Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Street
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-14-2017, 09:59 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by OregonRider View Post
I think its 29.5", just barely less than my VFR800.

I don't have high hopes for their visibility, I mostly wanted to lower the power consumption so the charging system has less of a load to support.

Speaking of which, does anyone have a recommendation for upgrading the charging system?
Thanks for confirming the seat height.

I'm not sure if the charging system can be upgraded. I'm unsure if the China bikes have 3 phase AC charging systems.

With the 3 phase AC stators, I use an FH012 or FH020 rectifier regulator. Some people swear by series regulators. I haven't tried a series one on any bike, except HD big twins. I get all my regulator used off ebay for around or under $50. That may be to much to spend on a China bike. I found that mosfet R/R last longer because they don't get hot like a basic shunt style and therefore allow more power through, instead of bleeding it off as heat. Series R/R is supposed to be even better and way more efficient than a mosfet unit.

Old 04-15-2017, 01:13 PM   #17

just saw this dude who tuned his razkull to hit crossing my fingers that I could ever get a vader there. Pretty sure they're the same motor.

Old 04-15-2017, 03:11 PM   #18

Wonder what speed I can get off those small 125's with my "magic touch"

I think I still hold the record for the "Fastest 197cc China Bike/Dual Sport"... got it up to 83mph so far (GPS and Trail Tech Vapor verified) and I'm soon to test it again to try and get a higher speed... this time I'm going to do the "High speed run" on a nice/sunny day with little to no wind and I will be wearing a proper 'aerodynamic' suit... I normally ride with a really loose "parachute" jacket and pants

"You never know what someone is hiding beneath their smile..." - NinjaTom - R.I.P.

Old 04-15-2017, 04:22 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azhule View Post

I think I still hold the record for the "Fastest 197cc China Bike/Dual Sport"... got it up to 83mph so far (GPS and Trail Tech Vapor verified) and I'm soon to test it again to try and get a higher speed...
Several years ago here on Chinariders, we were discussing how to hit 100 mph after Cleveland Cyclewerks had some kind of challenge on their site--100 mph. No one got anywhere with that, but you are probably closest (behind the recently introduced, efi/liquid-cooled RX3 or one of the other sports bikes [ones no one bought] such as the Hisun 250 sports bike)

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 04-15-2017, 08:12 PM   #20

Quote:
Wonder what speed I can get off those small 125's with my "magic touch"

I think I still hold the record for the "Fastest 197cc China Bike/Dual Sport"... got it up to 83mph so far (GPS and Trail Tech Vapor verified) and I'm soon to test it again to try and get a higher speed... this time I'm going to do the "High speed run" on a nice/sunny day with little to no wind and I will be wearing a proper 'aerodynamic' suit... I normally ride with a really loose "parachute" jacket and pants
It doesn't count down hill from pikes peak. (Now you think I'm serious right?)

Too bad you don't have the" big block" 230 cc

Since you saw those post about that $250 microsquirt clone , are you going to get one?
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~Benjamin Franklin~

Old 04-15-2017, 10:34 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBike View Post
Since you saw those post about that $250 microsquirt clone , are you going to get one?
Currently saving up for a few more things on the KLR 650 and the Bashan before I get the EFI kit Lighter Rims for the KLR don't come cheap after all... and I still need a damn welder

"You never know what someone is hiding beneath their smile..." - NinjaTom - R.I.P.

Old 04-15-2017, 11:27 PM   #22

Quote:
Currently saving up for a few more things on the KLR 650 and the Bashan before I get the EFI kit Lighter Rims for the KLR don't come cheap after all... and I still need a damn welder
Are the sealed spoke nipples still holding? How has that worked out. Initial report was favorable.
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~Benjamin Franklin~

Old 04-16-2017, 11:14 AM   #23

The tire is still holding 32 psi... hasn't budged since I did the yob

Old 04-19-2017, 01:10 AM   #24

Hey OregonRider,
did your carb come with this pin missing? I just noticed that the one I got was missing this pin but on all the pictures I've seen, there should be something there. Not really sure if it should be plugged or not. Anybody have thoughts on this?

Have you resolved your idling issue?

I upgraded the jet to a 120. Will be installing this soon. Will let you know how it goes.

Quote:

Its having trouble idling consistently. I've tried turning in the adjustment screw on the carb, but it still wants to oscillate between 1200 and 1500 and sometimes dives under 1000 and sometimes stalls. Sounds like the carb is the culprit?

Old 04-19-2017, 01:56 AM   #25

Nope, mine doesn't have that pin either. I'm very interested to hear how that goes!

I put the 16t sprocket on yesterday and took the bike out for a spin today, the difference is phenomenal!

Along with the carb, I'm planning on getting that Aodonly Racing Low Mount Exhaust that MaxiPad and lots of other Grom/Vader owners have used.

It looks like the following combination of upgrades makes the performance comparable to the fuel injected Grom:

16t Front Sprocket
26mm Carburetor
Aftermarket exhaust

Which for me, would bring the final cost to $1400.

I'm still planning to acquire scrambler handlebars, throttle tube, grips, fender eliminator and repaint some of the plastics, so this thread could get long!

Old 04-19-2017, 02:07 AM   #26

Oh yeah, the idling is still kind of weird. When I put the plastics back on after the sprocket change, the throttle cable got squeezed, so it wanted to idle very high until I fixed that.

It looks like the bike just has trouble idling when its cold. It was 65 degrees here and I had to hold it at about 2500 until I got on and started riding. After a run up and down the street it idled at 1500 as expected. Using the choke doesn't seem to have much effect.

Old 04-19-2017, 09:27 AM   #27

Thanks for confirming the results of your upgrade. I plan on doing the sprocket upgrade too. Did you ever change the jet on the 26mm carb? Also did you change your chain? Some went to the 428 chain.

Quote:
Nope, mine doesn't have that pin either. I'm very interested to hear how that goes!

I put the 16t sprocket on yesterday and took the bike out for a spin today, the difference is phenomenal!

Along with the carb, I'm planning on getting that Aodonly Racing Low Mount Exhaust that MaxiPad and lots of other Grom/Vader owners have used.

It looks like the following combination of upgrades makes the performance comparable to the fuel injected Grom:

16t Front Sprocket
26mm Carburetor
Aftermarket exhaust

Which for me, would bring the final cost to $1400.

I'm still planning to acquire scrambler handlebars, throttle tube, grips, fender eliminator and repaint some of the plastics, so this thread could get long!

Old 04-19-2017, 09:33 AM   #28

Yeah, I think it is normal. I found my idles rough until it warms up too. Yeah, the choke didn't seem to affect idle, but did positively affect my acceleration. (this is based on stock carb performance).

Quote:
Oh yeah, the idling is still kind of weird. When I put the plastics back on after the sprocket change, the throttle cable got squeezed, so it wanted to idle very high until I fixed that.

It looks like the bike just has trouble idling when its cold. It was 65 degrees here and I had to hold it at about 2500 until I got on and started riding. After a run up and down the street it idled at 1500 as expected. Using the choke doesn't seem to have much effect.

Old 04-19-2017, 10:29 AM   #29

Btw, I did buy a used Honda Grom shock off of Ebay for about $40 and swapped the stock shock out.

I found the stock one was very soft and spongy. The replacement was much better. Well worth the $40.

I know the original one is adjustable but not sure how to turn the nut to compress the spring enough to make it more comfortable. It was super difficult.

Old 04-19-2017, 02:27 PM   #30

That's good to know, I'll probably want to stiffen mine as well.

Another thing I wonder about is whether the Vader seat pan resembles the Grom's in any way. I would like to get rid of the forward divot.