Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-04-2021, 08:27 AM   #16

I was reading your initial post last night, and I thought it sounded like a needle shape issue. Is your needle more blunt on the end or more tapered and smooth to a point? I ask because I am currently running a genuine Mikuni VM26-8074 and that carb comes stock with a relatively blunt needle and mine does the exact same thing as yours.

Old 06-05-2021, 09:43 PM   #17

Its has sort of a double taper. It is actually really thin with a needle like point and tapers very gradually for maybe 1/2" then taper changes abruptly and gets fat quickly. The taper is what I think causes the issue as well. =====>--- best I can describe it with keyboard lol. I have been experimenting with intakes and I imagine the vacuum on the carb is a main contribution to it as some setups don't cause the issue but the intake I want to use because it fits best does it. I am going to swap from the angled nibbi k&n style air filter to a direct on carb Uni filter and see if it helps. I think the unifilter will fit even better but unsure how it will affect the running. Got it on and fits great but no time to ride