Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Pit/Pocket Bikes & Scooters
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-04-2019, 07:59 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by daved912 View Post
I'll give that a try. I'm pretty close to sea level, so I don't think altitude is a factor. While waiting for the neighbors to wake up, I decided to check the fuel screw. On the 22mm Mikuni clone, I expected it to be on the underside of the carb, but there is no screw... is this "normal"?
The stock carb needs the removal of the screws and brass bung - Motocheeze has a couple vids and there is a link to a "Hawk 250 Shen Wey Keihin PZ30 style carb tune and sprocket set Fits many bikes" https://www.ebay.com/itm/303210680840

on eBay that would suit this stock Carb.

Old 07-04-2019, 08:02 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtbkr188 View Post
If you haven't picked up a tunable carb yet, you might want to consider THIS KIT from T-BoltUSA. He is just across the Delaware River in Fairless Hills, PA, you'll probably have it in two days.
BTW, I run the 93 octane WaWa Ultimate gasoline in all my bikes, from a 50cc stocker to a '91 H-D RoadSofa, with no issues at all. It's less than $20 to fill a 5-gallon can.
The VM22 Carb - what model carb do you have now?
What engine is in this bike?

Old 07-30-2019, 08:39 AM   #18

The replacement carb is a Mikuni VM22 clone. The engine is a 125cc. This carb is much better than the original since everything is screwed together and I can take it all apart. Bike is running fine now. My first mod will be the seat - it's hard as a rock! Thanks to all those that helped me along the way.