Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-14-2010, 08:44 AM   #151

Thanks John,

Just to clear things up, the bikes are or would ship to the US port, Cleveland is my home town and they are not all coming to my home….LOL

We have not got the exact prices for the shipping logistics, just rough numbers, and those to keep the unit price for each under $1,700.00. That was the estimate for one shipped from Foshan china to Cleveland Ohio.

The filling of a container will reduce that cost, that part of the total cost.

Once John has a list with twenty six then we begin to get individual total prices for each person, that would be done through a single freight forwarder. The price of at or around eleven hundred would be in my estimate from the port in the USA and after clearing customs.

Each person would be ordering independently, however from Foshan to the USA Port the shipping would be collectively shared and result is included in the eleven hundred estimate. The amount added to that would be based on from the port to your city.

As for what or how it unfolds in the USA then it would be a matter of contacting Gary at Pitster and asking would you be able to support bikes through your established dealers? Then that would be a matter of a contractual agreement that they thought or feel benefits them as well as the group and future purchasers of the SUV250.

John is the manufacturer, you would be just buying a motorcycle, but we would like to build something that can be developed into something sustainable.

The group forming will garner support and it way be able to leverage the SUV250 into the market. That through an existing distribution channel, for access to parts and service.

The twenty six would be a quorum and that would bring about a web site as a forum that also allowed for the purchasing of parts and also for others to purchase bikes and by default be members of a riders club.

I go out on a limb here; but I am fairly certain that if I get a price of one shipped to Cleveland from the port and then ask for a price of four the shipping cost of each unit drops. That being one truck with four compared to one truck with one. But I have yet to begin with the freight forwarder and prices. I only have estimates.

It would be best to work with one freight forwarder for all bikes, to all location and then to keep track of each estimate to keep them honest. If a single freight forwarder is contacted with a list of twenty six then they offer shipping costs for each and to each destination city. They should offer competitive prices, which would include insurance for the value of the bike and to your door or local freight terminal.

Build the list…add your name to it.

It’s pretty simple, its twenty-six individual purchase agreements…that will all be proccessed at once.
Getting your name on the list shows your interest, when the agreement begin to form for each we can go over them together, it’s the advantage of the group, your not alone in it. Its called bargaining power!

Old 05-14-2010, 09:43 AM   #152

I assume they want the money before the container gets loaded, is that correct?

Old 05-14-2010, 05:46 PM   #153

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealWorld
Yeah the payement would be what make it all set in motion.

Old 05-14-2010, 06:34 PM   #154

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealWorld
Its to soon to get into purchase protection, get your name on the list and then when and if it hits 26 we get into purchase protection. Before we agree to actually purchase motorcycles.

Remember I am in the same boat and I like to cover my a** on everything. I am not looking to get burned.

There are ways to insure the purchase, I am researching that.

But keep in mind the people on the other side also are covering themselves, they are not going to ship without or before they get payement, the chance of COD is not likely. But there are other options, once the list is formed I will get into those and in detail.

You can be on the list and back out before you buy it, it is just a statement of intention being on the list, its not a agreement to purchase, it will not get to that point until it reaches quorum (26 names on the list).

I hope I am not getting on anyone’s nerves, I am getting on my own nerves…

Old 05-17-2010, 10:51 AM   #155

I requested estimates on freight from this company, for twenty-six motorcycles shipped from china to a USA port, then an estimate for the cost based on miles to any inland final destination.

http://www.worldclassshipping.com

This company accepts credit cards and also paypal, they also offer insurance on the shipment.

So what I asked was the cost of shipping from Foshan China to any USA port available, then from that port to twenty six separate location an estimate based on miles from the port.

If this happens that being Twenty-Six orders are placed for an SUV250, then I will require galaxy to send me a parts list for that model in advance with part numbers, and the size weight and cost of each part.

Then each bike will come with a parts book an online a store will be set up, allowing direct purchasing and quote freight prices based on the size and weight of the part.

FYI: UPS ships from china they offer quotes for shipping anything from china based on weight and size of the parcel. From my estimate it doubles the cost shipping from china. But we already know that the costs are much lower in china, so you would be doubling the cost of very low cost part.

All John needs to build the list is addresses and then the freight forwarder-customs broker quotes each, that’s who you would pay and it could be done with a credit card. Credit cards most that is have purchase protection. That being if the bike never came then the charge would be investigated and if it never came reversed.

Basically the container would get broken out in the USA port and then all the bikes shipped to each location. The use of one single container saves costs for ocean freight.

The website would be a forum and created in Vbullten the same software that mychinamoto uses. Then it would also have a parts store to order parts. The orders for part would go direct to galaxy at the factory. It would also accept credit card payment and that also would give you purchase protection.

I hate to be silly…but do they have ATM machines in china? LOL

If I set up a shopping cart it would be nice if it could direct funds to a bank account they have?

Old 05-19-2010, 01:53 PM   #156

So John left it at lets see what happens?

I wonder what happened to Hornet?

There is a member on mychinamoto that lives in china, he owns a few galaxy motorcycles he goes under the screen name of chinaV. You could ask him what he thinks of that bike, ask him if he would consider it a decent enough bike?

Check the Galaxy threads on that site, he took a picture of the bike and road it around the parking lot. His comment was “nice little bike”.

For me it is not the right time to just order one, and the $1,700.00 price may be high? I am not ready to buy yet not until November-December. I will buy in the winter and then have the bike for the next season.

I suspect that I could order parts some from Pister and some from Galaxy, they assured me the bike had a parts book that would come with the bike. Galaxy has a phone number….If I needed a part then I can get one, but I also have a brother with an office in Shanghais, his company does not export from China they export to the Chinese. He is there several times a year.

It is not that I do not trust them….I do not trust anyone, it’s unwise to trust.

When my time comes I will get as many freight quotes as I can for the bike, and also seek out an escrow agent. Andy Hird got his bike that he ordered from Galaxy, but he got a test bike, one testing EFI and the results were a bike that ran poorly. If I get a bike it will not have EFI and I will take it to a mechanic if it runs poorly.

I think the bike is or would be of better than average quality on the Chinese bike quality scale. I am 100% sure I can title and register the bike.

I have not heard from John since Friday, he may have just left it as it is, and is waiting to see if a list forms?
It does not matter to me, I may change my mind on the SUV250, I am more likely to order it and ask for street tires.

I got plenty of time and am researching a service manual for an FTR and also custom part suppliers for that bike. I will eventually modify the Qingqi as well that bike look f’n cool without the fairing and I can have the bracket grinded off of it, take it to body shop and smooth it all off an paint it.

I am not poor and not really that cheap, the bike is and does have great bones, the rest can all be changed out.

Old 05-20-2010, 09:03 AM   #157

Galaxy USA Test Group

Old 05-20-2010, 02:36 PM   #158

I suppose slightly off topic, but why are you leaning towards using V-Bulletin I think it's over rated.

Old 05-20-2010, 07:58 PM   #159

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim
I suppose slightly off topic, but why are you leaning towards using V-Bulletin I think it's over rated.

Who rated it? JD POWER?

Old 05-20-2010, 10:55 PM   #160

Sorry Jim, I just spent too much time on this and its getting no place.

U got it right "leaning" would be a good descriptive.

I could use Hudler like Thumper talk,
http://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/thr...xy-motorcycles

I would like to work on something and somebody is reading this thread?

I get crazy when I look at the Heiwa and think what the heck make that bike and hire me to market it! Then I get frustrated and have to act out!

Old 05-20-2010, 11:18 PM   #161

I was being too assumptive, that is all about taking ownership and that can be admirable to some and also offensive to others depending who is perceiving the information.

The comment about professionalism were indirectly at an f’n gadfly on mychinamoto that offered “professional advice” which rubbed me the wrong way.

John may have taken that personal and somebody is not helping that should be, and that ticks me off as well.

I am sure none of them appreciate their names and business names being tossed around? Often based on conjecture and supposition.

Then you just have all these people on the net, comments often not made in good faith and sometimes they seem to be even fabricated…Thumper Talk threw a bone, dirt bike brands….“CHINESE” and the Lock-Tite everything advice…its getting old.

What kills me is that Shineray came with some decent bikes and they get tossed into the “Chinese bike box”
I guess a gadfly offering advice made me blow a gasket, that and a week of rain.

Old 05-20-2010, 11:28 PM   #162

I don't visit my china moto so I'm not sure exactly what you are talking about... As for my comment about VB, I merely feel that there is better options out there, options that offer the same functionality, but without the subscription charges.

Old 05-21-2010, 01:12 AM   #163

You mean open source and with no licensing fee, the V-B software is a one time cost of $285.00 for the software, free upgrades, free tech support. Subscription are reoccurring charges, it does not work that way.

Then it also support mysql it’s complex but that has to do with data tables that can be linked.
http://www.mysql.com/products/ that’s about $600.00 for that software.

It would be an enterprise application, fairly cheap one.

Then hosting that support its all….that has a subscription
http://www.godaddy.com/Hosting/Legac...isc=goac2001aa

Basically you have it on a pc were you work on it and then transfer FTP to the server were others can access it, and any where through HTML.

I can spot free a mile away, people get confidence from or a lack of from a business website.

It would be an enterprise system, I am fairly certain and could be wrong that I could use the custom pages to build searchable tables within V-bulletin.

I am sure they stepped back……oh no he want to take control…..it all looked free until the end. Creating a web forum would be just to communicate within the group and also encourage others to buy through the site.

It could have been alligned on Pitsterpro distribution network and dealers.

You know they have bar codes and scanners that can propagate data tables, buying something removes it from inventory. You should be able open a page and enter a vin then select a part number it then tell you how many and were they are. Then that could be a part vendor the part goes to them as inventory, but still sell through the site. They get the order and it transfer through the credit card software to their account. they can buy part and sell parts. They hold them in stock and would enter the ship date from their web based terminal.

The proposal to Galaxy is for an enterprise application, the twenty five bike were to actually to fill the data and test the system. Each bike tracked and then values determined, the total cost for distribution and warranty as real values determined by the test bikes.

they love the idea.....

Old 06-03-2010, 02:02 AM   #164

Hmm some interesting ideas have been posted, but its seems few facts may be missing?
Who's EPA and who's DOT are being used? These bikes DO NOT HAVE EPA OR DOT AT ALL! I would be real curious to see a sample of the Vin number that would be used for registeration, customs, EPA, DOT of these 25 bikes.

We are working on the testing of the SUV and will eventually bring the SUV to the market, once the proper steps have been complete.

For those that wish to take a chance on getting a discount on a bike with a non conforming EPA and DOT you may be taking a big risk as to whether you will be able to get the bike cleared through customs let alone licensed and tagged, insured in the USA.
If you have any other questions on this matter you can reach me at contact@pitsterpro.com or via phone at 801.796.7416

Thanks

Old 06-03-2010, 02:22 AM   #165

Pitster thanks for contributing to the discussion.

Could you please add your dealer/distributor information to your signature (in your profile), thanks.