Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > Dealer & Distributor Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-06-2008, 07:02 PM   #166

Well I don't think he has much choice now, he didn't let the driver take it when he was there, and he's since assembled it and started riding it...

I would maybe suggest calling them on the blatant lie that the gy2 is worth more, and try and see if they would throw in some accessories like a helmet or something...

Old 04-09-2008, 01:07 PM   #167

Send a message via AIM to PorterzCustomz
I just got an email from a member on here that I need to share with all of you. He is going through a legal dispute with them right now so he wishes to remain anonymous as this is a popular thread. I have FW the email to frostbite and he can vouch for the legitimacy of the email wile keeping the members identity secret. He recently worked for them and he lives in the area. He writes:

To: PorterzCustomz
Posted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 7:43 am
Subject: ATV Discounter Glen Barling

Quote message

Call the owner of ATV Discounter on his cell phone and tell him to stop cheating people out of the bike they want i use to work there and he has been doing the same thing he did to you to many others. The owner of american lifan gave him a smokin deal if he would buy all the gy-2's he had in stock so he did and then he bought 1 gy-5 and took pictures so people think they are getting the 5 and he sends them the 2. Here is his cell phone number xxx-xxx-xxxx and his wife (billing dept) xxx-xxx-xxxx

DON"T FALL FOR THE SCAM, DON'T BUY FROM THEM AND MAKE SURE TO WARN OTHERS NOT TO!! IT IS YOUR RESPONCEABILITY AS A MEMBER.

-Eric

Old 04-09-2008, 01:12 PM   #168

edited out

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 04-09-2008, 02:54 PM   #169

If this dealer is an American Lifan dealer you should post this issue on the American Lifan forum under dealer complaints.

Maybe then they will offer some help or at least make sure this does not happen again.

http://www.americanlifan.com/lifan3/customer/

Old 04-09-2008, 04:10 PM   #170

Quote:
Originally Posted by culcune
Hmmm, so American Lifan is in on it, too?
No they aren't, they simply sold their remaining lot of gy2's wholesale to these scammers, these scammers are the ones "in on it".

Old 04-09-2008, 04:36 PM   #171

A. Lifan should really eliminate drop shipping, then! Or at least monitor who they allow to do so (i.e. Brain at Xtreme seems to have not slighted anyone, and about a dozen people posted ordering from him)

ATV Discounters should not be allowed to mail order any Lifan product from here on out, and should risk having their Lifan dealership privileges revoked altogether!

This seems to me to be far worse than the "unauthorized" mail order dealers mentioned in the official Lifan website.

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 04-09-2008, 05:37 PM   #172

Quote:
Originally Posted by culcune
A. Lifan should really eliminate drop shipping, then! Or at least monitor who they allow to do so (i.e. Brain at Xtreme seems to have not slighted anyone, and about a dozen people posted ordering from him)

ATV Discounters should not be allowed to mail order any Lifan product from here on out, and should risk having their Lifan dealership privileges revoked altogether!

This seems to me to be far worse than the "unauthorized" mail order dealers mentioned in the official Lifan website.
I don't think that this is different then the "unauthorized" mail order dealers, ATV Discounters isn't an american lifan dealer, they simply purchased old stock in bulk...

Old 04-09-2008, 07:25 PM   #173

American Lifan sold ATV-D Lifan motorcycles to resell. AF is not stupid and they know what is going on. AF could have sold these bikes themselves so they are partially to blame for this whole mess.

IMO if AF knows about this misrepresentation of the bikes and says nothing to ATV-D then they are fools. It is the Lifan reputation that is on the line when they allow this sort of cr@p to occur and they were the original source of the problem by selling the bikes to scum.
2005 TANK Trail 200
2009 Lifan LY110GY-3 (2)

Old 04-10-2008, 12:06 AM   #174

Do you think the Japanese went through all of this crap when they were trying to put out an XR whatever? What did we do before the internet.....

Old 04-10-2008, 12:57 AM   #175

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambassador
Do you think the Japanese went through all of this crap when they were trying to put out an XR whatever? What did we do before the internet.....
Before the internet? We used to talk trash on the CB radio, then when PC's starting hitting the homes in the late 1980's we had those cool BBS's to communicate through at 300 baud! When I got my first 1200 baud modem I thought I felt like my data transmission was 'screaming'.
2005 TANK Trail 200
2009 Lifan LY110GY-3 (2)

Old 04-10-2008, 01:05 AM   #176

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrhyak
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambassador
Before the internet? We used to talk trash on the CB radio, then when PC's starting hitting the homes in the late 1980's we had those cool BBS's to communicate through.

Old 04-10-2008, 11:40 PM   #177

Hyak,
Back then you didn't buy bikes on-line, neither did I.. I guess you answered my question but not really, how did the Japs market their bikes with b&m dealers and pull it off? Why can't the Chinese do the same?
I can only attribute it to American dealers being lazy and not following through on promises delivered as well as the Chinese/ AL/ Zongshen...
Should we keep buying products that may or may not be worthy depending on JUST a dealer when you may get a good deal on-line and NEVER have to deal with them again??
Sorry Hyak, hot harping on you, your not a dealer... Maybe if the dealers would unite better products would follow???

Old 04-11-2008, 12:06 AM   #178

Does anyone know if Ohio laws say that you can't ship a bike in a crate?
I have seen this guy selling on ebay and he is in Ohio.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/NEW-2...QQcmdZViewItem

Old 04-11-2008, 12:18 AM   #179

Low price but crazy $399 shipping. Found a scooter shop near my house that charges $1,500 for GY-2's though. He had four when I forst noticed, now only one. Said he's not getting the 250's until his 200's are all gone. Dang. I'd be willing to pay a little more if I could touch it before buying.

Old 04-11-2008, 08:19 AM   #180

Quote:
Originally Posted by kczukiman
Does anyone know if Ohio laws say that you can't ship a bike in a crate?
I have seen this guy selling on ebay and he is in Ohio.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/NEW-2...QQcmdZViewItem
Bruce has spoken about that seller and he is illegally obtaining a title in OH first for the bike and then sending it to the buyer. Someone in Fl bought a bike from that seller and that was the method used. It is illegal for a dealer to sell an unprepped crated motorcycle off site in OH.

Allen