about figuring out gear ratios?

Last edited by Okierider; 05-01-2022 at 11:41 PM.

Old 05-02-2022, 06:47 AM   #149

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okierider View Post

You’ll love it.
I took mine on a 25 mile gravel road/cow path trip today.
Holy cow, this thing is so much damned fun lol.
First gear is starting to bug me though. There just isn’t enough of it.
So how does one go about figuring out gear ratios?
What most use is this;
Want more speed? Go up (tooth count) in front or down in back
Want more grunt (torque)? Go down in front or up in back.
A change in one tooth in front is close to (ratio-wise) three in back.
Most change the front as it's easier, cheaper, and makes a pretty significant change. Sometimes there isn't room in the front (when going up), however, and the rear needs to be changed. Most times, a one tooth change doesn't require a change in the length of the chain but it isn't always the case.

Now after all that, if you want first to be "longer", go up one tooth in the front. It will make all of the gears longer, however. If it's too much, you can fine tune the back. It all comes down to your style of riding.
2016 Tao Tao 125D

Last edited by david3921; 05-02-2022 at 10:50 PM.

Old 05-02-2022, 05:54 PM   #150

Quote:
Originally Posted by david3921 View Post
What most use is this;
Want more speed? Go up (tooth count) in front or down in back
Want more grunt (torque)? Go down in front or up in back.
A change in one tooth in front is close to (ratio-wise) three in back.
Most change the front as it's easier, cheaper, and makes a pretty significant change. Sometimes there isn't room in the front (when going up), however, and the rear needs to be changed. Most times, a one tooth change doesn't require a change in the length of the chain but it isn't always the case.

Now after all that, if you want first to be "longer", go up one tooth. It will make all of the gears longer, however. If it's too much, you can fine tune the back. It all comes down to your style of riding.
Thanks very much! Two more items in the Amazon cart lol
2023 Royal Enfield Classic 350 “Trigger”