Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-06-2010, 12:12 AM   #16

Send a message via AIM to ErT
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpudRider
Welcome to these forums, Ert; we are glad you joined us! If you have time, please post some photographs of your bike. We love photos, and the photographs will help us identify the model of your motorcycle.

Spud
i was looking on roketas site and most of the bikes that look like the one i have say they have speed limiters.. thats like a governor im guessing.. any clue if you can take it off?

Old 06-06-2010, 01:35 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErT
Quote:
Welcome to these forums, Ert; we are glad you joined us! If you have time, please post some photographs of your bike. We love photos, and the photographs will help us identify the model of your motorcycle.
Spud
i was looking on roketas site and most of the bikes that look like the one i have say they have speed limiters.. thats like a governor im guessing.. any clue if you can take it off?
If I may ask, where did you see any information regarding speed limiters? I have not seen that information at the Roketa website. :? If the CDI unit has a rev limiter, you can bypass it with a "performance" CDI unit. However, I would be reluctant to bypass the rev limitier, myself.

Spud

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2015 Zongshen ZS250GY-3 (RX3)
2006 Zongshen ZS200GY-2 (Sierra 200)
2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894

Old 06-06-2010, 02:15 AM   #18

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ErT
Quote:
Spud
If I may ask, where did you see any information regarding speed limiters? I have not seen that information at the Roketa website. :? If the CDI unit has a rev limiter, you can bypass it with a "performance" CDI unit. However, I would be reluctant to bypass the rev limitier, myself.

Spud
its on this page in the tables of specs http://www.roketa.com/product/7/0/255.shtml .. this looks just like my bike still trying to get a cam to get pics..

Old 06-06-2010, 02:33 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErT
Quote:
Spud
its on this page in the tables of specs http://www.roketa.com/product/7/0/255.shtml .. this looks just like my bike still trying to get a cam to get pics..
Thank you, Ert; I found the information. We look forward to viewing your photos.

Spud

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2015 Zongshen ZS250GY-3 (RX3)
2006 Zongshen ZS200GY-2 (Sierra 200)
2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894

Old 06-06-2010, 03:18 AM   #20

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ErT
Quote:
Spud
Thank you, Ert; I found the information. We look forward to viewing your photos.

Spud
no problem.. i wonder where it would be located and what would happen if i took it out? also still not sure what kind of sprocket to get might take it up to the honda dealership and have them take a look and see if they have anything that would work.. and also, just remembered earlier when i bought it the previous owner said theyre was a leak from the petcock valve just looked earlier and looks like he totally removed it.. could this be leaking gas or is it bad to not have the valve.. sorry dont know much bout bikes just how to ride lol

Old 06-06-2010, 08:18 AM   #21

Here's a link for sprockets that fit these lifanoid bikes . also theres a chart there , so you can compare what you have now . http://www.jtsprockets.com/52.0.html...el_uid=4735&p= i'd also like to know in relation to the speed limiter ,how many rpms your bike is revving now . My current gear combo is 17 front 49 rear 65mph about 7000 rpm .

Old 06-06-2010, 01:11 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by recracer
Here's a link for sprockets that fit these lifanoid bikes . also theres a chart there , so you can compare what you have now . http://www.jtsprockets.com/52.0.html...el_uid=4735&p= i'd also like to know in relation to the speed limiter ,how many rpms your bike is revving now . My current gear combo is 17 front 49 rear 65mph about 7000 rpm .
im not too sure i just got the bike and i dont know much about them just how to ride lol i know its lame.. but im pretty sure this is the owners manual for the bike i have and it says output max/7500 rpm and torque max/6500 rpms... also it says 1st gear - 2.909 - 2nd gear - 1.867 - 3rd gear - 1.389 - 4th gear - 1.150 - 5th gear - 0.955.... then says transmission ratio of sprocket - 2.706(3.294) .... idk if that answers your question or what... and to match sprockets would i just match up those gear numbers or somethin?? but heres the owners manual.. http://store.oohla.com/storefiles/te...ry/255/sms.pdf

Old 06-06-2010, 01:33 PM   #23

we would need you to count the teeth on your front and rear sprockets to know for sure what you currently have . does your bike have tach on it ? how fast does it go now ? and what are the rpms on the tach while at that speed in 5th gear ? my bike had 17 tooth front and 56 tooth rear spocket and was at 8000 rpms at 60 mph by the bikes speedometer

Old 06-06-2010, 01:52 PM   #24

Quote:
we would need you to count the teeth on your front and rear sprockets to know for sure what you currently have . does your bike have tach on it ? how fast does it go now ? and what are the rpms on the tach while at that speed in 5th gear ? my bike had 17 tooth front and 56 tooth rear spocket and was at 8000 rpms at 60 mph by the bikes speedometer
ok ill count the teeth just took her out and washed it so ill go out and try to get a count.. pretty sure its still the stock sprockets so im guessing its the 56 rear... heard they come stock more for offroading than street.. but no tach, only has speedometer.. right now ive only taken it up to like 50ish because higher than 40 mph and the engines sounds like its running pretty hard and starts gettin a little shakey so i didnt wanna max her out and run the engine real hard.. any other way to get the rpms in 5th without a tach?

Old 06-06-2010, 02:00 PM   #25

Quote:
just counted and theres 56 or 57 teeth in rear.. didnt count the front yet cause i havent taken off the parts to get to it..

Old 06-06-2010, 02:47 PM   #26

You may not need to take the cover off to count the front . If u can see it , mark one tooth with white out raise the rear wheel off the ground and rotate the wheel while counting till you get back to the mark . hope this helps .

Old 06-06-2010, 03:40 PM   #27

Quote:
You may not need to take the cover off to count the front . If u can see it , mark one tooth with white out raise the rear wheel off the ground and rotate the wheel while counting till you get back to the mark . hope this helps .
thanks

Old 06-06-2010, 10:28 PM   #28

Some one said that it was common on those to to have difficulty finding neutral, I have had two of those and both were flawless transmissions. I bought them used and sold them both.

Old 06-07-2010, 12:58 AM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealWorld
Some one said that it was common on those to to have difficulty finding neutral, I have had two of those and both were flawless transmissions. I bought them used and sold them both.
i have had no trouble with that issue yet

Old 06-07-2010, 01:41 PM   #30

Quote:

Spud
i got a couple pictures with a shitty cam for now.. http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/inde...lbumID=2862422