Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-23-2010, 11:41 AM   #16

Does it have an engraved logo on the end cap?

http://www.yoshimura-rd.com/Video/Pi..._Road/RS3.html

You got real good price Bennel and many will think you paid top dollar for that pipe...wonder what it will sound like?

Old 09-24-2010, 04:53 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oengus
Does it have an engraved logo on the end cap?

http://www.yoshimura-rd.com/Video/Pi..._Road/RS3.html

You got real good price Bennel and many will think you paid top dollar for that pipe...wonder what it will sound like?
doesnt have an engraved end cap sadly but boy does it sound good, finally managed to get it fitted along with some other peices, the exhaust is mad loud and i mean it, sounds like a tank! nice deep tone like a proper 4stroke supermoto, got abit picture happy but more the better sadly i could only get a 3sec vid due to the time and loudness, in the video you cant make out how loud it actually is but when i get time ill be getting a proper vid with me riding etc, the other things are footpeg bobbins and fairing bobbins, saves my parts if i crash :P

Old 09-24-2010, 04:55 PM   #18

forgot to say this is a MOCK UP fitment only, ill be geting it welded and extended, possibly even a duel exhaust once i get my 150cc kit

Old 09-24-2010, 11:03 PM   #19

The muffler looks great! Does it have rivets, or bolts securing the end caps? Whether it has rivets, or bolts, the cannister should be very easy to repack.

Spud

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2015 Zongshen ZS250GY-3 (RX3)
2006 Zongshen ZS200GY-2 (Sierra 200)
2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894

Old 09-25-2010, 10:12 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpudRider
The muffler looks great! Does it have rivets, or bolts securing the end caps? Whether it has rivets, or bolts, the cannister should be very easy to repack.

Spud
has rivets dude, im thinking of getting orange ones to match my colour theme, heres a better video of me riding just waiting to get a helmet cam to get a long vid of me driving, i think youll get what i mean by LOUD when you watch the vid, its about as loud as a ktm600 with twins!! sounds beautiful!

HAVING PROBLEMS WITH VID, ILL UPLOAD ASAP!

Old 09-25-2010, 11:02 AM   #21

do a full throttle run for 30 seconds, then turn the bike off with the key do not let it go back to idle. pull the plug and check its color, odds are unless its jetted rich in stock form you will need to bump the main up 2 sizes, if you do a intake plan on bumping the main up 2 more sizes and upping the pilot jet a size or 2..

get the bike warmed up, and then roll on to the throttle slowly while driving it. if you get any kind of rapid back firing sounds, hesitation, anything out of the normal from when it was stock. knowing where the sound changes in the throttle range will tell you where you need to make adjustments..

i just upped my pilot jet from a 20 to a 22.5 since the shop i go to was out of the 25 sized pilots and the 110 mains. it cut my rapid back firing sound at 1/4 throttle in half of what it was. so i still need to up it to a full 25 pilot jet and then since my intake is free flowing and i have a fmf pipe i need to up the main from a 100 to a 110

Old 09-25-2010, 04:42 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by mizke
do a full throttle run for 30 seconds, then turn the bike off with the key do not let it go back to idle. pull the plug and check its color, odds are unless its jetted rich in stock form you will need to bump the main up 2 sizes, if you do a intake plan on bumping the main up 2 more sizes and upping the pilot jet a size or 2..

get the bike warmed up, and then roll on to the throttle slowly while driving it. if you get any kind of rapid back firing sounds, hesitation, anything out of the normal from when it was stock. knowing where the sound changes in the throttle range will tell you where you need to make adjustments..

i just upped my pilot jet from a 20 to a 22.5 since the shop i go to was out of the 25 sized pilots and the 110 mains. it cut my rapid back firing sound at 1/4 throttle in half of what it was. so i still need to up it to a full 25 pilot jet and then since my intake is free flowing and i have a fmf pipe i need to up the main from a 100 to a 110
i originally had a 95main which i bumped up to 100 with this exhaust, need to richen the air/fuel screw a little and i think itll be sorted, runs fine as it is just between closed and 1/4 throttle its a little hesitant which will be sorted when i richen it up

Old 09-25-2010, 08:38 PM   #23

Do you need to increase the slow jet? Maybe by the same amount?

Old 09-25-2010, 10:31 PM   #24

ya i think your pilot needs to be upped some, the mixture screw is to adjust how the revs come off idle irrc. like if you blip the throttle and bogs or hesitates you would play with the mixture screw to smooth it out..

jets are cheap id up the pilot jet a size and see how it changes, i fyou have to order jets id vote to go ahead and order 2 pilot jets 1 and 2 sizes larger. also if you plan to open the intake up id go ahead and order a 102.5 main jet and maybe a 105 as well.

you really should do the wot test to make sure your jetting is good on the top end. last thing you want is for it to be lean to the point of doing damage down the road..

Old 09-26-2010, 04:32 AM   #25

Quote:
ya i think your pilot needs to be upped some, the mixture screw is to adjust how the revs come off idle irrc. like if you blip the throttle and bogs or hesitates you would play with the mixture screw to smooth it out..

jets are cheap id up the pilot jet a size and see how it changes, i fyou have to order jets id vote to go ahead and order 2 pilot jets 1 and 2 sizes larger. also if you plan to open the intake up id go ahead and order a 102.5 main jet and maybe a 105 as well.

you really should do the wot test to make sure your jetting is good on the top end. last thing you want is for it to be lean to the point of doing damage down the road..
yea true mate, ill get next two sizes up for each circuit and see which works best, ill do a WOT test next time i get on her, i know which main jet this carb takes but i dont have a clue about the pilot/slow, im used to workingt on vm26 and molkt carbs which use the same jets

Old 09-26-2010, 05:08 AM   #26

http://www.rockymountainatvmc.com/ty...54&webCatId=16

mikuni and keihin jets, just match up the measurments.. or go to a local motorcycle or dirtbike store they should be able to match them up.. worset case you might have to do what i did.. i switched from a very poor knock keihin that came with my quad to a mikuni due to my pilot not being any kind i was able to find to buy a bigger size for.. now that i have mikuni, jets are very easy to find local and i know what to order online..

rule of thumb from what i have been told is for the exhaust 2 sizes larger on the main is a good place to start. then for the intake add another 2 sizes larger on the main. so for intake and exhaust up the main 4 sizes as a starting point.. doing both the intake and exhaust you might have to open the pilot up 1 size for the intake and 1 size for the exhaust..

also if you do the intake might as well go ahead and drop the clip on the needle dop a notch.. as you know do intake and exhaust upgrades you have to supply more fuel to match the larger volume of air that is being sucked in..

when i did my fmf pipe well before i did, my intake didnt hiss at idle, it was not sucking in that much air.. after the fmf pipe was installed it hiss loudly at idle. id say a good double the air is being sucked in..

Old 09-26-2010, 05:49 PM   #27

Quote:
http://www.rockymountainatvmc.com/ty...54&webCatId=16

mikuni and keihin jets, just match up the measurments.. or go to a local motorcycle or dirtbike store they should be able to match them up.. worset case you might have to do what i did.. i switched from a very poor knock keihin that came with my quad to a mikuni due to my pilot not being any kind i was able to find to buy a bigger size for.. now that i have mikuni, jets are very easy to find local and i know what to order online..

rule of thumb from what i have been told is for the exhaust 2 sizes larger on the main is a good place to start. then for the intake add another 2 sizes larger on the main. so for intake and exhaust up the main 4 sizes as a starting point.. doing both the intake and exhaust you might have to open the pilot up 1 size for the intake and 1 size for the exhaust..

also if you do the intake might as well go ahead and drop the clip on the needle dop a notch.. as you know do intake and exhaust upgrades you have to supply more fuel to match the larger volume of air that is being sucked in..

when i did my fmf pipe well before i did, my intake didnt hiss at idle, it was not sucking in that much air.. after the fmf pipe was installed it hiss loudly at idle. id say a good double the air is being sucked in..
thanks for the useful info mate, setting up carbs has always been my weak point and i tend to avoid it as much as i can, that info will help me out alot and hopefully able me to get my jetting spot on, thanks again

Old 09-26-2010, 07:23 PM   #28

no problem, i still havent mastered jetting. but im in the ball park, if you go to the atv section and search for a thread i made called " carb jetting instructions" it has a link to a website that has a very awsome write up on exactly what each jet and needle in a carb does, and where it comes into play according to throttle position..

Old 09-27-2010, 06:23 PM   #29

Quote:
no problem, i still havent mastered jetting. but im in the ball park, if you go to the atv section and search for a thread i made called " carb jetting instructions" it has a link to a website that has a very awsome write up on exactly what each jet and needle in a carb does, and where it comes into play according to throttle position..
no look finding it :( (on the carb pz26 aka vm22) that comes standard with the 125 qingqi sm which way is to richen the mixture on the air/fuel mixture screw,

cheers

Old 09-27-2010, 07:53 PM   #30

http://www.pjmotorsports.com/mikuni-...ot/slow%20jets