Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > ATVs
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-23-2011, 12:14 AM   #196

wow turned out great jim, congrats.

Old 02-23-2011, 12:41 AM   #197

Thanks

Old 03-03-2011, 07:53 PM   #198

Hey Weld (or others), quick question. How does the headlight work on your beast? I don't mean how bright etc, what I mean is, I expected a difference between high and low beam but I essentially have off and on. I may have hooked the wires up wrong but didn't check further because I don't really intend on using it much.

Old 03-04-2011, 12:00 AM   #199

jim do you think you could make some kind of wire diagram of the head light system ? i am in desperate need of something showing how the stock head lights are wired in.. if ya cant then no worries, i just bought a new pack of main fuses so i can poke and prod wires till the tail lights dim light comes on when i flip the head light switch to the running lights..

Old 03-04-2011, 01:26 AM   #200

The headlights have never worked on my Beast or TurboT's, which is why I bought those tractor lights. That said, I may give the stock lights another try.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 03-04-2011, 02:23 AM   #201

dont want to thread jack but if you did some kind of write up or something on the installation of them i would love to read it. im thinking im going to have to completely wire in a set of fogs seperate of the wire harness and hopefully be able to use the headlight, kill/start switch i bought.. just need it to turn on the running lights and head lights thats it..

Old 03-04-2011, 03:00 AM   #202

They never worked at all? Well I guess I shouldn't expect a high/low beam then and just be happy they turn on with the switch...

Mizke, on my Beast there is 6 wires for the headlight that come out at the front of the wire harness. I believe, and sorry I can't be certain at this time as the Beast is stored at my parents, that they are blue, white and green? I just checked the ebay listing, http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...m=220695059314 they look blue white and green on the headlight side... However they were a different color on the other side, I think black green and blue? I will try to check for sure next time I'm at my parents.

PCD also posted a wiring diagram which MICRider pointed me too here: http://chinariders.net/modules.php?n...&p=83765#83765 though the colors may not match, they didn't for me.

Old 03-04-2011, 09:50 AM   #203

In our case it was a socket problem, but back then I hadn't identified the bulb type. If I can find replacement sockets of higher qiality, I'm sure that the rest of the system will be fine.

You mentioned that your Beast is almost done, Jim. What's left?

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 03-04-2011, 12:12 PM   #204

thanks jim, look like im stuck with just touching the wires together untill i can get the rear brakes running light to turn on.. once i can get that to happen then the actual headlight wires is all i would need to figure out

Old 03-04-2011, 09:51 PM   #205

Weld, I need to retap one of the foot peg bolt locations, and tighten up everything on the front end, as well as check / grease the front wheel bearings. As well as a clutch adjustment and brake adjustment.

Mizke, hope you can get it sorted out.

Old 03-04-2011, 09:56 PM   #206

ya got it figured out tonight, every thing so far with the new switch setup is working perfectly.. only i have yet to test and cannot test untill i get to a point where i feel comfortable firing her up is the kill switch. thats the last peice of the puzzle but if the start button works, and all 4 wires to the headlight switch works.. then the last 4 wires should go together.. but we will see

Old 03-05-2011, 01:34 AM   #207

Jim, is that fine thread tap the correct one for the foot peg mount? Are you going to drill the lower steering sleeve for a zerk?

Old 03-05-2011, 09:59 AM   #208

About he bolt, I haven't looked yet. About the steering, probably, and probably do other recommended repairs.

I forgot, I also need to build a lower guard for the sprocket and disc.

Old 03-05-2011, 06:22 PM   #209

Regarding the headlight, on my Beast both low and high beam work. The difference between the two is negligible though... Plus, the battery on mine dies so quick that I never turn it on

Old 03-05-2011, 06:25 PM   #210

if you want good head lights, a pair of either car fog lights or car driving lights.. they will be as bright as if they where on the car.. with my old friends in lakeway when ever we rode at night, they always wanted me to be the lead quad cuz i used fog lights instead of the stock head lights