Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > Riding > Ride Reports
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-28-2013, 04:08 PM   #16

Just caught this thread.

Good on you, I will make a donation.

Love the bike.

You make me feel like a sluggard for not riding my bicycle more than the few times a week I do.

Old 05-28-2013, 04:08 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpudRider View Post

Apparently the phrase "wedding vegetables" is the British equivalent to the American phrase "family jewels."
Trust me, the vegtables are better off without a wedding in some (many) cases.

I can't help thinking about how much better my life would be if I lost mine in a fire sometime prior to puberty.

Last edited by FastDoc; 05-28-2013 at 04:50 PM.

Old 05-28-2013, 04:15 PM   #18

Donation sent. Ride safe.

Old 05-28-2013, 04:38 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastDoc View Post
Donation sent. Ride safe.
Much appreciated! Thank you so much!!!

Old 05-28-2013, 04:40 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheesy View Post
You WILL hate that saddle and the bibs by then. I already know it.
I have several 75mile rides on it already, and not with bibs/shorts, just my dickies work shorts...LOL if i can do 75 in those shorts, i think i will do fine with bibs...

Old 05-28-2013, 05:32 PM   #21

Quote:
You WILL hate that saddle and the bibs by then. I already know it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bogieboy View Post
I have several 75mile rides on it already, and not with bibs/shorts, just my dickies work shorts...LOL if i can do 75 in those shorts, i think i will do fine with bibs...
Seventy-five miles times 6 days in a row is a different scenario. I'm voting with Cheesy on this one.

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2015 Zongshen ZS250GY-3 (RX3)
2006 Zongshen ZS200GY-2 (Sierra 200)
2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894

Old 05-28-2013, 05:34 PM   #22

Closest i have come so far is 2 75 mile days and the rest if the week 35 mi days, and no issue other than sore legs....LOL

Old 05-28-2013, 10:33 PM   #23

I'm going to assume you are much younger than me and therefore aren't going to feel the pain as quickly but make sure your bike fits properly. Like Spud has said, and I've coyly implied, six 75 mile days is a whole different scenario than 75 here, 35 there and the commute to work. I'd hate to see all your effort ruined by a motion injury three days into the ride. That would suck.

Now the somewhat snarky bit from an old ultra distance cyclist. Even though you are doing this ride for a good cause on a (sigh) aluminum frame with (double sigh) brifters, a donation has been sent.

07 Ural Gear Up
79 Honda CX500
77 VeloSolex 4600 V3
73 VeloSolex 3800

I'm making this up as I go.-Indiana Jones

Telling me something 'is for my own good', is a fast way to a fat lip.-Me

I don't even care about my own problems, why should I care about yours?-Quote on one of my favorite t-shirts

Old 05-28-2013, 10:48 PM   #24

Quote:
I'm going to assume you are much younger than me and therefore aren't going to feel the pain as quickly but make sure your bike fits properly. Like Spud has said, and I've coyly implied, six 75 mile days is a whole different scenario than 75 here, 35 there and the commute to work. I'd hate to see all your effort ruined by a motion injury three days into the ride. That would suck.

Now the somewhat snarky bit from an old ultra distance cyclist. Even though you are doing this ride for a good cause on a (sigh) aluminum frame with (double sigh) brifters, a donation has been sent.
i never had any comfort issues on the bike in the 15000 miles i rode it as an mtb, havent had any issues yet as a road bike... as for age? i am but a young whippersnapper at 25...LOLas for the bike, you would have loved my old schwinn worlds steelie with a chrome fork, stem shifters, and brakes that can barely stop you on an uphill...LOL

also the donation is greatly appreciated!!! thank you!!!

Old 05-28-2013, 11:08 PM   #25

You, sir, are younger than my kids. And I tip my hat at 15000 miles on a MTB. Had three and never kept any more than a month. They never felt right
When I get home tomorrow night, I'll post a pic in this thread of a 35 year old cheesy with his bike in front of the Paris City Hall, prior to the start of the 1991 PBP.

Stem shifters, bleah!

07 Ural Gear Up
79 Honda CX500
77 VeloSolex 4600 V3
73 VeloSolex 3800

I don't even care about my own problems, why should I care about yours?-Quote on one of my favorite t-shirts

Old 05-28-2013, 11:27 PM   #26

haha yes, i put 15000 miles on that frame as a mountain bike, i got uncomfortable with a rear triangle shimmy that was happening on hard climbs, ( i usually gear way too high for climbs and muscle through the gear, usually climb in middle ring in the front, 32 tooth ring, and 3-4 in the rear, 22-20 tooth) but had the frame checked out, no cracksor anything, so it got retired and replaced with my midwest hucking bike, a trek fuel 80 with the top fuel 110 carbon rear links...as well as more fork than i will EVER use.... a 150mm travel Marzzochi drop off...

pic from this spring...LOL

and the last pic i have of the 3900 in mtb trim,,,,LOL alsoa sidenote, in this picmy seat is still lowered from the jumpruns i was riding... you want that seat well out of the way...LOL

Old 05-28-2013, 11:39 PM   #27

Donation sent. Have a great ride!

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 05-28-2013, 11:59 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weldangrind View Post
Donation sent. Have a great ride!
thanks man, really appreciate it!!!!

Old 05-29-2013, 07:11 PM   #29

bogieboy, I told you I'd do this. The teal and pink should cause flashbacks of Miami Vice for the old farts in the group.

BTW, the Wrights leather saddle on this bike was 21 years old in this pic. I still ride it 22 years later. Jeez, I got bike seats older than you, too.

07 Ural Gear Up
79 Honda CX500
77 VeloSolex 4600 V3
73 VeloSolex 3800

Old 05-29-2013, 08:44 PM   #30

haha NICE......not tacky at all there with the pink....

we will all have matching uniforms, so we will at least LOOK like we know what we are doing....not sure if we will or not...LOL that remains to be seen...slightly less tacky than your getup if i do say so myself...LOL

we got them from here... http://www.primalcustom.com/

and a blurb about them from the people in charge about what the colors and everything represent, as well as the construction...

Quote:
Here's the new jersey and I don't mind saying it's awesome! The wave patterns represent the two oceans. A clean white chest and back to keep you cool and provide a bright background for visibility. Our primary sponsors are on our ribs, shoulders and back. The green wave is a little more vivid than you see in the image to help you stay safe on the road. On our right sleeve you'll see representations of some of the places we have been, the places we come from and the places we are going. In honor of our participants and the route we have the American and Canadian flag. Within the wave is a little reminder of why we ride.

The fabric is pro-quality, raglan sleeves, full YKK hidden zip, flat lock stitching, and elastic waist.

The pant has 3" compression panels on the legs to keep them fresh along with silicone grippers at the bottom. The chamois is gender specific, superior moisture transfer, seamless with 3 density foams, 4 way stretch, carbon and silver ions to kill bacteria. Specific to the bibs the uppers are a comfortable mesh to keep us cool and made from a high transport wicking fabric. I've field tested the bib/shorts and can say they are very comfortable and supportive.