Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-30-2016, 10:28 AM   #166

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azhule View Post
Installed some Braided Brake lines on the Bashan today... total cost, $13 or $14 for both including 6 day shipping from China... was it worth the wait for shipping, the time to install, and $$$ it cost?!? ...

Yes... yes it was

Front and rear brakes are at least 1,000,000 times better

Might snap a few pics, but who really needs to see pics of boring brake lines
Do you have links to share?

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 08-31-2016, 12:28 PM   #167

Bought them off Banggood about 1.5 weeks ago and I'm not seeing them anymore when I do a search for them (but I can "see it" when I log into my account and go to order history), both had a 90 degree angle on one end to go to the master cylinder and I think it was 30 degree on the other side to go on the caliper, 10mm opening on both sides for the banjo bolt, and 60cm length for one and 110cm length for the other.

Sorry I'm no help with the links Weld

I will keep my eye out and post up when they come back, maybe out of stock or they are updating to new lengths/quantities ???

"You never know what someone is hiding beneath their smile..." - NinjaTom - R.I.P.

Old 08-31-2016, 03:38 PM   #168

No worries. I can certainly take some measurements when the time comes. Thanks.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 09-02-2016, 09:55 PM   #169

It's official... I think I'm blind !

I installed some T10 connectors and slapped some Phillips 194 / T10 LED lights in... and they are a tad bright to say the least much better than the crap it had before but like I said... my cones/rods are burned from all the light

"You never know what someone is hiding beneath their smile..." - NinjaTom - R.I.P.

Old 09-03-2016, 12:26 AM   #170

Quick light spritz of spray paint to tone it down
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~Benjamin Franklin~

Old 09-03-2016, 05:56 AM   #171

as the song goes "Blinded by the light.."
'80 Honda XL185S
'76 Yamaha DT250C dual sport
Baja Wilderness Trail 250
'07 Honda Shadow 750 Areo Trike
'01 Harley Davidson Softail Deuce
Polaris Magnum 425 4x4

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyj812 View Post
You can't pin this one on me, my wife is still mad at me. I don't need your wife mad at me too. LOL
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2LZ View Post
Disclaimer: The above post by 2LZ is in no way the view of this site, other members or Bruce's llama. It is the opinion of 2LZ and 2LZ alone. ;-)

Old 09-07-2016, 02:42 PM   #172

Well there's your problem

So I finally found out why the Chain Guide was taking so much damage and why our Bashan would make strange and evil noises every so often

Guess who put a "hex head" bolt in a place where a "button head" screw/bolt was supposed to go...

That's right... just some more of "Manny" and his wonderful "Professionally Assembled Floor Model" problems to deal with...

Over time the chain decided it wanted to eat the bolt... grab onto it... and rip it out the swing arm... it would also rattle up and down causing premature wear on the chain and guide

Oh well, the fix shouldn't cost too much and will be easy , I can remove the old swing arm and drill/tap for a bigger bolt... or I will probably just buy a new swing arm and other parts, or a few chain rollers and build a custom bracket for them

Time to take several measurements and see if the CSC TT250 Swing Arm and all those sub parts will fit on my Bashan 200...

Other than buying a new swing arm in the near future... I am ordering a few 31mm Chain Rollers and will make a system of 3 rollers to keep my oh so nice Unibear chain from eating the Swing Arm
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCN5256.jpg (67.5 KB, 175 views)
File Type: jpg DSCN5255.jpg (50.4 KB, 177 views)

Old 09-19-2016, 08:26 PM   #173

Finished my Chain Roller project ... the pics show how bad the bike needs a wash

Oh well, at least we can ride the China Bike again
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCN5278.jpg (36.0 KB, 165 views)
File Type: jpg DSCN5279.jpg (60.9 KB, 164 views)

Old 09-19-2016, 10:39 PM   #174

Dirt is character, or at least that is how I justify holding off on washing mine...

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 09-20-2016, 10:49 AM   #175

I know I'm in the vast MINORITY here but I wash all of my bikes (if I get them dirty), garden tools, hand tools, mowers, weedeaters, garden tractor and completely service my chainsaws and store them all lubed, adjusted, and clean after almost every use, so whatever I need is brand new and ready when I need it next time. I hate people like me. ;-)
I really think this habit has to do with scraping together and hiding pennies around everything my X-wife was taking at the time, to be able to buy this stuff. I literally bought one chainsaw with side work, and collected aluminum cans and bottles. She couldn't take those! ;-)

2007 Suzuki DRZ400S (SM convert)
2009 Q Link XP 200
1967 BSA B25 250cc Starfire
2022 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650
2023 Royal Enfield Scram 411
1948 Royal Enfield Model G 350

Old 09-20-2016, 11:17 AM   #176

There's a reason I buy things like "Subaru, Jeep, Kawasaki, Chinese Dual Sports, Honda, etc."... if it's not scratched, dented, dirty, or muddy with a few broken/missing pieces... I haven't been using it right

It really does need a cleaning... it's been a few rides and a month or two without a good wash with an oil bath to finish

Old 10-27-2016, 09:39 PM   #177

Chain roller was too loud for me, I kept looking around thinking something was about to go wrong on the bike/engine/transmission... took it off and slapped this on, problem "solved"

As you can probably see in the "fitment/clearance test picture" I still need to buy a longer "button head" style bolt, only thing I had on hand that was long enough was a 100mm threaded rod... the pic angle makes the rod/nut look a lot closer to the chain then it really is... going to ride the bike to the "nearest" hardware store (about 50 miles) tomorrow and pick up what I need to finish the project

Shouldn't need another chain slide/guide for the life of the bike after this
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCN5324.jpg (65.0 KB, 144 views)

Old 10-27-2016, 10:17 PM   #178

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azhule View Post
Chain roller was too loud for me, I kept looking around thinking something was about to go wrong on the bike/engine/transmission... took it off and slapped this on, problem "solved"

As you can probably see in the "fitment/clearance test picture" I still need to buy a longer "button head" style bolt, only thing I had on hand that was long enough was a 100mm threaded rod... the pic angle makes the rod/nut look a lot closer to the chain then it really is... going to ride the bike to the "nearest" hardware store (about 50 miles) tomorrow and pick up what I need to finish the project

Shouldn't need another chain slide/guide for the life of the bike after this
Those used to be called "stove bolts" back in the day.

Old 10-28-2016, 11:33 AM   #179

Azhule, is that a piece of UHMW?

Old 10-28-2016, 01:41 PM   #180

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weldangrind View Post
Azhule, is that a piece of UHMW?
What is UHMW?