Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > ATVs
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-12-2011, 02:23 PM   #16

Send a message via MSN to DigitalRemix Send a message via Yahoo to DigitalRemix
Quote:
Originally Posted by mizke
gio's stuff is better made and ya i think they are china quads and bikes..

i was in the same boat as you, my quad is a kayak kn200st2 i though i was screwed for replacement parts and upgrades untill i found this site and start comparing my quad to the beast and thats when i found it that my quad is the exact same as a gio beast
I just want to make this bike have a crap load of aftermarket parts because all of the stuff that came with it is not that good quality so I'm just trying to see what fit and what doesn't

Old 04-12-2011, 05:52 PM   #17

there isnt much in the way of performance parts, but things like handle bars, grips, levers, mufflers, wheels, tires are about the only upgrades

Old 04-12-2011, 08:05 PM   #18

Quote:
there isnt much in the way of performance parts, but things like handle bars, grips, levers, mufflers, wheels, tires are about the only upgrades
I measured the front wheels and I got

4/100

and the back were 4/110 Like you said, you know any websites with nice looking rims and tires that fit those measurements? thanks

Old 04-12-2011, 08:33 PM   #19

4x100 is a common pattern too. Check the larger atvs.

Old 04-13-2011, 01:40 AM   #20

go to the link in my rear wheel replacement options thread, in another tab or window open up rockymountainatvmc.com.. scroll on the page about the wheels untill you see a a name brand model that runs the same bolt pattern.. then on the rockymountainatvmc.com site do a search by those years. when the search finishes scroll all the way down to the bottem of the page and it will have all the rims they have for that year model..

might i recommend the 08-09 kfx450r wheels found here.. i think these are snazzy wheels and i love the bead lock look..

http://www.rockymountainatvmc.com/pr...5=49&sizeAttr=

also wheel spacers ment for a brand name year model quad that runs the same bolt pattern as your quad can be used as well... you might have to do a little tweaking if they cant be bolt right on and used..

Old 04-14-2011, 03:56 PM   #21

Quote:
gio's stuff is better made and ya i think they are china quads and bikes..

i was in the same boat as you, my quad is a kayak kn200st2 i though i was screwed for replacement parts and upgrades untill i found this site and start comparing my quad to the beast and thats when i found it that my quad is the exact same as a gio beast
Man, I never thought buying a chinese quad would be so difficult, I mean it runs, but it does sound like its over revving alot.... We just ordered the new chain and sprocket and replaced the spark plug with a new NGK one... any other ideas?

Old 05-01-2011, 04:32 PM   #22

i just changed the gas from regular to mid grade and the atv runs faster i can't believe how changing the gas improved performance alot!

Old 05-01-2011, 10:21 PM   #23

That's good news! Could it be that the gas you drained out was old?

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 05-02-2011, 01:32 PM   #24

No honestly we used regular alot and then i decided to go to the gas station and switch to mid grade when we ran out of gas

Old 05-03-2011, 04:42 AM   #25

a buddy suggested i try the high grade fuel 93 octane.. night and day difference.. seriously night and day in the way it idled and ran.. the idle was smoother and consistant, had a little bit more power.. just over all smoother, i wont run anything but 93 octane..

dont quote me on this as im not 100 percent on my facts but i think most high performance atv's and dirtbikes are supposed to have high octance fuel ran through them.. i know turbo, supercharged and nos fed cars all run off 93 octane gas... if you put the lower cheapy stuff in it, it will not run properly and will knock like a sales man during dinner time..

Old 05-04-2011, 10:24 PM   #26

Quote:
a buddy suggested i try the high grade fuel 93 octane.. night and day difference.. seriously night and day in the way it idled and ran.. the idle was smoother and consistant, had a little bit more power.. just over all smoother, i wont run anything but 93 octane..

dont quote me on this as im not 100 percent on my facts but i think most high performance atv's and dirtbikes are supposed to have high octance fuel ran through them.. i know turbo, supercharged and nos fed cars all run off 93 octane gas... if you put the lower cheapy stuff in it, it will not run properly and will knock like a sales man during dinner time..
We just ran out of mid grade a bought 93 octane gas and it is running smoothly and it sounds tougher and louder!