Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Media/Reviews/Classifieds/Sponsors > Video and Pics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-07-2018, 08:00 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riggs View Post
That music is now drilled into my brain! lol
Good Video

Haha! It’s in like 80% of my videos on my channel! I can’t find anything I like better

Old 06-07-2018, 10:39 PM   #17

Great video, Caesar.

-I think China bikes are great for people that are not sure that they will enjoy riding motorcycles. They can find out for $1500 (for a Hawk 250)

Old 06-08-2018, 10:22 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceasar1010 View Post
Lol bah! I’m 44 I’m the elder now! My first carb was my ruckus and that was a blast. After a few mods I’ll play with re jetting wish I did bikes for years, I’ve always rebuilt motors (mostly 4 cyl)

:o

you don't look your age!

Old 06-08-2018, 02:54 PM   #19

Pretty spot on for me and my personal reasons. Good video!

For me the China bikes have given me the freedom to tear it apart and make it better without worry. Some of the bikes I've owned were just too much of an investment to take risks with. Not so with my China bikes.

A new reason for me is that they have a quality about them that I'm not sure how to describe properly - I'll try. Work-on-ability?? Maybe? The bikes seem to have simplicity that allows them to be serviced without $99999 box of tools. A screwdriver, an 8mm, 10mm, and a few other low cost tools and you should be able to get it going.

Also, like any commodity there are more expensive bikes from China that have premium features and still present a good value proposition.

Old 06-08-2018, 03:12 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sport Rider View Post
:o

you don't look your age!
Genetics: Trust me inside is old stuff underneath an exterior that has not seen much sun due to career choices

Old 06-08-2018, 03:14 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChondaChondaChonda View Post
Pretty spot on for me and my personal reasons. Good video!

For me the China bikes have given me the freedom to tear it apart and make it better without worry. Some of the bikes I've owned were just too much of an investment to take risks with. Not so with my China bikes.

A new reason for me is that they have a quality about them that I'm not sure how to describe properly - I'll try. Work-on-ability?? Maybe? The bikes seem to have simplicity that allows them to be serviced without $99999 box of tools. A screwdriver, an 8mm, 10mm, and a few other low cost tools and you should be able to get it going.

Also, like any commodity, there are more expensive bikes from China that have premium features and still present a good value proposition.
Hhahaha so true ... 8 -10 - 12 - 14 -17 - 19 mm (for my Lifan and My ruckus) and some random other tools and I'm good. I didn't think about that but its very true.

Old 06-08-2018, 04:04 PM   #22

so basically, a hawk is the kind of bike McGuyver would have owned.

Old 06-08-2018, 04:19 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sport Rider View Post
so basically, a hawk is the kind of bike McGuyver would have owned.

Old 06-08-2018, 05:12 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceasar1010 View Post
That’s what I was looking for. Anyone ride on them?
yes its hawk 250 who has these on his bike an even has a video ,that looks a bit painful changing them over to these tires ,my thought is there like 88.00 for both rear being the 4 ,then will have shop put them on,i may for with 4.60 or 510 in back ? i wonder how wide we can go with the rear tires on the hawk an front the 3 2 1 an 510 18 are like $103.00 ,but haveing a bit more meat on the ground seems i may go that way i also see a 3.50 front an 510 rear combo too .i am thinking there wider have not delt with tires in a bit now

Old 06-08-2018, 06:39 PM   #25

Great vid. you got it right man. price price price..........#1 for sure.

Old 06-09-2018, 03:19 PM   #26

Great Video! Seems 100% Correct for me. People who don't know a common screwdriver from a cross point should stay away. I have been nothing but impressed from the China bikes I've owned (with the exception of the Tao Tao Boulder 110). My son's SSR 70 Auto has to have like 100k (LOL) on it already. Letsride jr. rides that sucker every day. I've done nothing but adjust the chain, change oil, and keep an eye on valve lash. My little Apollo RFZ 125 has been AWESOME! I have literally 690 dollars in it. 650 for the bike, 40 bucks for the carb. It runs fantastic and is holding up well. I was going to buy another Brozz but I'm in a holding pattern of disappointment right now LOL!

Old 06-09-2018, 10:55 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by letsride View Post
Great Video! My son's SSR 70 Auto has to have like 100k (LOL) on it already. Letsride jr. rides that sucker every day. I was going to buy another Brozz but I'm in a holding pattern of disappointment right now LOL!
Alan from Excalibur said he used to sell a whole bunch of SSR 70s and never had issues with them. I hear you on the Brozz, although I might get one for Arizona. Ride it in the winter around Yuma. I am still drawn to the bike in spite of what Peace spec'd them with for the '18s. Although, Lifan's KP Mini is street legal for California, and I can get a really good deal on one (but won't have the warranty).

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 06-10-2018, 12:27 PM   #28

holding pattern of disappointment

"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~Benjamin Franklin~

Old 06-10-2018, 12:41 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by culcune View Post
Alan from Excalibur said he used to sell a whole bunch of SSR 70s and never had issues with them. I hear you on the Brozz, although I might get one for Arizona. Ride it in the winter around Yuma. I am still drawn to the bike in spite of what Peace spec'd them with for the '18s. Although, Lifan's KP Mini is street legal for California, and I can get a really good deal on one (but won't have the warranty).
Now that you are closer to csc, have you thought about a purchase. How about a thread , "Mr culc goes to csc"

I'm in a "holding pattern of disappointment" until you get your new bike. Look where you are. To have a new bike and take a ride up that west coast highway...its time.
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~Benjamin Franklin~

Old 06-10-2018, 10:02 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBike View Post
Now that you are closer to csc, have you thought about a purchase. How about a thread , "Mr culc goes to csc"

I'm in a "holding pattern of disappointment" until you get your new bike. Look where you are. To have a new bike and take a ride up that west coast highway...its time.
I could buy it and ride it home, staying off the freeway, of course. Then again, if I get it during rush hour, I could ride up the middle of traffic on the clogged freeway; that way, if anyone asks if you can take a Chinese-made enduro on the freeway, I could vouch for them being easily ridden on one of L.A.'s freeways...

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard