Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > New Member Introductions
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-28-2007, 12:54 AM   #16

Hey Mike,
Post some pics when you get it, I know we all want to see....

Old 02-28-2007, 01:36 AM   #17

will do, i will definitely have it in the next few weeks

Old 02-28-2007, 09:40 AM   #18

culcune I resemble that remark I wanna get my comb out with the handle on it and hang my bandana outta my back pocket, come on I just cut my mullet ( which I miss, but the wife says I can't grow back ) off last summer. I am still 14 (41) you mean we have to act like adults??????? sometimes I think we argue on who has the cheaper bike and how bad it runs, and your bike is cooler than mine. This is the best site I have ever seen, the friendliest, funniest, most informative and non ego inflated site ever, hopefully it stays that way. Welcome Mike, good to meet you! I think we should all move to Waco, and start a China-Bike commune, but I refuse to drink cool-ade and I will not wear sneakers and wait for the mothership to takes us to heaven. :twisted:

Old 02-28-2007, 12:34 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by pobiker
I think we should all move to Waco, and start a China-Bike commune, but I refuse to drink cool-ade and I will not wear sneakers and wait for the mothership to takes us to heaven. :twisted:
As long as we get some of those cool weapons (but don't let the ATF in on the fun!)

I don't want to sound like I am ruining the party, but c'mon, the Thumpertalkers should stick to riding--brow-beating us China bike owners about quality, and then when quality is not the issue, trying to preach how evil and bad China is (1980's propaganda) and how we shouldn't buy these bikes and the extreme ignorant oafs who cheer on the less ignorant oafs...it just got out of control!

I know that China is not exactly a walk in the park, and I am not trying to look at it through rose colored glasses, but it is obviously not as bad as it used to be--the head of Zongshen and the head of Lifan are two of the wealthiest Chinese citizens--not exactly communist ideals!

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 03-01-2007, 08:11 AM   #20

I agree, look at it, they have come a long way and still have a ways to go but they will soon be capitalists just like the filthy American capitalist pigs. Look at Russia, they went goofy and are like a 3rd world country because they just got rid of their whole system and bam they are worse off than being commies. The Chinese are doing it slowly, but they are at least headed in the right direction, it is only a matter of time until they become a sortta democracy, cause they are going to want more freedoms as they get more money. And by the way, R. M. Nixon saw it years ago, they are going to be a controling world power and you cannot underestimate them anymore, they have it by shear numbers. Just the other day their economy and stock market made the other world markets move. They need more personal freedoms, but they also need a controled transition and I know there has to be many, many foregin corporations, many American, having controling interest in their companies. They invest capital in the building of the factories, help them build, design and set up the factories, if not it wouldnt affect our stock market much. It's just like Ford owns Mazda and other American companies own a lot of Japanese companies. They want us to beleive we are loosing jobs to foreign countries, we aren't, we are loosing them to American corporations, owned and controled by so called Americans, that go to these countries because of cheap labor and no worries about the DEP, EPA, AFL-CIO, ACLU, EEOC, OSHA, taxes and any, other laws that might affect the bottom line. Hell I have seen pictures from China's factory towns, looks like Pittsburgh Pennsylvania, USA, from pictures in the early 1900's before there was labor unions and state and federal laws about labor and pollution. Then they went to Birmingham, Alabama, then to Japan, now China needs the steel mills, then when the American workers are all on welfare the Chinese will come here to build mills that our grandchildren will work at for $3.00 @ hour 60 hours a week with no benefits. Hell not many kids today want jobs anyway, momie and daddy take care of em, or they are junkies. All the hippies smokin pot and trippin caused some problems, imagine this generations problems being drunk, heroin junkie, sex with anyone or anything generation will bring to the U.S.A. I am off my soap box, yikes those last lines made me wanna go to Alaska and live like a mountain man.

Old 03-01-2007, 08:37 AM   #21

Send a message via AIM to mdsuave13 Send a message via Yahoo to mdsuave13
fight fight fight... haha... j/k

i like these serious discussions about things.. it shows the maturity level of the people on this site, as compared to other sites, where the most mature of conversations are based on which american idol is better....

2008 Kawasaki KLR650 Candy Lime Green

I am the official China bike registration Guru For the State of Maryland..... HA.

Old 03-01-2007, 09:56 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by pobiker
yikes those last lines made me wanna go to Alaska and live like a mountain man.
Nothing wrong with finding a good cave to live in. :roll:

I think the worst part is I feel like a prisoner at home sometimes -- locking doors, can't let kids walk around the block alone, forget about letting them ride their bicycle around town.... people stealing stuff all over (but hey, that's how I ended up buying a china bike... look for that silver lining I guess)

As a kid, we never locked any doors (day or night) and the morning would start with me saying "Bye mom, I'll be back around dinner" and off on my bicycle I would go.... sometimes being fortunate enough to have some pennies for candy at the drug store.

sorry, I know this is off topic -- I just couldn't resist getting on my box as well.
'02 Kawasaki KX125

Old 03-01-2007, 10:33 AM   #23

Send a message via AIM to mdsuave13 Send a message via Yahoo to mdsuave13
i wish i was old enough to remember when things cost a penny.. i think the cheapest thing i can remember was gum for 5 cents, but that was when i was 10... now its like 50 cents for the same damn stale piece of gum.. (its probably the same EXACT piece of gum that was there when it cost 5 cents...)

yea, times, they are a changing, but thats how it always happens.. i remember when i could ride my xr80 around the neighborhood and thru the woods and not get into a lot of trouble.. now you get your bike taken away and they sell it at auction.. thats why i havent had a dirt bike it a longggg time, no need to get myself into more trouble.. now that i have something street legal, i figure maybe i'll find some legal trails to ride on...

2008 Kawasaki KLR650 Candy Lime Green

I am the official China bike registration Guru For the State of Maryland..... HA.