Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > New Member Introductions
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-20-2012, 01:30 PM   #16

I hope your CBT goes well on Saturday, Toby. Please keep us updated regarding your training, and the arrival of your motorcycle!

Spud

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2015 Zongshen ZS250GY-3 (RX3)
2006 Zongshen ZS200GY-2 (Sierra 200)
2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894

Old 06-21-2012, 08:41 AM   #17

that sure is a good looking bike, mate! (when she arrives)

Old 06-23-2012, 12:03 PM   #18

Thanks very much zing!

Did my CBT today and passed no problems so just waiting on the bike now! Monday or Tuesday so I'm told cannot wait!

Old 06-23-2012, 01:27 PM   #19

Lexmoto are another Qingqi/Pioneer product like the Pulse and Apache? However, most of these bikes come with Suzuki-cloned engines; your engine, if it is Yamaha-cloned, must be derived from one of the Yamaha joint venture companies? Darn, now I have to research lexmoto!!

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 06-23-2012, 01:42 PM   #20

OK, Toby, here is a video to tide yourself over

TGB Delivery Scooter 150

Old 06-23-2012, 02:35 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by TobySLM
Thanks very much zing!

Did my CBT today and passed no problems so just waiting on the bike now! Monday or Tuesday so I'm told cannot wait!
Congratulations!

You will be a very popular man on these forums if you take lots of photographs of the bike arriving, and the subsequent assembly of the motorcycle. We love photographs.

Spud

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894

Old 06-23-2012, 02:47 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by culcune
OK, Toby, here is a video to tide yourself over

Thanks for posting the link to the nice video, Culcune.

That is a nice looking motorcycle, Toby. The saddle looks pretty comfortable in the video, and the Yamaha motor seems to run great! I don't know if the YBR125 is still being sold in the U.K., but the engine it is still a recent design, and Yamaha engine parts should be readily available and very reasonably priced! I think you made a very wise choice purchasing this motorcycle. Please post lots of photographs when the bike arrives!

Spud

2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Old 06-24-2012, 11:24 AM   #23

@culcune, if you look at the Lexmoto and Pulse website they are the same, so I assume they are the same company. I've not heard of Qingqi or Pioneer in the UK but I'm sure they exist as there's hundreds of Chinese importers.

It's definitely a Yamaha clone, the same as the YBR125, I also need to research more into the company.

Spotted that video a week or so ago He does brilliant reviews of Chinese bikes

@spud I will have plenty of pictures for you either tomorrow or Tuesday don't worry

The YBR125 certainly is still sold as I did my CBT on one yesterday which was registered 2011. Also very handy as it's the engine I'll be riding in the future.

Toby

Old 06-24-2012, 02:33 PM   #24

Quote:
...I will have plenty of pictures for you either tomorrow or Tuesday don't worry

The YBR125 certainly is still sold as I did my CBT on one yesterday which was registered 2011. Also very handy as it's the engine I'll be riding in the future.

Toby
We eagerly await your photos, Toby. Are you buying your bike assembled from a dealer, or unassembled in a crate? If the bike is arriving in a crate, please take lots of photographs of the crate's arrival, and the assembly of the motorcycle.

Most Chinese motorcycles employ copies of old Honda engines, which are no longer being manufactured. I consider myself very fortunate my Zongshen 200GY-2 employs a well manufactured, faithful copy of the currently manufactured, Yamaha TW200 engine. Up to this point I believed my Chinese motorcycle was unique in this regard. However, you are similarly fortunate, for your LSM 125 motorcycle also seems to employ a faithful copy of a currently manufactured, Yamaha engine.

I have now ridden almost 49,000 miles (80,000 kms) with my 196cc, Zongshen engine. I am greatly comforted to know I can easily purchase Yamaha parts to repair my engine now, and in the future. If your engine proves to be a faithfuly copy of the Yamaha YBR125 engine, you will be similarly fortunate.

Spud

2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Old 06-24-2012, 02:48 PM   #25

Quote:
@culcune, if you look at the Lexmoto and Pulse website they are the same, so I assume they are the same company. I've not heard of Qingqi or Pioneer in the UK but I'm sure they exist as there's hundreds of Chinese importers.

Spotted that video a week or so ago He does brilliant reviews of Chinese bikes
I noticed the connection on Lexmoto's site. Qingqi and Pioneer are the OEMs for many enduros around the world including the Pulse and Appache found in the UK. They usually do not brand their own bikes, but you have seen them.

The guy who does the videos is a good resource for bikes since he works at a bike shop. I think all the UK based riders on chinariders should track him down in case you have questions or need parts!

TGB Delivery Scooter 150

Old 06-24-2012, 08:22 PM   #26

Bike is from a dealer so I assume it's pre assembled as its had a pdi check also. However if it's not assembled there will be pictures

Yeh I really liked the Yamaha I used for my cbt so I'm chuffed. I think the pulse uses a Honda engine so it does seem strange mines a Yamaha..must be good bikes if they are used for training all across the uk!

Your bike is lovely, hope mine will offer me many happy miles, I'll be sure to keep it running sweet as possible.

@calcune, I'll contact him over YouTube as he has a very active channel from what I've seen, however cmpo have a fantastic range of lexmoto parts

Anyway...1:30am and I need to get up to accept the delivery if it comes! Night all

Old 06-27-2012, 04:46 PM   #27

Ok so we have good news and bad news...bike arrived two days ago and it's bloody lovely, started instantly, drove perfectly and looks a treat! However I was on the road today on a very slow tight bend in the woods and I dropped it!! Snapping the shaft from the gear pedal to the gearbox, the selector I assume. Ordered a new shaft for £25 off cmpo and getting it sorted early next week hopefully! Been a right miserable bugger all afternoon!

I'll post some pictures tomorrow evening

Old 06-27-2012, 05:05 PM   #28

I'm sorry to hear you dropped the bike, Toby. However, such is the life of a dual sport motorcycle. Does you shift lever have a folding tip? If not, I suggest you get one. We eagerly await your photos!

Spud

2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Old 06-27-2012, 05:12 PM   #29

Sorry to hear about that one.

A common thing guys used to do in the old days (When did I get old? I'm still trying to figure that out) is do drill the shifter lever in a couple of spots to weaken it so it would bend or fail rather than damaging anything more important and expensive.

Old 07-04-2012, 05:49 AM   #30

@SpudRider, It does have a folding tip but sadly it took the entire weight of the bike! (also very fortunate as I don't have a single scratch on the bike )

@FastDoc That does sound like a good idea, may look into that when it gets back from the garage today or tomorrow.

Just a couple of photos from when I first got the bike..

These two of the bike when it arrived

This was the bikes maiden voyage with my dad and his BMW 1150RT to a small seaside town near me called Dawlish

I'll get some more pictures in the next few weeks hopefully, but currently the weather is constant rain plus I'm off on a "lads holiday" to Magaluf on friday..so wish me luck.