Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Adventure Bikes > Zongshen RX3
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-23-2015, 07:42 PM   #2131

Quote:
Originally Posted by thillskier View Post
I'll buy an update, if we need to, Spud. OR I'll buy my share of the 14 days (or whichever we need to track it) if a better deal.

Let me know what you decide. Heck, I'll even go for two and $5.00! Get my mind off a bad day BS kidney infection...! Well worth it! hehe
It costs about $16.00 to track the ship for 14 days. Does anybody else want to join Thillskier and pay for part of the tracking? If several people chip in, I will start tracking the vessel.

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2015 Zongshen ZS250GY-3 (RX3)
2006 Zongshen ZS200GY-2 (Sierra 200)
2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894

Old 02-23-2015, 07:58 PM   #2132

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpudRider View Post
I might be wrong, but I believe that is the Germany's location as on Sunday, February 22, at 10:35 a.m.

I am assuming that is what day and time it is on the other side of the world. Or at least the last time the update to the map is made on that side of the world. I can already see that the ship has moved since I first checked this morning. I am not sure how often the map updates. I am sure it is on the website somewhere.

/

Old 02-23-2015, 08:15 PM   #2133

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weldangrind View Post
You actually pumped 8l into the tank, after riding 85km?
Yup. the 85KM was running on the 1st tank. Now on my 2nd tank. looks like its going to do better.....but we'll see.......the first could be due to the cranky new engine that's hard to go by. But now it's getting better. But still some problems with starting. Sometimes the engine just died on 1st gear idling at the traffic light and it needs a few tries before it gets started. Anyway i will take your advise and twitch the pilot jet and see if it improves.

Old 02-23-2015, 08:16 PM   #2134

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adjuster View Post
I am assuming that is what day and time it is on the other side of the world. Or at least the last time the update to the map is made on that side of the world. I can already see that the ship has moved since I first checked this morning. I am not sure how often the map updates. I am sure it is on the website somewhere.

/
I believe the time recorded is UTC (Universal Time Coordinated) time, which is Greenwich Meridian Time. The last update was Sunday, February 22, at 4:35 p.m. London time. Here in Idaho, London time is 6 hours later than Rocky Mountain Time, since the sun rises in the east. Therefore, at this moment, I believe the last update was 32 hours ago.

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894

Last edited by SpudRider; 04-13-2015 at 10:12 AM.

Old 02-23-2015, 08:19 PM   #2135

Quote:
Originally Posted by FTEY View Post
Yup. the 85KM was running on the 1st tank. Now on my 2nd tank. looks like its going to do better.....but we'll see.......the first could be due to the cranky new engine that's hard to go by. But now it's getting better. But still some problems with starting. Sometimes the engine just died on 1st gear idling at the traffic light and it needs a few tries before it gets started. Anyway i will take your advise and twitch the pilot jet and see if it improves.
I really think you should adjust the pilot mixture screw (PMS) before you change the carburetor jets. Please do start a new thread on this topic in the Dual Sport Forum. If you post photographs of your carburetor, I will help you to identify the location of the PMS. We can also help you find suitable jets, et cetera. You really will get much more help, and much more exposure to your carburetor questions by starting a new thread.

2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Old 02-23-2015, 08:48 PM   #2136

yup.....plan to do that after work today.

Old 02-23-2015, 08:53 PM   #2137
Banned

Maybe..

Spud, help him (offer?) with the thread starting . Maybe he hasn't done that before..
I will, if you want me to..
Believe it or not, A few wks ago, I was hesitant to start a new thread you may recall, re fly and ride back to BAMA.

Old 02-23-2015, 09:01 PM   #2138

Quote:
Yup. Got it in time right before cny. Still breaking in. Feels better compared to the first 2 days of riding. Got mine in Penang. 1st RS3 to be registered in Penang. Where ru from classix_man? Lots of help im getting here from the members.....
I see. I am from KL. Already booked RX3 from Chuan Cycle at Petaling Jaya. Still waiting for the bike to arrived. They have only 3 bike for display only. So I can't test ride the bike

It's good to know you already have yours. Yes, I agree that this site helps us a lot in terms of the bike knowledge for a newbies like me. Also, I follow closely below site:

http://californiascooterco.com/blog/

Studied a lot about this bike. Can't wait to get mine

Old 02-24-2015, 12:33 AM   #2139

Quote:
That's only 25mpg (US). Please let us know if the next tank improves.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 02-24-2015, 01:42 AM   #2140

Quote:
yup.....plan to do that after work today.
If you have problems starting a new thread, please let me know. I will be glad to help you.

2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Old 02-24-2015, 02:26 AM   #2141

Old 02-24-2015, 02:57 AM   #2142

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weldangrind View Post
An excellent point for the FI bikes, but I don't think there will be a pump in FTEY's bike. He could likely run the bike out of fuel without consequence.
i guessed so because my bike comes equipped with a spare lever.
I will take a pic of this later today. Maybe they expect the carb version to run dry..hehe

Old 02-24-2015, 04:18 AM   #2143

Send a message via Skype™ to jezzrite
Greetings everyone. I'm Jay from Malaysia, specifically the eastern part (Borneo).

I already paid down payment for this gorgeous RS3 (yeah, Malaysia distributor KTN changed it from RX3 to RS3...but I prefer RX3). Hopefully will get the bike after 10th of March, because it will take some time for it to be shipped from Johor to Kota Kinabalu.

Apparently, I will be the first one here (Borneo) to ride it. Hehe.

Okay, here comes the questions.

I sent an email to CSC (because I'm unable to contact Malaysia distributor, which is KTN, and even their website doesn't show email address, and Joe Berk seems to be a nice dude , asking about the swapping/change of the rear wheel from 15 to 17.

The answer that I get was from Steve (I believe Joe said it somewhere in CSC blog that he's the CEO, basically making him The Man. If it's true, thank you very much Steve!)

Steve said something about the rear hub, about it being solid or cush hub. Frankly, I have no idea about the technicality of wheels, and how to change one.

I also referred to http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=14104, and would like to summarize this wheel-changing thingie from my view (which is, very non-expert).

So people, please, bear with me, and do correct me when I'm wrong or spurring out nonsenses.

1) In order for me to change the wheel from 15 to 17 using the stock hub, I would have to:-

a) Check the type of hub on the rear wheel (cannot check it, since haven't received the bike yet)

b) Find a sprocket that can fit the hub that still have the same numbers of tooth in order to maintain the final drive ratio.

c) Find my self a shiny new wheel.

2) Can any 17 rear wheel be fitted with any tyres? I mean, if I want to fit 130/90-17, and decided later to change to 130/70-17, I don't suppose that I have to change the wheel too, do I?

It's hard enough to find the non-existent 15 DS rear tyre in Malaysia. I'm hoping the change from 15 to 17 wheel is not that hard.

Thank you very much for reading, and replying.

Old 02-24-2015, 08:13 AM   #2144
Banned

There ya go, FTEY!

you're da man! This should help him get his bike and especially mpg and carb issues fixed straightaway, and in short order!
Let me know if I can help in anyway, also.

Thats one of the things that I'm REALLY enjoying with this bike purchase and ownership experience. Even before MY delivery, I am learning and being helped through others experiences and by helping others in other markets with their issues where I have some experience. I'm not sure why, ON THIS BIKE, it seems that people are more "old school" types, and are generous and forthcoming with offers to help fellow owners musch more than on ANY other forum I've been a part of. Also the almost TOTAL lack of negativity, internet trolls and trollers, and the general attitude of
"We're all in this together" as fellow owners, "Brothers of Zong", if you will! hehe

Thats VERY, VERY unusual in my experience, but also, very very refreshing, useful, and really puts a smile on my face every time I come to this thread/site!! Obviously there are others with a similar opinion/experiences, as the popularity of the thread and thus the site, is really becoming an internet sensation and HUGE "hit" re numbers involved and watching and following (reading) it! Great job, Spud, and Quadz (the owner)!
THANK YOU!!

Old 02-24-2015, 09:27 AM   #2145

As of one hour ago, the Hanjin Germany was sailing northeast at 13 knots, about to enter the Tsugaru Strait which separates the Japanese islands of Hokkaido and Honshu.

After passing through the strait, the Germany will leave the Japan Sea and enter the main body of the Pacific Ocean. Here is a view of the north island of Hokkaido from the ship's current position, courtesy of Google Earth.

Here is a photograph of the main Japanese island, Honshu, from the ship's current position.

2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220