Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-10-2010, 09:42 PM   #136

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oengus
Quote:
Originally Posted by culcune
At least they're honest!

Although our motorcycle's quality is not so good as foreign manufacturer such as HONDA, SUZUKI, YAMAHA, we have introduced the most advanced technology into our factory and keep improving our quality all the time. Now our product has prior quality all over the China and with the most preferable price, we are sure we can meet your demands.
That was edited;

It now reads as:

Galaxy is a specialty motorcycle manufacturer, striving for quality to match that of the Japanese major brands. Galaxy is doing this through the introduction of advanced manufacturing technology and striving to make that of continuous product improvements.

Galaxy's products are recognized for their quality throughout China and offered at very affordable prices, we pride ourselves on our commitment to being the best.

In 2008 Galaxy's racing team won the first place in Taklimakan Rally, which is a prestigious Chinese Rally, often referred to as the Dakar Rally of China.
Nice translation.

Old 05-10-2010, 10:43 PM   #137

It does sound a little better now :wink:

Old 05-12-2010, 08:38 AM   #138

I am sort of at a standstill with Galaxy, not sure how it will progress.

At and on a personal level….I really want an SUV250, but I also want to have some confidence that I will not be left in a lurch with the bike.

The bike… as all bikes needs a distributor that support them, I am not going to take that bike through the garage mechanic path, its not that type of bike. If I buy a closeout then the lower the price the better that’s fine and a good way to get a decent bike to have some fun with. But this is a new product, it is different and I personally think it has greater potential than those being sold on eBay for rock bottom prices.

I am attempting to get it marketed and sold “professionally” the low cost is important but so is having some confidence in the support of it, in order for it to get into a mainstream, it is as far as it can be from that today. There are no SUV250's in the USA today, not a one.

I would like one….but I would also like to see a website were I can buy parts for it, maybe a custom gas tank or seat? At least a cable or a bracket that may break? I would also like to know that when the odometer hits 1000km I can take it to dealer and have the valve clearance and cam chain tension checked.

Sure you can do these yourself, so does the bike come with a service manual? I was told a parts book and manual comes with the bike…but has that been proofed by an English speaking mechanic?

I am not in a hurry, doing things correctly takes time and great effort.

If you really want an SUV250 then contact John today, they will sell you one.

Old 05-12-2010, 08:46 AM   #139

Look folks this is a modified FTR223 sold in Japan, the tank and seat are not major changes.
The SUV250 is a copy of that bike, getting one and the exhaust pipe, gas tank and chrome fender to modify it is not out of reach.

The result of that is a really cool bike.

The problem is costs, once it crosses the pond everything rackets up.

Old 05-13-2010, 09:59 AM   #140

This is the proposal that was given to John Zhou at Galaxy Motorcycles:

That Twenty-Five motorcycles could be imported and that number enough to fill the smallest shipping container of twenty feet. Each of those twenty-five motorcycles would be an individual purchased motorcycle.

Galaxy has restricted the sale to only SUV250 bikes, the others are sold through a distributor they work with in the USA, so they do not want to underscore that relationship with that distributor.

The question was asked, can that distributor work with you on this? Can they work with these SUV250 models and this initial shipment?

What is being proposed is a website, that allows access to parts and in that assigns each bike with its own identification code. The bike would be registered with Galaxy as an initial “USA TEST GROUP” and access to the site would be by entering the ID code. Then a parts list would be accessible and with the option to purchase parts. The parts would be recorded and associated with each individual Motorcycle ID.

I asked could these bikes be taken through the existing distributor and could they send the bikes to that exiting distributors dealer network?

The SUV250 could be marketed through the same website and also a forum could be added to that site.
Then the distributor could process the orders of future sales of the SUV250, since it is outside of their existing product range, it would be marketed separately through its own site.

Then it’s a matter of value added and the links of the chain defined and refined.

I laid it out….I want to exchange the development of the site for one SUV250, that being I will exchange the website development for a SUV250 delivered to a local dealer. When the site is operational I get my bike.

The site will offer a “Buy It Now” option and orders would go to the distributor and then ship to their local dealers. It would register each bike with Galaxy and then also track those as the same initial bikes. The difference is that the price would be higher.

I suggested $2,500.0 and with 24 month of limited warranty.

Here is the catch, I manage the site and get paid to process and monitor orders. I would also train people on all levels how to use it. At the factory entering and fulfilling orders and at the distributor as well as the dealers.

The initial bikes are at cost, by the time they arrive the site has to be up and running. Its not a “yahoo forum” LOL

Once the site is up you would have access to parts and a formal dealer you would take the bike to for service.

The initial group would then have a forum and it would be, I assure you professional, and that initial group would be tracked. I am working with four people here locally that will buy an SUV250. We will ride them together and those adventures will get documented. Then catering to that group would be a measure of customer satisfaction and again that assures they take care of them or it will not help sales.

The forum would use geographical location, so by default you become part of a riders group when you order the bike, even if you do not want to associate, as you would not have to, but you would see the numbers of bikes sold in your area. By region as in the state, city and zip codes. Then if they wish to schedule events the forum would allow that.
Then that in itself grows groups and also drives sales.

It all about distribution and within that professionalism, internet sales are not a bad thing, its just not being done professionally.

Old 05-13-2010, 10:40 AM   #141

This is certainly an interesting idea and thread. Do you deal with them over the internet with email? If I wanted to order a bike, would you need the money up front? Do you trust them enough to follow through on this? I have reservations on a deal like this, what can you tell me to build my confidence?

Old 05-13-2010, 01:23 PM   #142

Their distributor used to be SMC, but now it's Pitster Pro, as evidenced by Pitster's new XTR 150 and XTR 230 off-road bikes. Wonder if Pitster would sell these? Gary?

Old 05-13-2010, 05:30 PM   #143

It's legit, the only reason to have twenty five is to get the shipping discount. You could order one independently, if you want one unsupported.

Just send an email to John Zhou, I have Gary’s email but before I approach him, there needs to be names on the list that are sincere and interested.

Taking one step further, know who your local dealer would be. I asked mine sometime ago would they take delivery of any bike if I shipped it to them….they said; “but of course they would” they would charge a fee.

But the key is that of the local dealer agreeing to support the bikes, and that if the bikes have problems, the purpose is a comprehensive road test, and take it from a statistician twenty five is a good size sample.

Not that complex, from 0-1000km….each bike and how is it holding up.

Then any future sales come through with set margins, the distributor fees, the dealer fees all contractual. Ordered online from the website….that I am 100% confident I can set up. It would allow purchasing bikes and also spare parts. The warranty would be administered through the dealers also, if the bike is warranted then parts are covered. Each bike would have an account, its account number is its VIN ID.

Its no mystery how Quality Control works is a feed back loop, you find and isolate problems and do all you can to minimize the claim, some are rooted in the factory and some may be related suppliers? You track them down and root them out.

That’s a relatively simple bike, the cost of supporting it may be very little. The need for parts self defining with the results of the sample. It is entirely possible they go with no need for parts for sometime. If all the bike share a problem it gets resolved and the fix implemented.

Distributors operate best if they are fully at there operating capacity, that being all the space is full and the staff is consistently busy. The revenue is on unit margins the cost are are not wholly on unit margins, the more unit’s the unit cost falls, same as shipping.

Dealers just want fees, if they are just taking delivery and then operating as service center then they loose commission unless the pricing is set to guarantee it. They can earn more if they order more, or they can earn the base and just process the bikes.

I would say that the initial bikes have to be kept stock for the duration of the warranty period. That being no rejeting, sprocket changes or exhaust changes. That could alter the results of the sample, but could be done after the test period ends. Ever hear the expression that could violate the warranty.

If you want an SUV250 then simply send John and email and ask to be put on the list. If it grows to twenty five then we negotiate prices and terms. It looks like a WIN WIN for everyone if it happens.

Galaxy Foshan Motorcycle is subsidiary of Guangdong Yinhe Motorcycle Industry Co Ltd.
Send the email to trade@yinhemotors.com.cn attn: John Zhou

Your name your email and address and that you want your name on the preliminary list “Galaxy USA motorcycle Test Group“. You are interested in an SUV250 and please notify you when the list reaches twenty-five.

We know that we can get one individually and direct shipped and the price around $1,700.00 so we are working to lower that and then considering bringing a distributor and dealers in, so that the efforts have a path to lead into. We know that twenty-five bike on a forum will get attention. If that also offers direct purchasing of bikes it should bring about sales…..

It’s a cool bike….

Old 05-13-2010, 05:34 PM   #144

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealWorld
This is certainly an interesting idea and thread. Do you deal with them over the internet with email? If I wanted to order a bike, would you need the money up front? Do you trust them enough to follow through on this? I have reservations on a deal like this, what can you tell me to build my confidence?

Yes everyday and somedays two or more exchanges.

Old 05-13-2010, 05:45 PM   #145

I know it is not a Honda....but

it looks just like one.... :wink:

Old 05-13-2010, 05:54 PM   #146

LOL number 1!!!!!

Old 05-13-2010, 06:01 PM   #147

The bike has been around for a while :idea:

That's an early version not the first either, notice the 1980's headlight. This FTR is a twin? I think they also made a actual 250 twin FTR?

Old 05-13-2010, 11:24 PM   #148

Re: THANKS TO SO MANY PEOPLE'S INTEREST

Hello, I am the so-called John in galaxy dirt bike co.,ltd. I know most of you here who is interested are just dirt bike fanl, but not a distributor. So i am now collecting a buyer sheet and once the amount gets to 26sets, we can send a small container to Cleveland, Ohio, USA. And the freight cost for you averagely wouldn't be more than USD 200. Plus the unit price of SUV(usd900), you only need to pay USD 1100, although still some inland fee needs to pay.

If anyone here is interested, you can tell me your name, address,email, contact number so that i can add you to the list and once we get the enough amount, the bikes will be sent out.

For any other information, you can send email to me.

trade@yinhem@motor.com.cn
johnzhou09fly@gmail.com

Both email address are ok.

HAHA, everyone has a wonderful day.

Old 05-13-2010, 11:29 PM   #149

HONDA FTR223

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oengus
I know it is not a Honda....but

it looks just like one.... :wink:
Ahaha, it of course isn't a HONDA.
To tell the truth, we take HONDA FTR223 as standard.
If you search the HONDA FTR223 from the website, you will find so many similar things there.
Just to offer you more information, if you need more, contact me.

Old 05-13-2010, 11:31 PM   #150

Wow, this is sure getting interesting, I am considering it, but still waiting to see what others think.