Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > Dealer & Distributor Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-11-2008, 08:30 AM   #181

Quote:
Originally Posted by katoranger
Quote:
Originally Posted by kczukiman
Does anyone know if Ohio laws say that you can't ship a bike in a crate?
I have seen this guy selling on ebay and he is in Ohio.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/NEW-2...QQcmdZViewItem
. It is illegal for a dealer to sell an unprepped crated motorcycle off site in OH.

Allen
Thats what I thought I read.

Old 04-11-2008, 08:44 AM   #182

Bruce is not allowed to drop ship bikes do to OH law. Since he is a legitamate dealer and cares to keep his license he follows the law.

That seller is probably not a license dealer and is registering in his name first and then sending a title to the buyer who has to transfer it to there name.

In a sense selling them a used vehicle.

Allen

Old 04-15-2008, 06:25 PM   #183

Anytime you work in a large volume industry there are always possibilities that errors will occur. We have sold over 30,000 units worldwide and we have had our share of growing pains. We attempt to handle any issue as promptly and professionally as possible.
This particular issue is an interesting case. The client notified us of our shipping mistake. We informed him of our shipping policy, and told him that once the freight truck driver confirmed pickup of the mistakenly shipped unit, we would send him the correct unit. He said that would be fine. We then scheduled the unit for pickup, but once the truck arrived he outright refused to put the bike on the truck.

I am not exactly sure of his motivation, but he was unwilling to work with us on fixing the issue. We explained to him that we once the freight company confirmed it was on the truck, we would expedite him his order. We offered monetary discounts, extended warranties and several other items because we acknowledged we had sent the wrong unit. All he had to do was allow the freight company to pick up the wrong unit and this would all have been fixed.

If you buy a defective item from a store, they are not going to give you your money back until you bring them the item. We were accepting full responsibility for the error and were trying to work with this customer on it, but he refused. We then offered a full refund of the purchase to him. He said he would not trust us to refund the money so he was just going to keep the unit.

There was no malice or ill intent on sending on the wrong Lifan. We had both in inventory and our procurement department sent the wrong unit. We tried countless times to fix the situation, but this particular client seemed unwilling to want to fix it.

I typically avoid posting on boards. We have fans of our company and we have people who don't like us. This can be said about every company in the world. I felt this particular issue needed to be addressed because I was involved personally with this client.

We stand by every purchase from our company and do our best to satisfy our clients. If you ever have any issues or questions about ATVDiscounter.com please feel free to contact me personally @ nathan.barling@atvdiscounter.com or 817.717.7013. I will gladly discuss anything about the company or personally assist in resolving any issues you have with a purchase.

Old 04-15-2008, 08:22 PM   #184

After reading about how long it took you guys to respond to 'Brother Porterz' I was disappointed. It did seem like the classic bait and switch, sorry to say, and I still believe that did occur.

You guys did prove me on one thing--don't trust alot of what's on Ebay! I bought my jetmoto a couple of years ago, but directly from jetmoto.

That said, if I lived in any of the areas where your shop is, I would consider purchasing from you, in person, where I can see the product and touch it, and make a good deal then and there with you guys. It's just the internet I would not consider purchasing a product from you guys.

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 04-15-2008, 10:46 PM   #185

The only thing is this is not the only forum that has had the same issues with ATVD.With the same complaints and the same lack of response from you.And another question.Why would you show a Gy5 in your ebay auction then in a small area say click here for more photos and show a totaly different model?Are you a licensed Lifan dealer?
In you absence is there no one that can make a decision to replace a bike that was shipped wrong?Other common complaints are that phone calls arn't returned,or not answerd.Also it was put to a member that you sell over a million units.(That was you own writing).
I appreciate you coming on this forum to face the music and responding to these issuse.

Old 04-15-2008, 11:54 PM   #186

1. We not only offered to switch out the unit with the correct one, but we offered a discount on the price as well.

The unit that was shipped was a mistake by the shipping department. We are one of the largest online ATV dealers in North America and even then mistakes can happen. When mistakes happen, it is up to us as a company to try to fix them. We attempted to fix our it multiple times but we were unable to come to an agreement with this particular client.

I am not saying everything was handled perfectly with this particular issue, but we did attempt to fix the issue. I honestly wish and solution could have been found that worked for both of us, but in the end the client stated he wanted to keep the unit.

2. We are a licensed dealer for multiple manufacturers. We not only sell units online, but we have brick and mortar stores all throughout Texas.

3. The image links you are referring to is an obvious mistake by the person who handles the images. We have links on the site to let us know if there are errors on the site. I will make sure our development staff fixes the picture problem. If any other errors are found, please email me @ nathan.barling@atvdiscounter.net. We do our best to validate all the information on the site, but occasionally errors exist.

4. We have recently increased our customer service staff to assist with better answering our calls. We have also invested into getting a better business infrastructure in place to assist in providing quick and accurate information to our clients for their orders.

We are still looking for customer service agents in the Dallas/Fort Worth metroplex so if anyone is interested please send me an email.

5. I am not sure who said we have sold a million units because that is completely inaccurate. We have sold about 30,000 units worldwide. We have had a few bumps in the road but our happy customers vastly outweigh the unhappy ones. Sadly, the nature of the internet makes an easy forum for people who are unhappy to quickly post about how bad their experience is. The happy customers tend to only give word of mouth.

A substantial piece of our business is repeat customers or customer referrals. We have been in busy for nearly 5 years and strive to please all of our customers. There will be cases when issues arise where that is next to impossible.

I encourage discussions like this because ATVDiscounter can only fix issues that we know exist. If you have any further questions or comments please don't hesitate to contact me @ any of the information below.

Sincerely,
Nathan Barling
ATVDiscounter.com
817.717.7013(Direct)
email: Nathan.Barling@atvdiscounter.com
online: http://www.atvdiscounter.com

Old 04-17-2008, 12:27 AM   #187

You state that you would have returned his money the instant the driver called you when picking up the bike. That's where you drop the ball. There's no reason that driver couldn't also have exchanged the WRONG bike for the CORRECT bike he PAID for by this same logic. You were forcing him to trust you after all the previous grief. What proof that you would refund his money did you offer? That's what he was worried about. Then he'd have no bike AND no money for up to 4 months if YOU choose.
At least he had something, instead of a promise that could be nothing.

Is this still your shipping policy? Send the wrong bike, say negative things to ebay, only ship the right bike weeks and weeks after the sale? Maybe?

I hope the learning curve we've all seen in this forum reaches you.

Any response?

Old 04-17-2008, 02:16 AM   #188

ATVDiscounter, since you are here defending yourself, could you answer a question please?

How is it that you tell the customer a gy2 is a more expensive bike then a gy5? That is a blatant outright lie.

Old 04-17-2008, 05:12 AM   #189

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim
ATVDiscounter, since you are here defending yourself, could you answer a question please?

How is it that you tell the customer a gy2 is a more expensive bike then a gy5? That is a blatant outright lie.

Actually, you could buy a GY2 with more expensive options then a GY5 all
depending on how the importer orders the bike from China.
2005 TANK Trail 200
2009 Lifan LY110GY-3 (2)

Old 04-17-2008, 06:32 AM   #190

OMG where are the hip waders it's getting deep in here.
(actually it looks like I'll need an air lift out of here)

I have some thoughts and questions that I may or may not post later.

Old 04-17-2008, 08:30 PM   #191

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrhyak
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim

Actually, you could buy a GY2 with more expensive options then a GY5 all
depending on how the importer orders the bike from China.
That is true, but typically, the gy2's are cheaper, and it sounds like they bought old A.L. stock at a discounted price, and A.L. had the gy2's for less then the 5's

Old 04-18-2008, 01:50 AM   #192

iMoose - My finance department offered him a full refund via email multiple times. Any store would not give you the money back on a purchase until the item is back in the store. They are not going to give you the cash in hopes that you to bring the item back at a later date. Once the we had confirmation from the driver the unit was on the truck, the chargeback occurs. This is standard practice in the industry. Anytime a unit is picked up, you are given a receipt of shipment that shows sender and it's destination. This along with the emails from my finance company stating they would give a full refund once the unit was on the truck is all the proof anyone would need.

There was obviously a shipping mistake and we tried to fix the problem. We then offered a full refund, but the client did not want us to do the chargeback. There are other specifics around this issue that I do not feel comfortable speaking about, but I assure you all attempts were made to refund the client's money.

He instead chose to keep the unit. The GY-5 and GY-2 are fantastic units. Anyone would be happy to own either. I truly wish he could have received the unit he originally ordered. I also wish we could have come to a better solution for this particular client, but sadly we weren't. I honestly believe all attempts to fix the situation were offered and subsequently declined.

There are times in business where things don't work out the way both parties intended and this happens to be one of them. I could personally go into far greater detail about this transaction and this client, but I don't believe it is a good business practice to do so. I only posted on the forums to give a more accurate portrayal of the events that happened. I think both of us could have handled the entire ordeal differently, but I stand by our attempts to rectify the situation.

Again, if anyone has any questions please do not hesitate to contact me at any of methods below. Thanks.

Sincerely,
Nathan Barling
ATVDiscounter.com
817.717.7013(Direct)
email: Nathan.Barling@atvdiscounter.com
online: http://www.atvdiscounter.com

Old 04-18-2008, 08:01 AM   #193

New website,nice.Funny thing though,I did`nt see any GY`s in it !! Did you sell all your GY-2`s to people that ordered GY-5`s, and now you have no GY`s???

Old 04-19-2008, 06:38 PM   #194

Timeline anybody?

This Nathan guy isn't aware of us all seeing posts that are completely contradicting him and the timeline he's presenting. Or his wife's emails for that matter. And he/she wasn't willing to put the terms of the refund in writing, just verbally over the phone. Hence the refused pick-up.

Hope everybody in here is witnessing this "business practice".
Another member IN PERSON verified the emails Porter got.

If this guy just admitted they made a mistake and apologised, fine. But trying to cover it up with BS looks even worse. This isn't politics.

And what IS with the new website that doesn't show street legal bikes?
Weird.

Old 04-19-2008, 06:59 PM   #195

Quote:
And what IS with the new website that doesn't show street legal bikes?
maybe its called "duck and cover"